1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Cristiano Ronaldo accused of rape

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Callum McGregor, Sep 29, 2018.

Discuss Cristiano Ronaldo accused of rape in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Like most of these cases it’ll probably end up not being able to prove either way. Unless the signed documents of Ronaldo admitting she said no are legit. The fact the haven’t been ripped to shreds by Ronaldos multi-million pound team of lawyers though is making me lean towards it’s true tbh.

2. Momo Sylla

The thing with Hollywood is that is was an open secret for decades. Many of the people who came out after the news broke about Weinstein spoke about him as if he was * for years.

That says a lot about how groupthink can be devastating for society. Had only one or two known you could see how they would hide it for fear of damaging their career, but the sheer scale of the cover up shows that morals have no value to some people who are only interested in their own prospects.

CookieMonster and Spring Time like this.
  3. leeso-ardoyne

2 cases that i remember. One was a taxi man driving a drunk bird home. The taxi man dropped her home, was arrested the next day. The women said hed raped her or tried to in his taxi. The fella had his house ransacked, he was sacked from work and had to leave the area. It came out in court that his radio was broke though he had an app on his iphone that ecoreded his surrounds. He was innocent. Not even a sexual comment was made in that taxi that night. His life was ruined for awhile because some * of the highest calibre accused him.

Another was here in Ireland where this young bird shiffted this other fella after a night out in her or his house. The other fella wasnt popular and used to be the * of all the jokes. Bullying more like it. This bird cried rape! He was arrested but that wasnt the worst of his worries. The local youths got him one night and beat him to death. 2 years later when this bird was drunk, she told another friend she was lieing and made it all up because she didnt want anyone to know she was with him. One dead, 2 in jail all because some bird made it all up.

A mate of mine was running a kids football team and had to do this course to be aware of thjis stuff and i remember him mentioning of one in belfast where some young girls ma made her make up a story about someone she didint like. Ruined him and even thou it all came out in the end, his life is * and that still follows him around today.

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    @leeso-ardoyne do you think that happens more than genuine sexual assualt?

5. leeso-ardoyne

Thats because they are * to money. They all thought he was a top man who could help them fill their bank account full of numbers for their own fame and fortune. Once it all came out, they all wanted their own attention. Strange how money can corrupts men and women because at the end of the day, thats what it was al about for them.

6. leeso-ardoyne

Im just a thick * from north belfast, i wouldnt know it all. All i can say is what i know or read about.

7. Mr. Slippyfist

Does it really matter which one is more occuring?

What REALLY matters is that both are absolutely abhorrent and * vile and both crimes deserve harsh punishment, either by corrupt courts or the hands of the people...

8. Murph-E

I've never agreed with this tbh. What other crime were you accuse somebody of something they get found not-guilty of leads to an imprisonment as long as the crime itself?

9. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What other crime would you compare it to ?

10. Murph-E

Dunno, assault? If you say somebody violently assaulted you and they get found not-guilty, should you then serve the length of time they would have served in prison?

A lot of potential rapists get found not guilty due to a lack of necessary concrete evidence, not that they're actually innocent. Paddy Jackson springs to mind immediately, seemed guilty as sin, yet when found not guilty you have people declaring his "innocence, she's a liar!" when that's not necessarily true at all.

11. leeso-ardoyne

We still dont know the full truth about that case because alot wasnt aloud to be reported about.

12. Murph-E

Bragging about making girls "play them like flutes on the 12th". Bunch of rich protestant rugby boys who got away with it because they were rich protestant rugby boys imo.

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If one occurs much more frequently, then it's a much bigger problem, so it would matter in that instance.

14. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I wasn't agreeing with his point, just trying to think of a crime where a similar situation could take place. Rape is a hard one. Too hard to prove without physical evidence, such as bruising. Even then, some people are into some proper rough stuff.

Never heard of that case. Will look it up later.

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    When people automatically assume that it’s the tiny minority of cases that’s the norm it makes a massive impact mate

16. leeso-ardoyne

Some will say thats boys being boys. Some men like to brag in a different manner than others.

And for the record, i dont agree with it!

Murph-E likes this.
  17. Mr. Slippyfist

Oh right so if more banks get robbed in one year than weans are raped does that make bank robbery worse than child buggery?

18. Mr. Slippyfist

I hardly think any sane-minded ACTUALLY person thinks that people falsely accusing people of rape occurs more than actual rape.

19. leeso-ardoyne

20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Those two crimes aren't directly comparable.

Regardless of that, when something happens much more frequently, it does mean it's a bigger problem. That has nothing to do with how morally bankrupt the crime is, which I made no mention of.