1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Darlington Nagbe

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Officer Doofy, Nov 23, 2016.

Discuss Darlington Nagbe in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. kswilly

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras / Brown / Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of Honour / Grace / YNWA / Fields of Athenry / Soldiers Song
    As an American and an avid viewer of MLS Darlington is a great player... to the average fan he puts in consistent average performances. But to a fan with a solid footballing mindset he is a brilliant player who can fill in some gaps in our team! Get him in in January so he can mesh with the rest o the squad for Europe next season!

2. leeso-ardoyne

I disagree! Bring as many as possible because good pr can come back ten fold. As for costing us alot, a good accountant can make them trips cost is nothing through expenditure. Either pay the tax man it or bring players to expose our club to more potential players. A good accountant can look after this and would cost us nowt!

3. 4-4-2

In your idealistic set-up when you take over you can implement that very idea, but think you wouldn't be long in changing it back when you see the volume of requests from a variety of levels of player ability, why assist and pay for so many when you have hard paying fans.

As it currently stands the process I stated is in place for Celtic FC, and I should highlight in place in 2 other SPL clubs and the Premiership club I assisted before moving back up (regardless of wealth of club it's the set up adopted by almost all as not aware of any British team that implement your preferred option).

Hope you enjoyed the win and hopefully regardless who arrives in January to take us on to an even higher level.

4. CMacgregor93

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You Never Walk Alone
    Plus with China grabbing all the biggest talent, don't be surprised if the smaller Asian countries prefer going over there than Mainland Europe.

5. John1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Kswilly to be perfectly honest ! wouldn't be happy if Celtic signed any player who had only played in the Mls .
    I think that a player limited to that league often have an over inflated opinion of themselves and really a player needs the experience of playing in various leagues

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Sounds like the sorta things EPL fans say about our players tbh

DutchCelticFan likes this.
  7. WonderKid7144

upload_2017-1-12_17-8-51.png

Officer Doofy likes this.
  8. kswilly

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras / Brown / Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of Honour / Grace / YNWA / Fields of Athenry / Soldiers Song
    Have you watched any interviews or documentaries on him... he is very humble and a great human being

9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    There is one earlier in this thread and it showed him in a very good light, I would still like to see us sign him as he looks a good player, but I think he wants to stay in the MLS as he looked settled in the video I seen.

10. John1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I don't think there has been a continuous stream of players with just Mls experience who have made it as footballers on these islands . Listening to a successful American Manager who took over a club in England recently & failed miserably , he didn't even speak the English language in relation to football as we know it .

11. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

By that same logic Tom Rogic fails here. Or is the Australian League different?

12. John1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    To be honest it took Tom Rogic many season to become important & valuable to Celtic & although Australians as a rule don't suffer from lack of self confidence , they are not as full of themselves as the Americans are .

13. cambridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :68: You haven't come across many Australians, have you?

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  14. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

You seem to just be making massive generalisations

15. John1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Why do u say that was Rogic an instant star at Celtic

16. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Nothing to do with Rogic. Your attitude towards americans. It's general.

John1967 likes this.
  17. lemon difficult

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Tim Howard, Clint Dempsey, Brad Guzan (arguably), Kasey Keller all became pretty decent established footballers while Perry Kitchen looks as if he could go on to have a decent career too.

There are also a number of players who went on to prove themselves with only having limited European experience previous to arriving (Donovan and Friedel among others).

If you were to look at the players in recent years who have come over and compare the ones that have done a job against the ones that haven't, its probably pretty even and there have been more resounding successes than miserable failures.

I wouldn't call myself a champion for the MLS, and to be honest I havent really watched much of it but I would say that it's unfair to judge the quality of the league so harshly these days. They have made progress in terms of quality and will only go on to make more

What you're saying about American players is the exact same thing an EPL fan would be saying about players like Brown, Armstrong or KT. They've only done well in the Scottish league, so they'd never do well down here

With regards to Bob Bradley, he was judged a bit harshly in my opinion. Fair enough, it was a decision that was initially based on the fact that American (part-)owners wanted to give the club a bigger American identity, but regardless of that, to give someone 11 games and without ever having the opportunity to have bring in their own players is ridiculous. The issues with Swansea in recent times have not been down to any of the managers, but more down to a downsizing of assets and a board that starting believing their own hyperbole that they had one of the best blueprints for running a club.

But i suppose, he did call it soccer so he deserved to be sacked.

18. John1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Population of the United States is something like 350m , so it would be easier to find a needle in a hay stack than a decent footballer in the states . The people that mattered trusted Bradley with the job , they soon found out that they thought he wasn't up to it . 11 games with was it one win , just didn't cut the custard , really they probably were lucky he didn't get spending money .

19. Aidan O’Shea

Which would be fine if the generalisations were accurate. Australians not full of themselves :giggle1:

20. John1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Americans in general haven't showed much love to the men women & children of Irag & Afganistan over the last 20 years . Of course they continue to help the Israeli's to trample on their Palestinian neighbours.
    I cannot imagine a nation whose citizens in general I would like less