1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dedryck Boyata

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Boom Stick, May 31, 2015.

Discuss Dedryck Boyata in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Said it from the start.

Bad enough he could come back, absolutely terrifying Rodgers calling him top class and one of our best players.

Hopefully the board sell him as soon as possible. Refusing to play in our biggest game of the season should be a sackable offence.

DoTheBroony and HTG like this.
  2. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    People call out the board for lots of *, and rightly so, but i'm pretty sure they'd rather cash in than keep a wantaway player who flat out refused to play in our most important games of the season and is easily replaceable...

3. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    This is going to cause a rift between the fans & Rodgers

4. DoTheBroony

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kristoffer Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of Honour, BBB
    I think part of the issue is that he isn't easily replaceable given our current centre back situation and our non-existent scouting network. On any other even just bang average team he's replaceable but Celtic has found a way to make that not the case. We'll need to sign 2 centre backs if (when?) Boyata goes, and right now that seems like a fantasy.

5. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    At the moment what i could see happening is boyata signing a contract extension so we sell him in january. It gets us more money for him but it's the wrong way to go about it as fans will never take to him again. Hopefully i'm wrong as i want him punted this month even if we get half of the 9 million quoted.

DoTheBroony likes this.
  6. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Not completely out of the question but he does he's going to get * hounded by the fans. We're one of the most passionate and supportive crowds in World football on our day but when folk try to * us about we never let them forget it.

Boyata effectively took a big * on the club, and in doing so cost us around £30M and put a massive dent in our standing as a Champions League club. If he was a top class player and a fan favourite it would still be very difficult to come back from this. As it is he's considered a sometimes half decent defender at best, so in all likelihood his name will be mud around CP for the rest of eternity.

Unless he scores a hat trick against the huns next month, then boots Gerrard up the *. Then his poster can go back up.

7. ddub11

s
    Serious?Boyata is taking the * and rodgers is trying to make out thats not happening.

Look we all know boyata wants out and he will do anything to get what he wants,i get rodgers cant come out and say what we all know, but at the same time he shouldnt come out and tell us anything different.

8. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

If he ever does play for us again I hope he’s booed so much he breaks down in tears the horrible *.

* him and his agent.

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He should never play for Celtic again and if he does, which I now think he will, my respect for Rodgers will diminish.

10. m8ybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail the Celts are here
    The one thing I admire most in any human being is ‘integrity’.

DB has shown a complete lack of it and I agree, there’s no way back for him.

Despite how desperate we are defensively, we should not have him starting for us. If this does happen, he should be booed until he either walks off or gets subbed.

No one is bigger than the club or should hold the club to ransom. It’s a dangerous precedent to accept.

Plus, he doesn’t have the character to handle this pressure that he has created. The first howler he makes again will be severely scrutinised. His career would actually be stronger in the long run by not playing for us again. There will be no mercy. It will not be forgotten, even if some find it to forgive.

11. Seosamh Máirtín

Imagine he's brought back against that lot....:99:

12. freitassen

He is looking more and more like a clown so that makes sense

13. freitassen

Mine already diminished a lot.

Gamboa wants to play for his national team in an official important competition: ostracized for life at Celtic and just plays when there is absolutely no alternative.

Boyata stabs the team in the back: "He is a good boy" "Top Class"

14. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

If he comes out and apoligizes, says his head was up his * etc but is now focused again do we forgive him?

or do we throw *-fulled nappies at him?

Marty McFly likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BRENDAN Rodgers insisted last night that refusenik central defender Dedryck Boyata will be involved in the midweek Europa League play-off round tie against Suduva in Lithuania – if he apologises to the club’s staff and players. The Belgian international, who controversially declined to make himself available for the Champions League qualifying ties against AEK Athens complaining of a back strain, was with the Parkhead side’s development squad yesterday ahead of his return to first team training tomorrow. While the player’s return would be controversial amongst his fellow players and the club’s fans, Rodgers is determined to give the 27-year-old a chance to redeem himself and feels he would be accepted back. Two potential suitors, Fulham and Lazio, are now out of the race after the closure of the English and Italian windows, although two weeks remain until the window closes elsewhere.

Whatever has been said will be internal but of course before anyone will join the group that [an apology] will always have to be the case to staff and to players,” said Rodgers, after the 3-1 Betfred Cup win against Partick Thistle. “When he joins the group that will be the case. We will sit down again Monday and I am pretty sure he will be back in with the squad again and everything is clean and we move forward. He is outstanding player and we want to have our best players available to us.

They [the other players] will [accept him] because they are an honest group. Redemption always takes a wee bit of time - the Celtic supporters are demanding supporters but they also accept as well and I think if Dedryck puts on the shirt again then I know he will be as committed as ever and if you show that commitment then the Celtic support will always be behind you.”

16. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'm not going to boo him, just couldn't boo one of our players but I'm not sure that everyone will do the same.

He's got to apologise to the fans as well

17. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    We don't know what went on behind the scenes, what his agent was feeding him etc, for all we know his agent was probably mixing it like a school kid, they said etc. If there is a apology and he fires that agent, then I would be willing to let it pass.

18. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Bringing him back into the fold because we are absolutely hopeless at finding a replacement. Something is going to give soon.

19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Take the * to Lithuania and leave him there.

20. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    By refusing to play he has lost any respect from the fans and although possibly his head was turned by his agent, what I call betrayal is something I can't forgive or forget easily.

Personally if a huge bid had been made with a replacement readily available i'd have let him go. BR maybe didn't have that option so now has to somehow shore up the defence and if that means getting Boyata back playing or as cover so be it.

I wouldn't boo him nor any Celtic player and if the other players accept his apology then fair enough. They will know far better than anyone of us what has been going on.