1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Craig Bellamy on his time at Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Thommo92, Jun 3, 2013.

Discuss Craig Bellamy on his time at Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
  2. SpellCheck92

''We had lost 2-1 and lost the league by a point. I was vaguely aware that the noise of a helicopter buzzing overhead had disappeared. It was carrying the SPL trophy to Easter Road.'' :sicksmile

3. Markybhoy

I had actually forgotten that Chris Sutton scored in THAT game. Mind you, I try to think about that day as little as possible.

4. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

5. murphy88

I'll never forget Scott McDonald running about like his team had just won the League. And then claimed he was a Celtic fan when he joined :rolleyes:. That isn't me saying he shouldn't have done his job that day, but no Celtic fan would ever be celebrating like he was if they knew they had gifted the Huns the League at our expense.

Personally, if it had been me in his shoes, the ball would just be on the way down the now.

6. liammcdowell

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
    Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63
    I'm still sad that he didn't sign permanently

Hammy89, martin_d and LectersLuncheon like this.
  7. SpellCheck92

Scott McDonald claimed to be a Celtic fan ? Does he think were daft ? Is this the Scott McDonald who was linked with Rangers every transfer window before he joined us ? He was a rangers fan you could see it the way he celebrated. Done a job for us though.

Sydneysider likes this.
  8. murphy88

Aye, it was reported he had joined his boyhood heroes when he signed for us. His grandfather was in the Melbourne Celtic Supporters Club, so it might have all stemmed from that perhaps. But there is not a hope in * he was a Celtic fan in my opinion. I will never forget him running away in delight, knowing he had won that mob the League.

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    McDonald is a Celtic fan. There were pictures in the papers when he signed of him aged about 12 outside Celtic Park, wearing the Celtic kit and in photos with Di Canio, Cadete, Thom etc

I have never seen them on the internet but they were in the papers.

10. murphy88

He will never be a Celtic fan in my eyes.

freederry20 likes this.
  11. Markybhoy

I'll never blame Scott McDonald for scoring those two goals that day. He is a professional footballer and was only doing his job. To be honest, if he had deliberately missed chances so that we could win the league then he isn't the kind of player I'd ever have wanted in a Celtic strip at all. What I do very much resent though is the way he celebrated the goals when he scored them. How could any self respecting Celtic fan be so happy about scoring goals that robbed Celtic of the title and handed it to Rangers? I didn't understand it at the time, I don't understand it now and I don't think I'll ever understand it. Compare what Scott McDonald did that day with what Henrik Larsson did when he scored at Parkhead for Barcelona, that's the difference. Larsson's reaction was class, McDonald's was unforgivable.

Hammy89, martin_d, eire4 and 7 others like this.
  12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Doesn't change the fact he is.

13. MartinR

He's forgiven in my eyes the amount of top class goals he scored to get us winning 3IAR. And the beauty against the old co at ibrokes!

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Also his goal against Man Utd and AC Milan and the like.

I hated him before he signed but he did make up for it a * of a lot.

15. mickdlk

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mc Geady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You Never Walk Alone
    Can I ask why?

16. murphy88

Because no real Celtic fan would have celebrated the way he did after the goals at Fir Park. As I said, I don't blame him for doing his job by scoring that day, that's what he is paid to do, but he didn't have to celebrate them.

Ask yourself, if you had just cost Celtic the League and The Huns were then going to lift the trophy, would you celebrate scoring the goals that made that happen.

Regardless if he was a Celtic fan when he was younger or not, the day he ran about delighted at the fact we were not going to be Champions, was the day he stopped being a Celtic fan in my opinion.

17. murphy88

Exactly the way I feel about it.

Swervedancer likes this.
  18. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Was he perhaps celebrating the fact that he had just scored the most important goal in years and his name was about to go right round the world ? He got a massive move, and I don't doubt that game played a huge part in it.

19. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Bellamy was outstanding in his short spell at Celtic. He scored the best hat-trick I've ever witnessed against Dundee Utd at Tannadice, and a great goal at Ibrox which should have sealed the title tbh.

Re. Scott McDonald, he was simply doing his job to the best of his ability, but I agree that he was a total * for celebrating. I don't think any proper Celtic fan would celebrate scoring the goal that lost them the league to the huns. It came close to Neil McCann's celebrations at Celtic Park in the Dallas coin game.

Creativecelt and cidermaster like this.
  20. ORIGINALS

Why wouldnt he celebrate scoring? At the time im sure he was more happy about winning the game for motherwell than he was disappointed about celtic losing the league.