1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Darts Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Armagh-Bhoy, Oct 9, 2012.

Discuss Darts Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Armagh-Bhoy

Nobody else watch darts??? Truley the sport of the kings!!
    The World Grand Prix is on in Dublin, Great week of darts.

2. Markybhoy

Gary Anderson, James Wade and Barney all pumped out in the 1st round. I'll be surprised if Phil Taylor doesn't win it now.

3. Armagh-Bhoy

A lewis - taylor final would be brillent, should happen now as most of the big players have fallen already.
    Anderson just looks like he is done with darts, wouldn be suprised if he takes a couple months out until the worlds.. Its a shame, on his day he can match and beat taylor, lewis, wade all of them..

4. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    There's several darts threads already mate :50: Not one big one though. Just one's for the Premier League, Grand Prix and occasional specific player (i.e. Jocky Wilson).

Haven't been watching it as I've been too busy but it sounds like Anderson hasn't recovered from earlier in the year. A couple of months out would do him the world of good I reckon. The Power the man to beat again as usual :icon_mrgreen:

5. Armagh-Bhoy

Safer keepin this one for all???
    No hes still not playing well and he was playing agienst Dolan so the crowd agienst him didnt help, did you hear the rumor that he had a scuffle wit Painter in Berlin and got a 3 event ban for it?? Suposdley he wasnt happy with that decision so could be a factor in it..

6. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Aye mate hopefully if it picks up enough over time a mod will stickie it like the NFL/NCAA thread. :50:

Nah mate I never heard that rumour, any sources or that or is it just hear'say just now :50:?

7. Markybhoy

Watching Justin Pipe play darts makes me lose the will to live. Hurry up man!!

8. Armagh-Bhoy

Well i seen it on a darts forum, but some of them bhoys are score keepers and stuff at floor events so could be beliveable enough..
    I all fairness Painter is defo one of them faces you could punch easily :icon_mrgreen:

Dolan in the 1/4's again he just loves this event.
    Pipe making half the crowd fall asleep again i see..

9. Armagh-Bhoy

The power up now, already looking onamious, 1 set up.

10. Markybhoy

Anyone see the Justin Pipe v Kevin Painter match? I thought the two of them were gonnae have fisticuffs on the stage at the end. Justin Pipe called Painter a * when he was walking off the stage.

11. Armagh-Bhoy

Seen it but Painter tweeted after it saying it was all in the moment and him and Pipe are good mates, just the will to win or something.
    Did you see the Taylor - Thornton match?? Unbeliveable quality and its not often Taylor gets beat playing at his best.

12. Markybhoy

Not sure if I believe Kevin Painter there. They didn't seem to like each other much last night. It was certainly the fastest I've ever seen Justin Pipe move. :smiley-laughing002:

Yeah, Robert Thornton did well. It's not like Phil Taylor to miss 3 darts at double 16 with the match on the line though.

13. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Mon the Thorn. Just seen he won.

14. Armagh-Bhoy

Aye if he moved as quick throwing his darts people might not get as annoyed with him, altho pipe used to do MMA so could be a hard bhoy.
    But Taylor took out soo many last dart doubles in the whole match it was just i think. Odds on Thornton will go out next round, i have yet to see anybody beat Taylor then win their next match..

15. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I heard his arm was * in a car accident years ago and that's why he takes so long :50:

16. Armagh-Bhoy

Act remember hearing that as well a wile ago now that ya mentioned it, still shouldn make ya throw much slower than normal.

17. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley

Maybe it was paralysed or something and doesn't move well repetitively. But if he done MMA after it then there's really no excuses for his speed of throw is there :smiley-laughing002:

18. Armagh-Bhoy

I think its just the way he naturally throws, dennis priestly throws as slow but doesnt get much stick for it..
    Thats wat them commentators on SKY used ta say the ex-MMA fighter..
    Steve Beatons a legend aswell, looks like he could sup a fair bita drink :icon_mrgreen:

19. Armagh-Bhoy

Brendan Dolan into the Semi Finals again, Brillent :icon_mrgreen:
    Has a decent chance of winning it this year aswell, surley Irish sports personality of the year if he does :smiley-laughing002:

20. Markybhoy

A wee outbreak of the Celtic Symphony in the background there. Imagine all the raging zombies throwing their tellies oot the window. :93: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]