1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Cyle Larin

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Officer Doofy, Nov 29, 2016.

Discuss Cyle Larin in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I actually have doubts over whether we are interested. Probably scouted him when we were over looking at Nagbe etc.

If or when Dembele does go it will be for a fsir whack so we should aim to look for a replacement from Europe with a fraction of the money.

2. WonderKid7144

I would take him because he's young, a better option than Cifti and would be cheap. Great choice for 3rd choice striker. BUT I haven't anything on this side of the pond of this interest so have a feeling there is nothing to it

3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I don't want him here for the price quoted, then again, I haven't seen enough of him. I think we need a midfielder more than a striker.

4. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    dont think the standard of mls matters too much ,a lot of good players have come out of america Landon Donovan,Claudio Reyna,Brian Mcbride,Clint Dempsey,Micheal Bradley,Eddie Pope,Tim Howard,Bobby Wood,Jozy Altidore,DeAndre Yedlin,Brad Guzan,Brad Friedal,Perry Kitchen.

Swervedancer likes this.
  5. CMacgregor93

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You Never Walk Alone
    I think this guy can be a better investment than who we have now than Cifti, and if Dembele does go, then we can develop this young lad under Griffiths and build some more confidence into him.

6. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's a bit of an odd one to see people lambasting the league's quality when Boyd and Miller were shockingly bad and then came back to Scotland and did alright for themselves. Somehow these incompetent American managers and players figured out a way to shut down these mediocre players in a way their Scottish counterparts never could.

CelticNYC and Swervedancer like this.
  7. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ehh, not quite. He played for the worst team in the league, not the best. Do you want Celtic being judged based on who is the starting left back for ICT?

CelticNYC likes this.
  8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Easy tiger. We can all throw a couple name's about..

The Mls is of a higher standard than here, and so it should be in every sense... But it doesn't half have it's fair share of duds, and particularly in defence whenever I've watched game's. Some of them have been laughably bad..

9. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    As you can see in the second post, my issue is more with the types who portray MLS as being below League of Ireland quality. Of course the league has terrible matches. I like the league but even I find the forced rivalries and traditions to be particularly cringeworthy. I'll never fault somebody for pointing out the obvious, but it can be a bit annoying seeing somebody with his goal-scoring record being dismissed more than if a similar prospect was coming out of the Slovenian league. I'm in a bit of a weird position where I defend MLS on this forum, and defend Celtic and the SPL on the American forum. I think both sets of supporters could do without trying to establish their own significance by downplaying others'.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    That's a ridiculous comparison and can only be from someone without a telly..

I didn't watch much Mls this season due to time's etc but to be fair, last year I watched a fair bit, and quite enjoyed it..

Of course some rivalries are gonna be forced and the ultra type supporter's anthems cringey, but it's all really still starting out. The originality will come when club's get there own real identity and real rivalries emerge..

The standard is ok. Some very good stuff going forward, and some amateurish stuff in some defences which all add to the excitement..

As for our own..... It get's a rough ride but is not as bad as made out..

CelticNYC and CalgaryBhoy like this.
  11. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Completely agree, but sadly you see it a lot on here. It's those who I get annoyed with, not people who very reasonably point out the league's weaknesses.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  12. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Yeah, sorry not Dalllas. Houston Dynamo. I was more amused by the fans TBH. But yes,no,ah.:39:

13. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Moussa is here for another year and a half. * do two years here, then go for 25-35M.

But that depends on CL qualification. If the unthinkable were to happen and we lose out to CL two years in a row Lawell will put him out on the shop window to recoup.

Not exactly a replacement, but this kid looks the business. Sign him up.

14. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    This is a very good, true point. For the most part I find the goaltending, and marking to be quite woeful. Players usually do have quite decent skill going forward, although I find ball control in general in the MLS to be very subpar as well.

Overall I think it can be hard to tell, with the attacking and defending being so far apart in terms of quality. I think the routine strikers you see in the MLS would be no better than a Louis Moult, Scott McDonald ect. The higher standard players would be Jozy Altidore, Larin, Higuain and so forth.

All depends on how you view it I guess.

15. CMacgregor93

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You Never Walk Alone
    Would be encouraging for the MLS to invest more in young talent, and start establishing some form of academies to nurture more youth. Rather than poach after the over 30s whose best days are behind them.

16. CMacgregor93

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You Never Walk Alone
    He scored in Orlando's opener against New York City FC. It was the only goal of the game. If he has a good run through to June/July, then Celtic should definitely consider making a bid for him.

17. Farmer

Three goals in two games to start the season. Sign him up Celtic!

Unfortunately not being released for the friendly against Scotland.

CalgaryBhoy likes this.
  18. Heb Celt

Like the way he chooses precision over power with his shots.That goal he scores with his chest is a belter.Great with headed goals too.

19. John1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I am not so sure about that side of the Atlantic as been a good breeding ground for strikers in the SPL .
    I just don't think he would be battle hard enough to come out successful after 90 mins against an animal like Clint Hill . After playing them it may be even more than B Rodgers can achieve getting his confidence back up

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    You know it John..