1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dedryck Boyata

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Boom Stick, May 31, 2015.

Discuss Dedryck Boyata in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Grace

On one hand, I would never boo any Celtic player.

On the other, he stopped being a Celtic player when he pulled this wee stunt.

I'll lose a lot of respect for Brendan if he puts him back in. How is Broony supposed to deliver his message in the huddle to full effect when he knows there's one guy who doesn't want to be there?

Our strength as a team comes from how close a unit the guys seem to be. You see it when they celebrate and pick each other up, it's genuine friendships. Boyata has hurt every one of them.

I wouldn't blame them if they can't forgive him.

freitassen and m8ybhoy like this.
  2. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I hope no one boo’s him but understandably, some will.

One thing is for sure, we are not clear on what has actually went down, we’ve no details on the full situation from both sides.

Something had to give and I am absolutely sure, admition of wrong doing by Boyata had to have been put to Brendan before he would be considered to join the team again.

He’s * up and it was * timing with the Champions League, which has really put the spotlight on him. However * off I may be, if the manager and player welcome him back then as do I.

I’d prefer to hear an open apology that includes fans, I think if he’s any sort of man - he would do that. If not, nothing short of determination and dominance in our defence for the rest of the season.

Contract renewal or not! Head down, get on with your job, then commit or go - but go knowing you made up for your mistakes!

Marie likes this.
  3. m8ybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail the Celts are here
    Totally agree. DB has shown exactly what that team cohesion and friendship meant to him - not hellish much.

And the folk that say, his agent turned his head - influenced him etc. So what if he did? DB still makes his own decisions and has to live with them.

I personally don’t think his head would be in it if he played. He’d be all over the place. And in any case, he shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team again.

We all make mistakes and some can be forgiven, but staying at home pretending you’re injured when your team mates could have done with you in a crucial game is unforgivable.

Trying to force a move for money is one thing, but lying to your employer, your team mates and the fans is simply out of order.

4. seanm

* HIM simples didnt play for the shirt or the team or the fans when there are thousands of TC fans here who played a good standard of football (not me) and would crawl from their deathbed to pull on the hoops.HH.

5. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Hamilton ?

Seosamh Máirtín and Xatraps like this.
  6. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I don't think anybody on here bar you gives a * 'about the player'. Will it benefit the club playing the * or will it be detrimental ?

7. TimFloyd Gold Member

Played something like 30 games of first team football from 2009-2015 before signing for us.

* should be a little more grateful for the opportunity we have given him.

But these types of players rarely are.

8. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    That statement from BR * *.

9. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I wouldn't be surprised if people boo him, although I hope that wouldn't happen.

However, if he is brought back into the team, can you imagine the reaction when he makes one of his trademark errors?

10. Mr. Slippyfist

I generally hate the idea of our fans booing anything other than the opposition or referee, but in cases like this I'd actually be delighted if the * were booed every time he touched the ball.

These * and * like him need to get it into their thick * heeds this club is bigger than ANY *! You don't * us over and expect to be treated with anything other than sheer * venom, none of this kiss and make up pish, naw, you burned your bridges the moment YOU decided you wouldnt be pulling on the jersey, so * ye ya arrogant * if the badge wasnt good enough for you once, then it's never good for you.

* cretin.

11. Pinstripe

He feigned an injury and refused to do something most of us would give the world to do...play for Glasgow Celtic.

So * him.

12. Mr. Slippyfist

And see if Rodgers is thinking of bringing him back into the team instead of asserting his authority, banishing him not even to the under 20's but out of the * club entirely until he's either sold or if needs be until his contract runs out then I'll have lost every single shred of respect I have for Brendan, and he can * off out the door anaw alongside Prickata.

13. DonnyCelt

He cannot play, simple as that. I don't give a * if he's said sorry or whatever but playing him now would be a foolish risk and certainly not beneficial to the club. Having your head turned is one thing, refusing to play is unforgivable imo

m8ybhoy and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  14. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    This is why Lustig can be * and old, but I still have positive things to say about him. He respects the club. Boyata is a toxic character that chases money.

15. joemc

Our money pays their wages ,hard earned with most of us having to take * every day ,so it shows we are out of touch with fan feeling and the approach by the club to develop a closer relationship (which was really working) seems fake and means nothing if a player can do this to the people who are meant to mean the most .
    Im worried this will be our undoing and break the unity ,its not showing strong leadership to welcome back a judas ,no.matter how the club paint this and try to forget it ,the damage is done and will fesster if he continues here ,i know the decissions took are to play down the issues and try to help both in their aims ,us to make money from a sale and boycota to make more money from his move ,it stinks ,and asking fans to forget and move on is impossible ,we are passionate thats wot makes us who we are ,when our team get hurt it hurts us more ,i hope they can sell him asap and avoid disharmony .

m8ybhoy likes this.
  16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

17. oneilla56

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Devil's advocate: could he actually have been injured and BR just got his wires crossed?

18. JC88

What else is he meant to do? We have no other central defenders apart from Ajer and Hendry.

19. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Demand that someone be signed. There is the option of playing Lustig at CB until a new signing arrives.

20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    If he does then it proves Brendan wasn't looking for a centre back

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk