1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Could Celtic swoop for O'Connor?

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by jba, May 31, 2007.

Discuss Could Celtic swoop for O'Connor? in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Kim, what is with your perpetual defence of Hartley (please don't call him 'Zico') as he has been rank rotten since coming to Celtic. Would you be happy with him startng in midfield next season?

2. oasisgurl

Fav Celtic Player:
    the hoaly one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    whit ZICO?:84: lol only jkin. i defend him coz i know he can do much better, and with thr right mid fielder next to him i.e scott brown he will do better. if he starts in mid field nxt season then im willing to give him a second chance, but if not then i wont have any complaints. and im only defending hartley like ive seen ppl defend, tommy g and jarosik etc. next season ill try my best not to defend him if he is crap, but i cant help it, next season ill pick a new player to defend, ill pick one when the season starts:84:

3. Graham1888

slowly walking down the hall,faster than a cannonb
    Fav Celtic Player:
    McGrain.McStay Sutton.Thommo.Lubo.Mjallby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Keltoi's opinion lacks any consistency.He attacks McGeady for reasons that are applicable to many others whom he defends.Whether you agree with him or not is up to you.Has no bearing on what i think
    Keltoi in another post of his you can check this, has said something about being annoyed with McGeady and maybe it's down to the Ireland/scotland thing.That's what he said, not me.So it's completely legitimate for me to draw that conclusion.

Strachan thing is completely irrelevant but if ye want to use it to have a go fill yer boots.But bigotry?where?Martin has clearly stated where his problems lie as Paolo also did. didn't see any other lads having a pop at Strachan but haven't read all the thread.And those 2 lads are Scottish so what ye want me to do is defend Strachan from 2 Scots who don't like him(or have problems with him for whatever reason),and in your opinion the reason they don't like him is beacause of his Scottish passport??
    That's all a bit Monthy Python for me .

And just because something outrages you does not mean it should have the same effect on me.I'll choose what angers me and btw Keltoi's post certainly did not anger me,as ever with he and I we tend to disagree but that's it.It's not personal.Guy is one the best posters on this site and i throughly enjoy reading what he posts even, no especially the ones i disagree with.

4. The Doctor

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley, Four Leaf Clover

The only lack of consistency here is from you. You have your tuppence worth in the GM forum about arguing the case for/against Strachan. Yet if someone criticises McGeady it's a passport thing.

And btw you know fine well that plenty of Scottish Celtic fans think themselves more Irish than Scottish despite what their passport says.

5. Graham1888

slowly walking down the hall,faster than a cannonb
    Fav Celtic Player:
    McGrain.McStay Sutton.Thommo.Lubo.Mjallby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields

No what i had my say about was people making it personal.People who resort to insulting members because of their opinion instead of arguing the point.I won't repeat what was said in there anyways.As said already Keltoi has said himself that the International choice had/has a bearing on his opinion of McGeady.

The 2nd point is only relevant when talking about the lads in question if ye can categorically state that you know Martins/Paolo's preference is for an Irish/Celtic minded manager than that would be fine.But if you are making your own suppositions about their reasons than that is clearly wrong they have a different opinion it does not make them a bigot because it is different from yours.They have both stated fairly eloquently their reasons and unless i have missed a post/posts than their reasons were certainly not the above.

And whereabouts lies my inconsistant ways?It's a busy day but i would be more than happy to educate myself along the way

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2007
  6. The Doctor

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley, Four Leaf Clover
    'fairly eloquently'? We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. For me their reasons remain shrouded in mystery.

I'll let Keltoi speak for himself. I doubt his opinion on McGeady is down to his choice of international team, I know mine's isn't.

Anyway forget about it, I'm just a grumpy auld * this morning. Blame Kenny McCaskill......and he is definitely Scottish.

7. oasisgurl

Fav Celtic Player:
    the hoaly one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    :boxing::boxing:this is like a verbal boxing match, its great:84:

8. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    Right here goes. I was offered a 500 pound bet yesterday from a guy in work who is good friends with oconner .He said he will definetley sign for Us. this guy has been * hot with his info told me days before anything about deeks caldwell or brown were even in the paper. He also told me whitaker is going to castle doom on a 5 year contract you heard it here first.

9. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

would like to know the reasons for that.

10. T.D.

Fav Celtic Player:
    JOHN REID OUT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LET THE PEOPLE SING!!!
    Why must people judge him based on what international side he chose. ffs

11. jonny_cfc_n01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka and King Arthur
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers song
    Well if your a Celtic fan Nationality doesnt have anything to do with team selection. The sour grapes sown to MGeady because McGeady chose to play for the Country all his family were born and grew up is really embarrassing

12. jba

Fav Celtic Player:
    all
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail

celticmad117 [​IMG] vbmenu_register("postmenu_309457", true);
    Celtic Bench Warmer
    vCash: 515
    Fav Celtic Player: Henke
    [​IMG]

Agree with overkill u got a nice ava JBA
    as for oconner atm i wouldnt want him but if we get rid of misser magic maybe i would change my mind but

cheers guys its a gift

13. gunt

I'll give him till he is 22 which is the age Shaun still was when he came of age at the start of last season. To be honest, thats the normal make or break age anyway for youngsters at CP. No, its got nothing to do with the internationsal thing, its just that Aidan actually in not very good at anythng other than dribbling. I will give him one more season. IMo, he has hardly progressed in the last 3 seasons apart from doing a bit more backtracking.

14. celticmad117

Fav Celtic Player:
    The holy goalie, arthur boruc
    McGeady was great at the start of the season then he got injured and hasnt been able to come back atm

15. gunt

Give me a break. It nothing to do with the international thing. I really talk up Sheridan and I have said I would be happy to see Elvis go now. Hartleys different cause I have seen him play exceptional in the last year so I have hope for him. I just would challenge anyone to name one thing Aidan is good at apart from a bit of dribbling. He is not a good shot, crosser, passer, scorer, vision, decision maker etc. I hope I am wrong but he just feels more like another brian mcclaughlin with each passing season. I will judge him finally at the end of next season.

16. jonny_cfc_n01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka and King Arthur
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers song
    Name games and dates. Hartley has been utter * since Mr.Burnley was ditched

17. gunt

He played some good ones for Hearts including against us this season. I agree he has been rubbish for us and was not as good for Hearts either but I have seen what he can do and he is only 30 which is fine for a central midfielder. To be honest I have not really defended him much.

Am very disappointed that I am not allowed to have an opinion on mcgeady without it being linked to the fact I wanted him to play for Scotland. Thats done and dusted now and I am a lot less disappointed on that score now than I was when I thought he was the new ronaldinho!. I just think he is an excellent dribbler but with not much else in his locker as yet. If the other parts of his game can be made to match then he would be a superstar but thats a giant if. Well see at the end of the season.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2007
  18. BringItHome!CE

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    he cant make starting 11 for his current team so why would we want him, not as back up as we have killen and mcdonald to rotate.

19. Mr Nice

Fav Celtic Song:
    Always look on the brightside of life
    Why are Scotland never winning or even reaching big tournaments? If we sign the Scotland squad we'll be *. Look elsewhere for strikers FS

20. squire_2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scotty Broon & Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I mentioned about O'Conner months ago, and no one seemed to take much notice. At the time i wasn't sure myself but now i'd say a definate no. We've brought in two 'decent' standard strikers now, you could say as back up, but if we are to get a third in we'd still need to splash out on a 'blue chip' one. Which would leave us with 5 strikers. Ok the squad would benefit, but i just think if we were to bring in O'Conner i'd very much doubt we'd be bringing in the likes of Bellemy, Keane or someone of similar standard/price that we've all been expecting.

P.S. McGeady will be a Celtic legend one day, so get it round yeez

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.