1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Confess your unpopular Celtic-related opinions

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The IRA, Jun 26, 2018.

Discuss Confess your unpopular Celtic-related opinions in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

The way you talk about the club for a start.

And yer little digs at fans.

Noticed it a good few times now.

Gyp Rosetti and JC Anton like this.
  2. M 67

Why do you care though?

For us not to dominate, would mean we would need to lose trophies - why do you want that? So Motherwell can get a better sponsor than the local windae cleaner?

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Sween's a Tim..

4. Sween

I can't remember ever meeting a Celtic fan that I disliked and as a collective I like our fan base as much as any other clubs I can think of.

If I hold a negative thought about the club it is just that. It isn't personal. Doesn't mean I hate celtic or that I'm a hun or I'm a tory (!?). Just because I support celtic doesn't mean I have to display a fawning love for every single thing celtic related at every opportunity. I believe it is possible to have a fairly balanced opinion on things despite having a bias to a favourite team.

I don't care. And I don't want celtic to lose. The initial debate was one person suggesting celtic should stay in Scotland and help strengthen the league, and that leaving would kill smaller teams in Scotland. I argued celtic should leave if the option presented itself and I don't think Celtic leaving would kill smaller teams.

That is it really. But there has been about 10 strawmen introduced since.

5. M 67

I see! Aye there’s no doubt we’ve outgrown this league.

And independent Scotland presents an excellent opportunity for us to rebrand the SPL :57:

And the purge will ensure no sevco!

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

celtic

McChiellini.. likes this.
  7. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Celtic

8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Welcome to Celtic chat I hope you stick around. :50: And was nae legs Murray’s monopoly on the game a bad thing when he was spending the banks money hand over fist, the same banks we then had to * bail out.

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

See, our fanbase is all that matters to me.. I would never phrase what you said that way. Other clubs and their fans mean nothing to me..

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I hope he doesn't..

Even when he's trying, he puts it in ways that are alien to probably most of us..

JC Anton and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  11. Sween

Yes that was a bad thing. Any more random strawman arguments to be had?

Fair enough.

They don't mean much to me either outwith a general interest. People are people regardless of their favourite football team and I generally like people. I was responding to the idea that I don't like celtic fans, which is just a weird accusation. Of course I like them and as a collective I can't think of a better bunch of fans. I am probably just not as partisan as you are when it comes to football fandom.

12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Maybe you could try spelling Celtic with a capital letter, that strawman enough for you.

13. Sween

Ha ha. Deary me.

I'm typing on my mobile and it doesn't autocorrect CELTIC in capital letters.

Here is a flag to show my love of Ireland :ireland: and a four leaf clover that proves my love of celtic :shamrock:

And here are some celtic fans having a wee dance to prove how much I do care for our fans. :party22:

Anyway. I feel like when we have reached a failure to use capital letters as proof of someone not being a real fan it is probably time to move on.

Bayern Bru and Cupid Stunt like this.
  14. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Stick to the political section ya banger.

Senna s1979 and PaulM1888 like this.
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    You wouldn't be in the dancing seeing those colours and the rebs blasting..

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  16. wd2oo3 Gold Member Gold Member

Belter of a thread been reading through it since the thread started but couldn’t think of anything until last night .

This old song

Aiden Mc Grady

LYRICS
    He plays on the left, He plays on the right, Aiden McGeady, Makes the huns look *..

Looks * part always annoyed me . The huns are *. Saying looks * implemented that they were good.

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Celtic’s domination is good for Scottish football just now, mostly because we are the only club that can be trusted to do anything in Europe. This raises the countries co-efficient level - both club fot all and in International football. Giving us more access to European football and a higher chance of making it to International tournaments which raises the profile of the game.

Our success in Europe also funds the other clubs in the league, a league were precious funding is scarce. This can make up a large part of some smaller clubs budgets and actually be the difference between surviving and going down the drain for some clubs.

And you can see the difference in the league with what that brings, as well as a lot of the clubs now following our model and being self sufficient. Right now in the SPFL we have managers that have managed in the Last 16 of the Champions League, a former highest paid coach in the world who is very highly regarded, a former international manager... Stuff like that wouldn’t happen in years gone by.

We’ve had several smaller clubs updating and wxpanding there stadiums, we’ve had the resurgance of Aberdeen, we’ve had a load of smaller clubs competing (and winning at times) in the cup competitions.

You may think Celtic’s monopoly on Scottish football is a bad thing. I’d point to the evidence we have so far and would say it has been far from it - this is the strongest league we’ve had in a long time.

Lancashire Nick likes this.
  18. TheHappyLoss

Don't know if it is unpopular or not but I'd love Roy Keane to manage Celtic one day. He'd call out every corrupt * in Scottish football, every cheat, every bit of media bias. Yes it would be carnage but think he'd expose everything publicly wouldn't lie down and accept some of the crap we get up here. Maybe just for a season to give Brendan a rest in four or five years and then bring him back.

19. celtic warrior

Stan Varga was a sexy *.

20. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

That's a 3 leaf clover, ya Hun.