1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Confess your unpopular Celtic-related opinions

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The IRA, Jun 26, 2018.

Discuss Confess your unpopular Celtic-related opinions in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Leigh Griffiths is the best goalscorer we have and I can't wait for him to come back.

clonbhoy likes this.
  2. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Don't think that's unpopular mate :50:

3. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I'd like to see an away top that was Green and White ... vertical strips. :fear:

Can't see that being unpopular it's something I would have thought we are all desperate to see.

4. ddub11

Love Eurovison song contest!!!

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I hope our new manager makes Broonie a squad player and not a first pick.

freederry20, rickyroma25 and ChrisMoh like this.
  6. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Why did celtic appoint barnes as manager instead of dalglish.Dalgliesh was a good manager.John barnes should have been his assistant.

7. HailHoopy

I love everything about Celtic.

Doesn't get anymore unpopular than that :34:

blackfish likes this.
  8. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Our best stuff was when rogic,christie,mgregor were in the middle.Like lustig i think brown is overused.

9. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

Jock Browns book changed my opinion of him, some of the obstacles in his way from day 1 were mental.

I highly recommend it if you can find it at a decent price.

10. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I can't stand these holier-than-thou fans that constantly try to get one over fans singing republican songs or calling huns orange *.

Too many * seem to struggle differentiating between a hun an orangeman and a protestant.

11. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I think we should force the SFA/SPFLs hand regarding VAR and offer to fully, or at least majorly, fund a trial for the top league for 2 seasons. Their excuse for not doing it is money, but we know the real reason they won't. We make it public we'll foot the bill and they have no excuse left not to. We are clearly the ones that are going to benefit most from it and it will offer us protection from the (extra) cheating in the run up to 10 that is no doubt coming.

I think it would be worth more in the long run to us than a £2m player.

12. clonbhoy

Would you be saying the same if it was a physical injury? There is so much ignorance and stigma still around mental health that it has been incredibly brave and inspiring for Leigh to admit it.
    I also imagine that he is fully aware of how privileged he is, that sort of nonsensical rhetoric is dangerous.

Anyway, it is quite clear, apart from tabloid journalists and assorted ignorant *, that he is on his way back. We have rushed players back before, let’s get him right.

HailHoopy and Ciaran_67 like this.
  13. TheHappyLoss

Wouldn't wipe my * with it

packybhoy likes this.
  14. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Wouldn't advise it. Especially if it's a hardback. You'll never get a clean wipe.

15. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    McGregor and Brown shouldn't play together as the midfield two. We were at our best when McGregor was in the number six role with Christie next to him. As good as Calmac and Brown are, our midfield lacks drive with them there, and Rogic looks isolated

The IRA likes this.
  16. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    True, but it’s still wrong

17. HailHoopy

I remember someone said to me when Gary Speed committed suicide "what the * did he have to be depressed about? He was loaded with money!". I asked him if he would say to a millionaire living with Cancer "what the * do you have Cancer for? Your loaded with money!".

18. Ghotti Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    I guess it depends, if the physical injury was a broken ankle then he wouldn’t be able to move properly. If the injury was a broken finger after a while you could probably just wrap it and get on with it.

I’m not trying to be insensitive and obviously he needs to heal but you have to call it at a certain point. For me that point is the beginning of the season. I’m not saying rush him back if he’s not ready, I’m saying if he’s still not ready he should continue his treatment (or however he’s going about it) elsewhere

19. clonbhoy

You may not be trying to be insensitive, but you are being insensitive as well as ignorant. Putting a time-frame on anything causes stress, that isn't going to help anybody with mental health problems, is it? I have mental health problems, I have been put in time-frames and it pushed me beyond breaking point. Patience is vital with all health problems. You can have a physical injury that keeps breaking down or never heals and you can rush those players back. Would you be saying the same if, for example, KT was still struggling at the start of next season? I would be surprised, even if you may say otherwise now to try and validate your argument.

Sure, there are times when recovery can be completely ruled out, but the people involved in his treatment seem to be confident that he will return. I really don't see what the issue is, other than the shared frustration because we could really do with him and people reading into the ramblings of tabloid hacks.

Ciaran_67 likes this.
  20. clonbhoy

Spot on. I have no idea what Leigh is going through, only he really knows, but pushing him can have severe consequences that put football in perspective.

HailHoopy likes this.