1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ched Evans - Guilty Of Rape Or Not?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Kiko 7, Oct 13, 2014.

Discuss Ched Evans - Guilty Of Rape Or Not? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

Obviously each case is based on individual circumstances, but you must be able to understand why a person's past behaviours should be looked at?

Surely you of all people will know about PF's background reports :92:

2. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Excellent post man. My thoughts exactly.

3. Onefootwonder

This was exceptional circumstances though.

The claims all along were the * was consensual and she was actively partaking. They explained what she done, said and behaved. Then obviously she had complete memory loss.

Surely it's fully relevant if the girl has a history of going out, getting smashed, appearing to be ok, *, but then forgetting the morning after? This is exactly what happened here again.

Some people on the night didn't think she was too far gone to give consent. So we've got a repeated scenario where the girl puts herself into a state through drink and drugs that then puts guys into a very dangerous situation when she instigates *.

Nobody should ever be raped, but the girl isn't half putting herself at risk. I guess the other guys never faced rape charges as they were there in the morning and there was no panic for lost items.

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Is it not also relevant that she enjoys herself on a night out but has never cried rape before?

If she has a history of getting smashed and sleeping around then what was different that morning to make her cry rape?

5. Norm Peterson

Probably because it was a (semi) famous footballer.

trip2themoon likes this.
  6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That is misogyny though, not admissible in a court of law.

7. Onefootwonder

They did a runner and left her feeling humiliated?

Maybe she had a ploy to make a lot of money out of it as she had bagged a footballer?

trip2themoon likes this.
  8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

And that is where we move into murky waters.

Daft cow bagged a footballer, doesn't matter that he slipped in uninvited by her and left by a back door... she is a loose woman so clearly he is innocent...

The Regime likes this.
  9. Onefootwonder

Getting a key from reception and entering the room was dodgy as *.

When I was young I can remember quite a few times when mates have found it funny to disturb others having *.

Going out the fire exit didn't really serve any purpose. He'd already identified himself to the receptionist anyway. He did identify that the backdoor was the exit with the quickest route home.

10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Can we agree that at the moment, no one comes out of this sordid affair with any dignity?

The true victim should the partners of Evans or the girl.

11. Onefootwonder

Agreed on that.

Evans' girlfriend demonstrates just how badly some girls want to be WAG. Even if it was consensual * would you really stick by a guy who did that? He's utterly humiliated her.

Then her dad has paid his legal bill.

I'd murder him if he did that to my daughter, not support him.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  12. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Jessica Ennis should hang her head in shame. She was one who shouted very loudly about Evans not kicking a ball again. Silly girl should have kept it shut. She should know better being in the public eye and a career in sports.

13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I left my wallet with over £100 in it on the kebab shop counter 100% sober so what's leaving the bag got to do with being too drunk?

My sober other half has also drove home with her bag on the roof. These things happen and don't require drink.

I agree with the amount has nothing to do with it. I can get smashed off hardly anything if iv not ate all day.

trip2themoon likes this.
  14. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Nope.

* slapper wakes up and cries wolf, then takes it so far down the line that she has no choice but to stick with her story for fear of the repercussions.

So many similar cases.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

No. Absolutely not. A not guilty verdict in most cases is insufficient to safely infer that the jury have concluded that a complainant lied (as opposed to the jury not being sure one way or the other), but in this case the facts suggest the opposite. As the Court of Appeal made clear in its judgment allowing the appeal, X has never asserted that she was raped. She has always simply maintained that she had no memory of what happened. It was the prosecution case – the case theory of the Crown Prosecution Service – that she was raped. The defence case was based not on the “usual” he said/ she said dispute over consent, but rather he said/ she can’t remember. There is absolutely no safe basis for suggesting she has lied, or, to quell the more hysterical calls, that she should be prosecuted on the basis of Evans’ acquittal.

16. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    No calls from me to have her prosecuted .. I think she opened a can without quite being ready for what was inside.

As others have said, the whole thing seemed a bit sordid and creepy .. whether it was rape or not.

17. CymruBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    It's a sad case for all involved but to exonerate her of her responsibilities (especially to her self) because she had consumed so much alcohol would be tantamount to giving carte blanch to any drunken criminal, ned or anti-social behaviour. "I'm not responsible because I was drunk, M 'lord"
    The responsibility is surely on her, as it is us all, to ensure we don't let ourselves get into a condition that we aren't capable of being responsible for our own actions. Hope that makes some kind of sense!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  18. celtic warrior

She never asserted that she was raped, but took the man to court for rape.

Neither side is innocent here but in the end it's her lack of memory the allowed it to escalate the way it did.

Whether you explicitly say you were raped or not, to try and say I can't remember and then allow your team to follow up a rape conviction means in some form she thought she was raped.

19. Mulgrew

Fav Celtic Player:
    Have a guess
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team
    Did she ever declare she was raped?

I thought the charges were brought forward by the CPS?

20. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Find it odd how his girlfriend is still with him. Rapist or not he still cheated on her.

Thought she might have stuck around for the money and shoes but she's the daughter of a millionaire. Weird.