Coping with Depression, Stress, Anxiety and other Mental Health Illnesses

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Drakhan, Apr 8, 2016.

Discuss Coping with Depression, Stress, Anxiety and other Mental Health Illnesses in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. autumn time Gold Member Gold Member

Not sure if you’re trying & failing to be funny or troll.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  2. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

* away off ya daft * :56:

You must have been in the Monday club last night having a few beers , nothing wrong with that when you don't have work on the Tuesday.

PARKHEAD67 and Seán Mac D like this.
  3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Jealousy will get you nowhere mate. One day you might have a 50' telly like yer man too, until then 32' will have to suffice :86:

PARKHEAD67 likes this.
  4. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    just steaming drunk and being sarcastic.

PARKHEAD67 likes this.
  5. smokie899 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    Yeah that’s the one.

6. ThisIsGhod

Just because people tell you doesn't mean you are lol, have you been to a therapist?

7. smokie899 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    Aye, psychotherapist. First it was PTSD then huntingston which was easily ruled out due to leaving a genetic marker then BPD. When I questioned that it was sort left on the back burner or should I say medical file lol. There is a criteria to fill to make a diagnosis and I didn’t fell all so I questioned it.
    Yes I filled most of them and have a long family history of mental health problems, but two and one in particular just put me off. Like most of my problems, the minute it’s mentioned I’m on to it finding out as much as I can to refute it or try and fix it.
    That’s one of the reasons why I volunteered in the mental health charity, not just to help and keep myself occupied, but to learn about these conditions.
    In the day centre I volunteered in was a mix of learning disabilities and mental health problems, but three of the guys had BPD amongst other problems. It was with these guys that work was hard, it’s a * of an illness.

ChrisMoh likes this.
  8. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  9. smokie899 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    Agreed. Also sometimes the greatest gift you can give yourself is to exclude some people.

Drakhan likes this.
  10. Fabenzofi

Fav Celtic Player:
    juarez
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    I’ve been dealing with depression and anxiety since 2012, some how after a motorcycle accident all this * started for some reason, I worry about the stupidiest things you can imagine, the funny thing is after a while of fearing of what Think at the moment is a problem, I realize I spent days weeks or even months worrying about something that had no importance. I don’t know why typed this hehe just felt like saying it !!!!

11. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Welcome to this thread.
    If it makes you feel better then type away.
    A lot of people on here have found it surprisingly cathartic posting on here knowing that strangers will be seeing this.
    Hope you feel a little better for doing so.
    Everyone on here has something to say but have previously found it difficult.
    You might find that you aren't alone in this.
    Good luck and Hail Hail.

12. Fabenzofi

Fav Celtic Player:
    juarez
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    Thank you mate!

Slaw likes this.
  13. leeso-ardoyne

Every single one in this thread has had some sort of depression at some point in their life but what level of it is actually depression and how much of it is self pity. Im sick of seeing people all over the internet waving the "im depressed flag".Its got to the stage now that the young ones have a bad day, their all waving the im depressed flag. That aint depression, one just feels * because when one summaries their lives, its addiction to the internet/social media. Not getting the correct proteins,fats,minerals and vitamins into us from all organic sources and the right amounts, and not moving much as in no active activity. Also theres a serious amount of jealousy/envy that goes on in ones mind that they will not admit too when scrolling through so called friends social media. Throw in drink, drugs and a working life, * me one should feel like *. Im even depressed writing about it now on here ffs. What one needs to do is learn about ones own body, get away from all the stresses in life. work less, spend less time on the internet and eat well and you will find yourself in a better place. One is defo never going to find it in a pill. Yes you will hear stories about people saying i took this and that and its helped them. They believed it helped them, that was just the crutch they needed. And for the record, most people i know whos taken meds for depression have all said they ended up worse.

This post ive wrote isnt aimed at you, i just thought id put it in here before i mention some helpful information.

Google a guy called Wim Hoff. The iceman. What a * man this fella is. He has a method of breathing that will help anyone whos feeling *(depressed) He uses it to help treat some illnesses. The mad * can even walk up mount everest in a pair of fuckinhg shorts with his breathing technic. Swims under the ice and has broken something like 26 world records with his mindset. An amazing human being. He teaches one how to tap into ones own healing system, the immune system and the autonomic nervous system. You try his breathing technique along with cold showers to the tee and i guarantee you you wont feel depressed. Itll be the best advice youll ever get instead of others wholl give you advice to go see them doctors that hand out poison to correct deficiencies in your body that you have created. Anyway, good luck. HAIL HAIL

The IRA and Lewis Kerr like this.
  14. Fabenzofi

Fav Celtic Player:
    juarez
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    This was good to read mate I appreciate it.

15. Devlin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Every * is depressed until pay day!! it's monday life is *!! is this as good as it gets!! * this * life.

16. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    Today went to the doctor as I've not been right. Just couldn't relax and head was just over thinking and also not slept properly in * knows how long. Don't feel Ill just always feel like I'm full of adrenaline that won't leave my body. I won't take medication as I don't think it's the answer but got blood taken to check my thyroid and I've been giv3n a number to speak to someone as I apparently have anxiety. I'm not going to harm myself or anything like that it's just strange not feeling myself and don't know why and have no worries that are making me feel this way. The body and mind is such a strange thing.

17. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest, Charlie Mulgrew, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, LTPS, JCGE
    Try going out for a light jog mate. Works wonders.

18. dalbeth3 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    When you have buried your two young sisters and needing to talk to the youngest one who could understand me more.

Her quote to me was i would not get out of bed for less than £/// a week.

I have never got over both their deaths, sisters are easier to talk to than daughters which i have 2 off

19. jj81

No stories here , just an ear for any *, throw a pm

20. leeso-ardoyne

Excellent bit of advice for you @muaythai postie ! One will be amazed at how the mood changes after a run. I take my young lad for a run up the mountains here in Mayo every weekend or two. Want to do it every day but just cant fit it in, however when i do get to take him, the change in mindset after a 10k run(thou not all in one go because the young lad cant mange this yet) in both us is excellent. Trying to get them first few steps for the first time is the hardest but once you do, youll want to do it more. Took me a few months of thinking about it before i actually did.

Can i ask why the name @muaythai postie