Coping with Depression, Stress, Anxiety and other Mental Health Illnesses

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Drakhan, Apr 8, 2016.

Discuss Coping with Depression, Stress, Anxiety and other Mental Health Illnesses in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. leeso-ardoyne

No need to thank me, im just glad someone can see the post for what it is. right to the point as situations like this need. Ill agree that my wording could be better, but im a daft * would left school at 15(and the schooling wasnt all that great) during the troubles in the north and wouldnt have all them fancy words in my vocabulary. Thats my excuse anyway haha.

You aint no idiot, it happens to the best of us. At least your doing something about it because some would stay just for staying even if it makes them miserable. It wont be easy leaving because you have an emotional attachment to her, it will be tough but your doing the correct thing. Best to sort yourself out then find someone who youll be happy with. I will bet my balls on it that when the * hits the fan, you are going to see one nasty * in her. Ive seen it to much when break-ups happen. The other halves can turn into right devious * which makes you think, what in the name of good * did they see in the other half in the first place. Your name will be dragged through the mud, lies will be told about you and so on. Best to rise above it and just take it on the chin. What will annoy her more is if you ignore it. Pack your bags and GTF out of there and let the legal * take care of itself.

With the right mindset, it always works out in the end. Good luck!!

ChrisMoh likes this.
  2. Murph-E Gold Member Gold Member

Agree entirely with this tbh. Reading the post and subsequent results (PTSD) of course makes me feel sympathetic, but you really have to allow yourself to be treated like this for it to happen.

But leeso, for Christ sake, stop saying "I'm just a simple man from north Belfast".

3. leeso-ardoyne

Ok Murph, It takes a smart man to act the fool as aul willie used to say.

4. Sean Daleer Celtic Glasgow Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Get rid of her mate. It might seem daunting at first but you have no idea how much your mental state will improve without her toxic influence.

Rendog, packybhoy and leeso-ardoyne like this.
  5. celtic warrior

When you're work place pulls you into an informal formal meeting to beat around the biggest Bush that is known to man to ask what more can they do to help with the time off I've had to take for my 8 month baby and post natal depressed partner and then expect me to not promise but promise I'll put my work over my family when they've refused to allow me time off when I needed it most to help my partner in the first place.

First off, * off, me and my partner do not have the luxury of having any immediate family around us to help out so when baby and her fall ill together that she can't cope, I've no choice but stay home.

Secondly, * even further off trying to pay nice when all you've done is * me out of my full bonus, question all my work and ignore the savings I made the company and deny my leave * snakey * holes.

I actually can't deal with London and its likes now, rather deal with elderly moaners working * part time in tescos.

ChrisMoh likes this.
  6. smokie899 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    Keep doing what you need to do, but legitimately. Ie doctors lines and communicating with them. If they are still acting dicks and * you about then tribunal it is and take a few quid of them to see you over the rough patch and give you time to look for a new job.
    Misses had postnatal last year after our daughter was born. It wasn’t very nice. One minute your the best in the world, next minute your a *. Spent about six months treading on egg shells.

ChrisMoh and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  7. celtic warrior

Aye, generally mental health is hard to manage and look after when lumped in with the daily slog of life nowadays.

Worse still when it's someone you love and feel utterly helpless and in this day and age, when most terms and conditions have stupid, so grey it's white and invisible "reasonable allowances" for dependency leave but then lambaste you and make veiled threats at the security of your job is bullshit cake and eat it fuckery that only serves to protect business and leave workers unable to live a life.

8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Hope you get sorted mate, do they have a human resource department? I know they are usually geared towards the company anyway, but do everything through the official channels as smokie said.

9. MacEwan23 My Balls Was Hot Gold Member

“* snakey * holes” made me laugh more than it should so cheers for that mate :giggle1:

I’d love to sit and say * them, walk away and get it right up them. Nobody should be in a job they hate or work for a company that treats them like *, I’m a strong believer in that.

But I’m in one myself because I can’t afford to leave it. I’m sure that’s the case for you too. It’s hard, family comes first though. Once that sorts itself everything else will fall into place.

10. celtic warrior

Probably true for most workers in fairness. It's shocking that socially we claim things are progressing but the employment law, in my view appears to be lagging behind still.

seanm likes this.
  11. celtic warrior

I will be and it will, everything said was from HR btw :rofl:

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    * me! I thought it was management you had a sit down with the way things were put, I hope your partner gets the support she needs and you can make these * see sense but doesn’t sound like it tbh.

seanm likes this.
  13. clonbhoy

I can't say it has been an easy few months, although giving up the booze six weeks ago has helped. This time of the year always brings out the worst in me, I am sure I am not alone in that.I always find it helpful when other people admit their disgust at Christmas, so,I feel obliged to the same!

14. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    For everyone that needs help from the following organisations here are some contact details.
    [​IMG]

Hope you all have a merry christmas and a brilliant new year especially after we * the huns.

buchanbhoy, ChrisMoh and seanm like this.
  15. seanm

Thanks for the list.very helful to everyone who has at least 1 family or friends who need help .merry xmas

packybhoy likes this.
  16. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    looking into natural remedies recently.anybody any experiance with ashwanganda or mucuna pruriens?

17. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Been trying the hof method recently thx to lesso,been strugglin recently and its helpd massively.Wim hoff has a youtube chanel where he explains it.I highly recomend it.

leeso-ardoyne and Mince.Charming like this.
  18. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  19. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Not sure if this will help but listening to it gives me peace

plus love the artwork and pictures.

20. leeso-ardoyne

Amazing benefits from it. What a man Wim is, amazing human being!! I havent did it in a while because back to being so busy again im finding it hard to fit it in. I know i should make time but easier said than done :( HAve you tried the cold showers after the breathing exercises? It takes a strong mindset to stick at them i tell ya. First time i did it i was like * am i doing here. 20 secs i think i lasted and it was torture haha. Got up to 5mins 30 secs my max and thik i cold have gone more but got bored of it. My max holding my breath was something like 4 or 5mins. Didnt even think that was possible untill i did it. HE has people doing something like 80 push ups while holding their breath who couldnt even do 20 before they started the breathing exercises. This is something we all need to incorporate into our lives for the health benefits and for depression. Like i mentioned before, it does take a very strong mindset to continue doing this or even starting it. Depression weakens the mind soul and body but once you start of small steps with this, you will notice massive improvements in strengthening all of those! One of the first times i did it properly for any length of time before a run, i was feeling really * before it. After, i was was walking about with a spring in my step. Fs it felt like i had a line of the devils dust it felt that good haha.

Anyone whos interested in knowing about wim hof, youll find documentaries on him on youtube. Good interview from Joe rogan with him.