1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Darlington Nagbe

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Officer Doofy, Nov 23, 2016.

Discuss Darlington Nagbe in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

That might be the most bizarre logic I've encountered on here.

And I've had to read Dr Venglos posts for years.

2. cambridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I am no fan of American foreign policy but I can't real blame that on 320 odd million individuals, going by that logic I should be out on the streets of Cambridge fighting every last one of the locals.

Bumblebee likes this.
  3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

"Cut the custard".

That's up there with "the world is our lobster".

4. cambridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    "Cut the custard" :84:

joemc likes this.
  5. lemon difficult

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    the population of portugal is about 10m, but they still manage to consistently produce players of exceptional quality ahead of a country like england with 5 times the population. population has nothing to do with it...its about the infrastructure and quality of coaching.

considering that the US have only really taken football semi seriously for around 5 years now, its understandable that they dont have the highest levels of either and they also have the added task of trying to change a mindset that views football as the sport that people only play if theyre not good at basketball, hockey or the wife beaters club

bradley's record was 2 wins, 2 draws and 7 losses. a better record than garry monk in the run before he was sacked....a manager who the season before was being hailed as one of the brightest young british coaches in the game. that run of games didnt suddenly make garry monk a manager who "couldnt cut the custard", he was somewhat unlucky.

swansea are a club that are in freefall for the reasons stated in my previous post. talk to some swansea fans and a lot of them will tell you the same. the board stitched up guidolin by bringing in bradley, and then stitched up bradley too. anyone that didnt have an obviously prejudiced stance towards americans would recognise that bradley wasnt given the time or resources to make any kind of difference at swansea

6. John1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    on the other hand anyone who had a pro American prejudice would know that Bradley had proved in his short time as manager that he was simply not fit for purpose & it isn't his fault America has a great history winning the World games every season as well as excelling in Basketball & other sports .
    Of course they excell in murdering women & children in oil rich countries where they take control over the oil & claim they are maintaining world peace

7. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We sacking Brendan Rodgers ?

8. John1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The sad thing is that the American population continue to elect war hungry leaders one after the other . They are happy as long as the fighting happens away from Americas , so that it is foreign women & children who are mowed down by the inaccurate American army

9. cambridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I should firstly apologise for my part in dragging the thread off topic, secondly the outgoing POTUS has shown to us how little power the office holds. The USA is run by major corporations, usually in arms and oil but not exclusively. It is also worth noting that 45% of the electorate didn't vote and the turnout hasn't been above 60% since the Nixon days.
    By the same token I could claim everybody in Scotland is a * for helping to return the murderous Tony Blair or for rejecting the chance to break the union. If I hated countries based on the way they voted in General Elections I would hate nearly everyone.

Norm Peterson likes this.
  10. lemon difficult

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    your lack of ability to make any kind of reasoned argument regarding the quality and suitability of football players or managers from the US completely undermines any of your attempts to make serious statements of a political nature (which don't really have any relevance in this topic anyway)

11. Norm Peterson

That's true. That's why I cringe at the abuse Nir Bitton gets simply for being born and indoctrinated in Israel.

12. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    If you want to debate political issues use the HPR section.

Now where did I put the * ban hammer? :43:

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  13. cambridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What Bitton posted on social media was extremely insensitive though and left a horrible taste in the mouth. He is one of the laziest wanks I have seen in a Celtic shirt too, this ensured I felt little sympathy for him!

14. cambridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Apologies. You can probably close the thread as I doubt Darlington will be signing. What a * name though! I have heard of people called London, Paris, Brooklyn, Verona, Florence but * Darlington:56:

Twisty likes this.
  15. Norm Peterson

My point is, is that he's been indoctrinated as well, as have most Israelis into supporting the Zionist regime.

16. cambridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    True, but he showed an awful lack of self-awareness, hardly a rarity in modern professional footballers.

17. Drosejr

Intellectually Absurd likes this.
  18. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I think he'll be a celtic player before the window closes, Rodgers obviously wants him and we can afford him, we'll just be playing hardball with the Timbers.

19. Sydneysider

Oddly enough it makes more sense than the original "cut the mustard" which no-one can actually explain, even the OED says its one of those sayings whose original meaning has been lost in the mists of time.

20. cambridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I was always led to believe that it came from old military parlance in England. Men would be 'mustered' or assembled after a battle and those who weren't fit enough were removed, the remainder 'cut the mustered', becoming 'mustard' over time. It is ironic then that we laugh at those who use 'custard' instead of 'mustard' when both are technically wrong!