1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Daniel Church

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by belbhoy, May 9, 2016.

Discuss Daniel Church in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    After his defending against Queens Park the other night..

He's way off..

He's good on the ball though..

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I'm hoping he does well there and comes back ready to take the next step up the ladder. Good luck.

bagforlife, Rydo1888* and Tommy25 like this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Dundee are set to give Daniel Church the chance to win a deal, writes Scott Burns.

The left-back is set to train with James McPake’s squad from today.

Church still has a year left on his contract at Celtic but is in talks to agree an early termination.

The 20-year-old feels he needs first-team football.

Church had a spell on loan at East Fife last season and now wants to get more top-team action.

5. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Shame he hasn't progressed, had high hopes for him a couple of years ago.

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Good delivery but isn't good enough..

Defensively weak..

7. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Good on him for looking to make the next move and get first team football. Pity it's not working out here.

8. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    No doubt covid is partly to blame but the amount of football, the quality of games and the quality of loans provided to our reserve/academy players is absolutely shocking

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

9. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just not going to make it. Punt

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Didn’t realise he was 20, shame he never kicked on but I think most of these kids need to be playing mens football from a younger age. Playing U21’s until 18/19 unless a top talent just wastes a lot of careers.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Him being kept around until he was 20 and never getting a chance was a joke.

Turned down Man Utd to stay yet never given a chance. * wonder why boys are leaving to go to the likes of City, Bayern etc.

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

What chance will they get at those clubs though?

Who was the last player that Bayern brought through their academy to play for them regularly? Or City for that matter?

Alot of the people that ask us to give youth a chance are the same ones that go Tonto if the team has a bad performance/result as a consequence.

Lennon gave starts to Rogic, Bitton & McGeouch v Morton in the cup when they were all young and we ended up getting dumped out of the cup. People then caned him.

Going forward a manager will naturally then be less inclined to blood youngsters in the team.

I'd love us to have faith in the youth more but I don't think the majority of supporters have the patience to accept that mistakes may be made and the team might be negatively impacted as a result.

14. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It doesn't have to be wholesale though does it?

Really the development squad should be given targets of so many games under their belt or if not met put up for loan/sale.

If they aren't here to develop, or cant because of the set-up they should leave.

Simplifies it for everyone.

15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Why stay here when you won’t get a chance when you can go somewhere else to get a better education and play against better players every week. That’s not even mentioning money.

Genuinely, what the * does Lennon bottling Morton in the cup have to do with us producing youth players?

Blooding academy players doesn’t mean you stop being successful. We’ve probably got a higher wage bill than the rest of the league put together. If a manager can’t produce academy players here regularly then maybe they aren’t that good of a coach.

16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I get where you're coming from, but I disagree if it's done the right way.

The home games against Hamilton, St Mirren, Ross County etc. These are the games where we regularly find ourselves 3-0 up, cruising, with 30 minutes left. And those are the games where young players, academy products or new signings, should be getting a run out for 20/30 minutes. Drip feed them into it.

Last season we'd be in those positions, and we'd end up bringing on the likes of Hayes and Bitton. * that, give boys like Welsh, Robertson, Dembele, McInroy etc a run out.

I think the fans would love to see that. It gives us a glimpse at potential future first team players, and it also gives those boys more reason to want to stay if they see they have a clear path to the team.

It's the same with a lot of our signings over the years as well. Connell, Soro, Klimala, Eboue and so on. Let's get them on the pitch and see what they can do, rather than seeing the same old faces who are never going to establish themselves as first picks.

The_Bhoy, Twisty and freitassen like this.
  17. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

We had Kieran Tierney plying in front of him, you know, another product of our academy.

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

To be fair, Tierney missed a fair amount of games through injury. And Church still never got a chance because we brought back an over the hill, and then some more, Izaguirre.

19. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    There were plenty of times to give him proper game time, Tierney suffered serious injuries during his final years with us. Instead of giving Church a chance we played an abysmal izaguirre ahead of him.

Even last year, neither Bolingoli nor Taylor were really fancied by the manager, instead of giving him an opportunity we pretty much papped him out on loan to a lower league team and used a winger instead.

Valhalla likes this.
  20. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Did he deserve a chance? Thats another thing altogether. I cant remember seeing him play but I know he had a very average loan in Scottish League 1.

I dont disagree that sometimes we're slow to give young players chances. But at the same time, they have to be worthy of it.

The_Bhoy likes this.