1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Craig Gordon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Dáibhí, Jul 3, 2014.

Discuss Craig Gordon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    The only way we can ever get the best out of him is by letting him hoof the ball instead of playing out from the back.
    The guy is and never will be any good with the ball at his feet.

That’s down to the manager so you have to give him a wee bit slack for that.

Ball at his feet and he’s a disaster waiting to happen.

2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It's his hoofing as well though goes straight to the opposition

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

3. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    genuinely never seen a keeper so consistently * at distributing the ball out. He very rarely clears the halfway line when he's going "long", takes forever to make the most basic obvious roll outs and constantly almost without fail will pass it out to the defender under the most pressure

Nicole likes this.
  4. wulliebad

Great keeper unless you want him playing passes......

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Totally forgot about that Chelsea interest. :56:

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Maestro 08

For all that BR is a fantastic manager it puzzles me that after 2 years here he still hasn't noticed that Craig Gordon cant pass a football.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  8. Nicole

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He cant even hoof the ball either though.

His distribution is absolutely shocking.

Majority of the time it goes straight back to the opposition and the rest goes in the stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JC Anton likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Tony. likes this.
  10. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Someone pls stop this * from giving interviews

11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

He'll be karate kid again vs Defoe don't let his "were pure best pals now" interview fool you.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic's Craig Gordon says he's ready to draw a line under his simmering row with new Rangers striker Jermain Defoe.

The Scotland keeper broke his arm in three places playing for Sunderland in November 2009 after the then Tottenham star slid into a late challenge. Gordon branded it 'poor' at the time and blanked Defoe's attempts to get in touch.

Conceding time has been a healer, however, the Parkhead No1 claims he'll have no issue with shaking the ex-England international's hand after the next Old Firm game. 'It's a long time now and it should probably remain in the past and we can get on with it,' said Gordon, 36.

'I wasn't happy at the time. I was annoyed. I did think he meant to kick me rather than the ball, which happens in tackles anyway. Sometimes you mean to give the player a little kick, that can happen, and I'm not suggesting he meant to break my arm. He's not that type of player. He never would have meant to do that.

'I just felt it was a bad challenge which didn't need to be made. I'm not going to make a big thing about it. That's done and in the past.

'I've come back, I feel strong. It's not something that will be in my mind.'

Asked if he'd ever discussed with Defoe what happened, Gordon admitted: 'He did try to contact me afterwards but I declined the opportunity to speak to him. I was still too angry at that particular time. But that's long finished now.

He's coming to the end of his career now but, in terms of goalscoring, there haven't been many better around the British game over recent years. He always seems to hit the target.

'I can't see that being any different. He's always been a good finisher and will be someone to watch out for next time.

'But we'll focus more on ourselves, the signings we'll make, and improving how we are.'

13. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    The man is an utter *

Celtic were poor in their last game against Rangers but Gordon had a great game at Ibrox.

He added: “I had a few saves in the game which is always nice as a goalkeeper. It means more if you get something from the game.

“It was a bit of a reversal from Celtic Park when Allan McGregor made a number of saves and we won 1-0.

I was happy with the way I performed and if Broony hadn’t tried to shut his legs I probably would saved that one as well.
    “On the day I felt good and on top of my game. I was as disappointed as anyone going back to the dressing room knowing that we missed the chance to go six points up with a game in hand.

So in a single interview he "forgives" and simultaneously praises defoe, gets his usual * sucking soundbite in about his pal mcgregor, pats himself on the back and blames his captain for conceeding.

I * detest this *.

14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

He's no gonna turn round and call Defoe and over the hill waste of space when asked about him :56: he also played great that game and we'd have tanked 5 or more without him.

But aye, he never takes blame for anything, technically he's no wrong this time.. :fear:

Tony. likes this.
  15. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Sorry mate. Cant agree.

Regarding defoe; just say its the past. Leave it at that. Ability wise, dont know, only concentrate on your own teammates etc etc.

Regarding mcgregor; ffs stop wanking him off all the time

Regarding his performance; as other people have said, those were bog standard saves you would expect ANY celtic keeper ti make. There was * all exceptional about them. If he hadnt saved them we would be hanging him out to dry. Sevco couldnt finish a fish supper ffs.

Regarding broony; anyones fault but his, par fir the course for this *. Technically correct but still throwing his captain under the bus

Hes a *.

16. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye he's a * your right.

17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He should just keep his mouth shut.

Cannae go how dry he is, when you’re * off at being beat or dropping points he always has a wee dry quip to annoy the * life out of you. :31:

18. Mr. Slippyfist

Cannie wait till the day this jobbie is...

Gor-DONE!

19. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    even when he * up against Salzburg he did a post match interview on the pitch and brushed it off as 'one of these things' and took no responsibility for literally throwing away a goal, yet will throw his team mates under the bus whenever there is criticism towards poor performances- Swear he does more talking off the pitch than on it #Free Scott Bain

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

His head’s up his own *.