1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Cristian Gamboa

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by DutchHoops, Aug 30, 2016.

Discuss Cristian Gamboa in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Only saw the first half today. He was good going forward but suspect defensively. Just saw his two assists there.

He’s a better option than Lustig. Neither of them are convincing at the back but Gamboa is lightning quick and a bigger threat going forward.

The way Rodgers has left him out in the cold for the vast majority of his time here is ridiculous.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    neilly1987 and Lilac Wine like this.
  3. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

His recovery pace is what we need, also takes pressure of the 2 other centre backs knowing they wont have to cover as much they would for Lustig.

4. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I agree I think he needs more game time to improve his defensive quality.

I love Lustig but it's fair to concede age is catching up with him. Although about half the team were at fault for the AEK goals, a Celtic level player should never have allowed that cross to come in even when it was so obvious that's what the winger was trying to do.

Gamboa certainly has the pace to keep up with a lot of fast wingers, he just needs time to learn how to stop crosses but he hardly gets games and defending is one of the hardest things to do because one mistake (as Lustig showed) and we're in trouble.

I think we have to gamble and play him more often. A player with such speed who is confident like KT can do so much damage.

jocksteinupper likes this.
  5. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

I hope to * he doesn't get dropped midweek for Mika. He deserves a run in the team.

littlekennie likes this.
  6. TimFloyd Gold Member

Good to have a bit of pace and attacking mentality on the right just like we do on the left now.

It would be a crime against humanity if he got dropped.

Mr Shelby and neilly1987 like this.
  7. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    His slide tackles were too weak. A few times he performed a great tackle but the ball didn’t go out of play and he had to try again

8. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    if today doenst prove this guys should be first choice RB ahead of Lustig then nothing will, he can cross a ball, he can run and he can at least challenege when in defence unlike lustig who lets every attacker cross the ball first time.

he had great game

9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Age is catching up with broony but he uses his experience and wisdom to keep going yes he is a joker but he has a serious side to him.... Lustig is still playing international football and doesn't have a serious bone in his body benched and should stay their as insurance he is done

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

Lilac Wine likes this.
  10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Only have to look at the goals we concede at home to psg and the goals we concede to aek down the right that this point speaks volumes

11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Get him a run in the team ffs and he will improve.

12. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Can't deny that's a good point but personal I think Broony is a much better player than Lustig and most of the team. I would put Broony's name first on any team sheet unless he was injured. Don't like the idea of playing him injured because I was thinking today, that ankle breaking tackle he took, what if the painkillers were so strong he didn't notice how bad an injury that might be once the pills wore off.

Love Lustig but yeah he's lost pace. Can still put a good ball in but it's getting back quickly like KT that's the most important thing for a full back. I disagree he doesn't take the game seriously, I think he's as dedicated as he's always been, but age catches up with everyone eventually, apart from CR7 is appears.

It'll be sad to see him leave just as it is with any Celtic player who's played for us a while and is a pure Tim.

Maybe he could do the defending coach job.

It's ok for us fans to be sentimental about him losing his cutting edge but the board can't be sentimental, they have to look at the cold hard facts that our defence is pish, probably cost us £35m of CL money and could even make Brendan think he's taken us as far as he can ffs I'd never forgive them for that.

13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Ball watching second goal against athens was out of position aswell shouldn't have been in centre should have been right regardless didn't mark the player properly or even challenge then had the cheek to call for offside not using his experience well enough and is rightly out the team

Lilac Wine likes this.
  14. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Superb

15. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    great going forward, but, and it's a huge BUT, he can't defend. Still need a new full back

16. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Is good going forward & has pace, helps when he makes mistakes at the back. No pace is what does Lustig. He did let to many crosses into the box today the same as Lustig.

He should be in before Lustig but seen this on twitter & it is probably correct

Gamboa your the one
    You make forward runs
    But on Thursday Lustig will be back in again

bagforlife, neilly1987 and Murph-E like this.
  17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Rapid with a good touch and delivery .

Defensively weak tho, still need to strengthen and he provides good cover for the new guy..

McManus4, TheHappyLoss and Keano88 like this.
  18. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    I've never thot he was a good defender and think any cross ball he'll lose 9 out of 10 but to fair to the guy he was great going forward and maybe a run of games will change my opinion of him but I'd still prefer a full back who can defend 1st and then support the attack.

19. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    This wee guy has always had that in the locker going forward. I thought he was decent against Rosenborg when he got the chance. It's just the defending side of the game that would concern me against better quality oppostion, possibly in the EL. However, i'd play him in any game domestically including the orcs......yeah we might lose a goal or two but we'll score a barrowload too!!

20. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

I really like him as a person. Decent player as well, crazy how he never got a look in all last season.

neilly1987 likes this.