1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Criticism of Peter Lawwell.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by lion67, May 27, 2014.

Discuss Criticism of Peter Lawwell. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    I'm no business guru but surely he can 'loan' the club money but then write the debt off, much like Abramovich has done with Chelsea.

2. Dáibhí

I'm sure he'd be the first one to acknowledge that the financial accomplishments of the club are down to the entire board and not just him.

According to who? You? The fans? He doesn't answer to us, he answers to the board of directors.

Again, I'm not so sure he could just take it upon himself to start attending events as a representative of the club?

That would be a board decision, not just Lawwell's, wouldn't it?

Again, Lawwell won't be acting in any way which isn't rubber-stamped by the board and especially our majority shareholder.

It's not as if he's just went "aye, I'll be taking over this kind of * from now on. You just * off back to your office Neil, i'll send the player down when I've decided if he's good enough".

The procedures of the club when it comes to contracts & signings will have been clarified by the board, and will be made clear to any manager before he takes the job or signs a new contract.

Just Lawwell? Or the entire board?

Yeah, like a soft loan of sorts, where the payment being made every year is next to * all.

3. ulsterscot

Do you want Celtic to be run in a special way completely different from any other top football club in Europe . I know of no club that doesn't have the owners or a financial person vetoing the players coming in and leaving the club . Managers nowadays would never be satisfied with their squad unless their was financial restraint placed on them .

4. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    The Board of which he is part of and being the bridge between them and the manager. He should be looking to support the manager at every opportunity when it comes to the decision making process in regards to playing staff.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
  5. wulliebad

I would like to see him go and be replaced...then when * all changes people will maybe wake up.

6. SpellCheck92

Peter Lawwell is an asset to this club.

7. bhaldy

no trust

- i dont trust him an ounce, - he was proved to have lied at the meetings with the green brigade. He also has been too quiet about matters surrounding the huns, having a joke about them when he should be banging the table demanding clarification as to their status as a new club. A coward of a man.

8. Dáibhí

He won't be too critical of Rangers because he knows that a healthy Rangers in the SPFL will mean more season ticket sales, and more interest in our game again (rightly or wrongly).

Rangers in the SPFL is a positive thing for the board.

9. wulliebad

Since when was it his job to demand anything about the zombies.
    That is down to the splsplfplf not celtic.

10. SpellCheck92

I'm sorry but Peter Lawwell is the Chief Executive of Celtic Football Club. Why should he be banging the table demanding ''clarification'' as to the Huns status as a new club ? What on Gods earth has that got to do with Celtic ?

11. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    I just wish he'd start asking questions as to why Celtic fans are being arrested and treated as they are and Rangers fans get away with singing their * week in week out. Why the media and press are so obsessed with tarnishing our name but never see anything wrong with the Huns. That's something that should be of his concern and something that in my opinion should be questioned, just to at least appear like he cares.

12. Dáibhí

Again, I'm fairly sure that any action of that kind will be a board decision, and not down to just him alone.

13. wulliebad

He could do a lot of different things but is to busy playing golf.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

he might have done well for celtic in the past he also had a section of the support banned after the motherwell game without any proof.
    he's a snake in my view.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
  15. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    He gets paid to be the face of the board, so he can take criticism when things are done badly. He's also a part of the spfl set up which makes it even worse that he doesn't question any of these things, he's in a position where he has the ability to and influence things if he wants to.

16. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I agree about the treatment of supporters, it's shocking and the club are going along with it. I always get the feeling we should be seen and not heard from PL and Bankier, the rest of the board I don't know much about.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

17. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

yup, get shot and lets get back to the glory days with the kellys and whites running the club.

in fairness though i can mind giving fergus pelters but with hindsight he was right too and that wee guy interfered in everything

history will be kinder to lawwell when we reflect back.

18. wulliebad

If you asked most people on here they would say the system is polluted with those that do not have any love or like for us but you think PL can influence the system and make headway on his own....?
    Fair enough some dislike or hate him but you have to be realistic what the guy can do and what you expect of him.

19. Lavelle88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I believe that Lawwell has a plan for this club, like all good businessmen do and I can see it being a plan that will see us make more and more money over the years. If selling players is the score at the moment then that's the way it is.

Losing Lennon was a shock to us all but to be honest, could you see Lennon taking us any further than he has done already? I love the guy but maybe it is time for a new manager to take the helm. Someone to introduce a new style of play to the club.

Who knows who we will sign but one thing is for certain - Our club need CL money and that will always be our main prerogative. We will bring in a manager who can guide us there through qualifiers and hopefully keep us in Europe till after xmas.

Maybe Lennon has been shown the door for a better manager to take charge.

All we can do now is wait to see. But if we sign a manager that lacks our fans ambition then I can see their being a backlash against the board and rightly so.

20. Dáibhí

I think I'll be disappointed in Lawwell and the board if they make the managerial choice that a lot seem to think they will.

This choice will show the ambition of the board I feel.