1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Criticism of Peter Lawwell.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by lion67, May 27, 2014.

Discuss Criticism of Peter Lawwell. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Well, we don't know who actually picks defenders that we do sign. Is it only him, or does Brendan look at his suggestions, and pick a name? So, it's between 10 and 20 percent. But who brought Congerton in, in the first place? I bet Lawwell had a say.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He has a previous working relationship with Brendan.

3. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    *. That actually makes it more likely that Brendan has got bad advice, and he doesn't know that.

4. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I've had a go at PL before but this time I blame the manager for a number of terrible signings.

5. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I wonder what was the January transfer budget. If Lawwell set it so low that we could only afford Morgan, Hendry and Compper, then that's an issue in itself.

6. Martybhoy53

He probably won't give a *. Too busy on the golf course.

7. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

its not right that peter lawell isnt made to face the music for the state we are in regarding 1st team players for a crucial stage of the season

he should be made to do a press conference a blind deaf and dumb man could have told you we were going to struggle in the champions league qualifiers at some point with what little decent defensive cover we had

but then it actually got worse, which to me means lawell and co were sitting on their hands gambling like * on our progress and the very good to great chance of qualifying and receiving another £40m quid was gone, hes incompetent

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Just aswell he got the Dafabet deal done instead of buying a * CB or two, him and that wee rat * Bankier need hunted.

Mince.Charming, KRS-1888 and JC88 like this.
  9. JC88

He'll be preparing a pre-recorded interview in which he hand picks the questions, and will proceed to quote what all the loonball board sympathising bloggers and prominent posters on KDS are saying.

Just as he done after the Lennon debacle. "There'll just be another Peter Lawwell waiting to replace me" etc. No doubt it'll be "We gambled on the English window shutting to get the best deals possible" this time.

10. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    He is quite simply as someone else on here stated...
    An egotistical * who is so much so becomes complacent.
    And not for the first time.
    Someone who discribed football like a Hollywood movie...wish he would * off.

richardm, JC88 and Liam Scales like this.
  11. Markybhoy

It was said in another thread that the John McGinn saga was a * measuring contest between Peter Lawwell and Rod Petrie. With Lawwell playing the part of Long Dong Silver. Well if this transfer window proves one thing it is that Lawwell is a * chode!

This has been one of the worst transfer windows Celtic have had in the last 20 years. And even IF the board rushed out now and bought a decent centre-back it wouldn't change that fact. The money men shot themselves in the foot spectacularly this time. Haggling over £750,000 for a midfielder and sitting on their hands when a centre back was desperately needed has essentially cost them £30million. Stupid *. That will be hurting them more than the fact Celtic were knocked out last night.

12. Martybhoy53

Congertron was appointed with BR approval. The scouting and recruitment team have fannied about all summer and could not identify a decent defender. That is unacceptable. When asked if Boyata would be sold BR categorically said no as he did not have a replacement lined up. That tells you all you need to know. A shambles. No wonder Sunderland fans were glad to see the back of Congerton. If he wasn't good enough for Sunderland then he's definitely not good enough for Celtic.

Here is a look at how Sunderland fans reacted on Twitter to Congerton's Celtic appointment...

[​IMG]

Chris@durhamchris1983

I see Lee Congerton has been announced as Head of Recruitment at Celtic..... good luck to them with that appalling appointment #safc #celtic

5:46 PM - Mar 15, 2017
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

I sincerely hope Lee Congerton peaked at Sunderland and all his signings for Celtic are just even worse Will Buckleys and Adam Matthewses

— David. (@DavidD_73) March 15, 2017
    [​IMG]

BRI-SAFC@safcking

Much as I'm more a Gers man I wouldn't wish Lee Congerton on anyone so good luck with that Celtic

7:10 PM - Mar 15, 2017 · Houghton-le-Spring, England

[​IMG]

Kimberley[​IMG]@ImGoooooocholic

Lee Congerton joins Celtic; loooooooool[​IMG]

6:15 PM - Mar 15, 2017
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

[​IMG]

Allan Davis@davis0688

Lee Congerton is Celtics problem now [​IMG]

6:02 PM - Mar 15, 2017

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    richardm likes this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    That last bit is bang on..

14. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

but they'll do it again as they have done in the past, its a mentality of tight arseness

the board are so conservative it hurts us

you really do start wondering why they consistently choose to weaken us from a position of strength

15. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    2 * YEARS....let that sink in.........we've needed to sort the back out.......in Israel Kolo dragged us through despite Janko's best efforts and last year we had Bitton in there. Our strikers bailed us out in these ties big time, despite the defence doing their level best to shaft us, and when they failed us at home in the first half against AEK we knew we were in the *.

There's gross negligence looking for a home here, maybe more than one actually!!!

16. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think that to pin the blame on one individual would be harsh I think the failing is institutional and that several persons need the balls roasted over the coals.

PL, did he sanction an amount for transfers to BR and LC ie did he say we have 10m or 20m that’s it use it wisely

BR did he target players and furnish PL and LC with his wish list or even issue a list of positions he wanted strengthening

LC has he and his team actually been out there getting us options as required

If all of this has been happening did BR blow the budget on French Eddie and then went back for more and was told the pots empty sell first if you want more.

The problem is we shroud everything in secrecy which is fine when we are buying no one need specific names of players we are looking at but we do need info that we are doing the work to bring them in or that we have spent the lot and French Eddie is it.

jocksteinupper and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  17. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Thanks for pulling up that info, that’s pretty telling stuff and another reason to be asking serious questions to key decisions being made from the hierarchy, unless miraculously something positive is being lined up and in place before the end of the transfer window then we can only be damning about this guy and the system in place if this is the model we now operate on to recruit players, never mind strengthening a squad for a crack at Champions League qualification.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    * *,we had the chance to * connor sammon from thistle,motherwell beat our offer.He would have bullied the athens defense lastnite.

20. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley

Agree with a lot of this mate.........so many questions need answering here and we've not had any answers!!

Fans are a fickle lot and in the next few weeks it could and very possibly will turn round again. A couple of decent wins including the orcs and Europa qualification and everything will be rosy in the garden for some. Yeah, i'll admit i'll probably feel a bit better.

But i'll tell you something it will be a long * time before i forget this window....a half decent CB and RB are still needed but the horse's already bolted for the CL groups. How to really * a position of dominance by penny-pinching for dummies......Authors The Celtic Board.