1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Craig Gordon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Dáibhí, Jul 3, 2014.

Discuss Craig Gordon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Kind of expected this when he said publically he'll be the ball playing keeper. * it, last game as regular number 1 will be Tuesday.

DeVries is here to be number 1.

2. Mr. Slippyfist

Was it just me, or was Gordon looking like he was trying to be a bit more of a "ball playing" goalkeeper today? :56:

The thing about him is that he will never be that. His body language is to rigid, his passing is dreadful, his kicking is awful and he cannot for the life of him ever look confident up against a penalty taker.

Great shot stopper, but nothing else. Which is a shame.

Hope big Dorus gets his crack after the Hapoel game.

3. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Agree that CG will be benched as soon as DDV is up to speed and ready to start. It was evident today that Gordon's poor kicking cost us possession too often or his passes were putting people under pressure. If the new keeper's use of the ball is as good as Brendan has suggested than i think we will dominate possession in games even more and the whole team will be able to play 10 yards further forward in a more aggressive attacking style. Looking forward to seeing Brendan's ideas come to fruition and this is a big part of that imo.

4. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    I don't trust him in goals for us on Tuesday, an early goal and his * will collapse. He genuinely could still cost us this tie.

Please Brendan drop him before it's too late.

5. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    He is not even the best of shot stoppers now. His game is all over the place. Shame he was looking solid not too long ago

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Even his shot stopping isn't great anymore for me overall..

Stiffest of back's going. Runs about and his back never seems to alter when playing it out. Don't know if it has anything to do with his distribution being so *.....or he's just woeful naturally with the ball at his plates. Mainly the latter but probably a bit of both..

7. BruceLeeBhoy

:smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

sORRY BUT IF SUTTY SAYS HE'S PISH THEN HE'S GONE LOL

8. BruceLeeBhoy

If he could get back the form from his first season then there would be no discussion- well apart from the kicking aspects

9. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    He's certainly not done as a player.

Near posts I agree problem, but who's to say he isn't told to stay on his line. Don't see why that maybe not true, as I'm hoping that maybe the case as it seems to be the case with the outfield players as either that or our captain and players are total dicks who didn't play for the Jersey.

10. Keane7

Can't believe how bad he has got. And every time another team get a penalty you know there scoring. He's * dreadful.

11. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I find it laughable that people are blaming a goalkeeper for letting in penalties. The penalty taker is always favourite.

I'm delighted we've got a cracking keeper in Gordon. Good back-up as well. Least of our worries going forward.

12. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Don't feel confident in him at all anymore.

13. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Think he's still a good shot stopper, his save from that header on Wednesday was top class. There's no doubt he's suffered from not having a solid centre back pairing in front of him like he did in his first season.

14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

When you've never saved a penalty in your full career as a goal keeper it starts to feel a bit more than just the players favourite to score. If we ever end up in penalties in the champions league final this year ;) rest assured we'll be wishing for the other team to miss the goals.

15. Zan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    When you get nervous when you're keeper has the ball, you know you have lost confidence in him. It's time for a change but not until after Tuesday. Flinging in someone else just has to much risk. Better the devil you know in this one I feel.

Ps. I'm not an expert on keepers but his attempt to save the St Johnstone penalty was extremely week? If he dived/stretched properly, he would have gotten to it (from memory).

16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I find you deluded. Gordon is not a cracking 'keeper. He's a good shot stopper, usually, but other than that what's so great about him? Awful at cross balls, canny kick a ball and his penalty record is laughable.

Aye 'keepers aren't expected to save every penalty, but how many is it he's had taken against him, best part of 50? And he hasn't saved one? Pretty abysmal.

17. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He saved one in the shootout against sevco.

18. joemc

he may just save one of the most important ones for our team one day ,you never know ,but at least they have not been game changers .

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

My best part of 50 was regarding penalties in normal time.

20. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

He has never saved a penalty in 90 minutes in his entire career. That's woeful.