1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Criticism of Peter Lawwell.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by lion67, May 27, 2014.

Discuss Criticism of Peter Lawwell. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dáibhí

Okay, who was the guy? And why was he at a meeting with Lawwell where he decided to openly mention that he was * over the Celtic support?

2. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    Lawell has hid fingers in a lot of pies, if he wanted to help Celtic fans and seriously challenge legislation in place that he and the club are supposedly against he could, but i think he's too worried about hampering his own future prospect if he stands up to the authorities in this country.

I've never criticised Lawell's financial management of the club, I'm only unhappy that he seems to give less than two * about the fans. And yes, some people are making him out to be the fall guy, just by going on and on about there being other people on the board you are implying he is the fall guy.

3. murphy88

His name is Stevie Cairney, and he was a delegate with the Affiliation of Registered Celtic Supporters Clubs. There is the video. I will let you make up your own mind if you think he is fabricating stories or not.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7yKQZaeSew"]Peter Lawwell Collusion With Police To Arrest Celtic Fans - YouTube[/ame]

4. made in ireland

In addition to that, I think you can also infer quite a bit from the way in which Lawwell orchestrates his meetings and interactions with supporters and supporters groups. He's reluctant to meet groups together, and I think I'm right in saying that a number of supporters representatives have suggested that they felt this was his way of telling one group one thing and others groups/individuals another.

5. Dáibhí

I'm really not, I'm simply stressing the point that he doesn't act completely on his own. He has fellow board members to answer to.

I'm not saying that he's being forced into any policy that he doesn't agree with, I'm simply saying the decisions lie with more people than just him.

6. combene

Lawwell is such a hero. I mean we would be in liquidation if it wasn't for him :87:

7. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Without Lawwell we'd be in billions of debt after us stupidly taking out ridiculous loans to sign Xavi, Ibrahimovic and Iniesta....... thank * for Lawwell.

8. lion67

Thanks for the input :50:

9. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    A certain amount of fans wont be happy due to various issues currently in Scottish football such as corruption and what part if any Celtic have to do with it and if Celtic have been trying along with other clubs to end the corruption. SFA/SEVCO/Lies in media etc...

10. murphy88

The issue that was being discussed in the video I posted backs that up. The guy said that he had a meeting with others, and they confirmed they had also saw the same footage about the GB. So there obviously was separate meeting about the same topic of discussion. Whether that happens with most things, I'm not sure mate.

11. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    I would say Lawwell has tried to split the support, the fan/s who back him to the hilt are the ones who dont want to think bad of the club.

12. made in ireland

Yeah, it has been one of the more commonly raised points at the supporters open meetings.

13. SonOfAnarchy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, Lubo and Virgil Van Dijk
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y.N.W.A
    Get's far too much stick on here as far as I'm concerned, probably the best chief executive we have ever had, given then conditions he has had to work under.

14. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    100% agree.

15. Fanny Chmelar

I agree m8 ,Its only some elements of the support that think bad of him ..Everyone's welcome at Parkhead ..just leave your baggage at the front door .

16. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    the fact that the deedco hate him as much as lenny must mean he,s doing something right .

17. Blantyre Bhoy

Dermot Desmond is the major shareholder not Lawwell, he basically calls the tune and agrees the budget.

Yes he is worth £1.3 Billion if we belive the rich list, so get your finger out Dermot and help this club get back at the top, not the European also rans.

18. ulsterscot

Interesting you are no business guru , but surely you realise that there is a difference in a minority shareholder " loaning " the club money , and Abramovich who is the owner of Chelsea who can do things like that.
    Abramovich has so much money that rules don't apply to him , he bought over Chelsea with Russian money and the English establishment welcomed him with open arms .

19. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    You do realise I don't expect DD to spend wild sums on Celtic - nowhere near the level Abramovich has.

I was just implying that there are means in which he can utilise his power in order to invest more money. That's all I'm saying.

20. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

really, can you explain that bombshell?