1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dedryck Boyata

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Boom Stick, May 31, 2015.

Discuss Dedryck Boyata in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Hopefully we can still get money for him in January.

English clubs are daft enough to pay money even though they can get him for nothing six months later.

Especially the * clubs that might be going down. They’ll chuck £6million at a panic buy in a heartbeat.

2. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I’m not a fan of him personally, but he’s been terrific recently.

Never thought I’d see the day where I said his use of the ball was fantastic, but here we are. It will go unnoticed amongst some great attacking displays, but Boyata played so many great forward passes direct into Rogic and Forrest’s feet today.

3. LloydsGamble

Boyata - Benkovic looks a great partnership, shame we'll have to start from scratch next season.

Xatraps and Rydo1888* like this.
  4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Boyata has been immense since he downed tools.

5. Mr. Slippyfist

No coincidence the * has been trying like * since I offered him a square go outside CP.

Just sayin....

6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Next time you see Scotty offer him a square go. :50:

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    :giggle1:

8. MartinoBianco

Apparently he was rocking a Lisbon Lions baggy when he was away with his Belgian teammates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Dedryck Boyata has insisted that he is fully focused at Celtic after putting a difficult summer behind him

The Belgian defender was targeted by Fulham in the summer transfer window, with Celtic knocked back a £9m bid from the London club for Boyata.

That led to an unsavoury rift between the player and the club, with Boyata refusing to make himself available for the UEFA Champions League qualifiers as he tried to engineer a way out of the club.

Talks took place between Boyata and Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers to address the issues with the player a mainstay of the Parkhead defence since going back into the team.

The player is in the final year of his contract at the club and it appears highly unlikely that he will stay beyond that but for now he has maintained that his sole focus is getting results with Celtic.

“Right now I’m in a position where I’m not supposed to say anything about what happened in the past,” said Boyata.

“But I am fully committed with the team and I’m trying to give as much as I can whenever I’m on the pitch.

“I’m a Celtic player and I’m very happy to be a Celtic player. Whatever happens next, happens next.”

In Boyata’s first appearance since returning to Celtic’s starting XI following his no show for the Champions League qualifiers, there was a Green Brigade banner claiming that Boyata was not ‘fit’ to wear the jersey.

He scored the winner in that game and hasn’t looked back in terms of his selection. The only blot to his copybook was the sending off against St Johnstone in the League Cup.

“What happened in the past is in the past and I’m looking forward to getting back to where we were the last three seasons,” said the defender.

“I’m working hard for it and hopefully we’ll get back where we’re supposed to be.”

Meanwhile, former World Cup star Eric van Meir believes that Boyata can be the successor to Vincent Kompany at the heart of the Belgian defence.

Boyata impressed at the World Cup in Russia after playing the opening three group games and is expected to start for Belgium in a friendly against the Netherlands tomorrow.

Said van Meir: “Dedryck Boyata can become the most important man in the defence of the Red Devils in the future.

“He has already proved that at the World Cup when he successfully dealt with the injuries of Vincent Kompany and Thomas Vermaelen and played really well.”

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It’s clear that he realises his actions in the summer have left a bitter taste and he wants to put it behind him. Most players eventually decide they want to move on to something new and there’s nothing wrong with that, but I’m sure he realises he went about things in the wrong way.

Does he deserve a second chance from the support? Maybe. He won’t get it from some though (myself included tbh). He’s certainly doing his job for the team just now, but he selfishly hindered our Champions League chances with his actions, one of the most important times of our season. It’s unsurprising that someone who commonly has poor decision making on the pitch, can be susceptible to poor decision making off it.

I do think that the overall shambles of our transfer window, served to exacerbate the reaction to Boyata’s actions, yet that still doesn’t justify what he did. No matter what he does, he’s forever tainted his reputation here.

11. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Full 90 for Belgium vs Holland. Him and Denayer in the back 3.

12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    If he's was to sign a new Contract would definently help change a few opinions on him but I don't see it happening

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

13. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Ronny Deila will be looking down proud as punch

Random Review likes this.
  14. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I would be delighted if he did but I do not see that happening at this point.

15. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I've forgave him, we all make mistakes in life.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Some horrible scumbag stole his car

17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

He better sing a new contract so his sign on bonus will pay for a new one :fear:

18. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

As much as some folk strongly dislike him he's arguably our most important player at the moment after Forrest.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Return his car you scumbag.

20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Get yer hands off ma honda

freitassen and Twisty like this.