1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ched Evans - Guilty Of Rape Or Not?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Kiko 7, Oct 13, 2014.

Discuss Ched Evans - Guilty Of Rape Or Not? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bunk Moreland

He's been found not guilty, that's it for me

2. This Charming Man

So what now for the person who alleged he raped her?

3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

4. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Rape cases like this are absolutely * man. Ones word against another's, most of the time.

Loads of beasts out there and a fair share of mental case birds out for attention or money. You just don't know who to believe at times, horrible thing for a woman to go through but it's just as bad a thing for an innocent man to go through.

Both have a huge impact on the 'victims' life, brutal.

5. Onefootwonder

I'm surprised to see a barrister writing that. That's an interesting slant on the law.

The law is you are innocent until proven guilty. Evans should have been presumed innocent, which he never really was by a lot of people. When the trial has listened to all the evidence and deemed not guilty by a unanimous verdict, you can't then twist that to say just because he got the verdict, it doesn't mean he wasn't guilty.

It sounds as if the secret barristers wants to believe he was guilty. The secret barrister appears to struggling with the basis our laws are set.

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

The whole thing is a complete *. At the very least he is a cheating, deviant scumbag.

The lassie never actually cried rape, Evans incriminated himself by claiming he never spoke to the lassie from the minute he entered the hotel room to the minute he left, meaning consent could never have been given.

The appeal was won by his Father in Law putting up a lot of money to entice witnesses come forward and trash the girls previous sexual promiscuity, as if someones * life should have any bearing on whether they were raped or not.

A victory for money talks.

7. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    See, this is the bit I don't understand. Who ever asks for consent before getting baw deep ?

If she had put up a struggle or even said no then it's pretty clear cut.

Nobody except the people in that room know what went on. She might have been into it, she might have been that drunk she never even knew who it was on top of her. All a bit murky.

Sadly, with the drinking culture some people choose to partake in, there will always be cases like this. People really need to learn to take more care of themselves and not allow situations like these to arise.

8. The Regime

Fav Celtic Player:
    Eyal Berkovic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields
    Taking all evidence into consideration, I still believe he is a rapist. In fact, due to the actions of Evans's girlfriend and PR team, I think his guilt is even more clear cut than before. He was found guilty. He admitted being there and having *. He received a text from a friend which stated "got a bird". After receiving this text he charged over to the hotel room. He did not meet her on a night out. At no point before, during, or after the sexual encounter did he speak to the victim. In fact, he left via a fire exit. I have never been with a women and never shared at least a few pleasantries and why leave via a fire exit? There was also a witness in the reception who said the victim was "out of it."

After that conviction his girlfriend posted a reward of £50,000 online for information leading to the acquittal of Evans. A clear inducement for someone to lie on the stand for money. To counter act the evidence Evans's team had to provide new information. Evan's brother and friend came forward to say they were watching through a window. They testified that the victim said "* me harder" during the act. Importantly this matches Evans's testimony, from 2011. However this new evidence did not come to light and was not offered until 2015. Why the wait? If my brother had information to acquit me of a horrible act he would do so immediately not wait 4 years. That counteracts the victims testimony. Evans's team then set about silencing the individual who said she was "out of it." Evans's girlfriend had the following conversation with that witness online.

She wrote: “We are appealing for new information. There is a £50,000 reward for any new evidence. Do you know anything that could help Ched? He’s spent nearly 13 months locked up in prison for a crime that never happened. I’m pleading with you if you know anything.” She signed off with a kiss.

Burrough did nothing.

The next morning she contacted him again: “OK. I see you have chosen to ignore me. I understand you want to put it all behind you. If you can deal with the fact that Ched is innocent and he’s spending the next 17 months in prison and you can just sit back and let it happen so be it. I’m literally begging. If you know anything please help me."

That testimony was not given at the retrial. Why?

Finally there is a witness who states that he had intercourse with the victim post incident. It's difficult to determine his motivation. What I can say is there are inconsistencies, financial incentives, and amazing new evidence discoveries. All appear to be neat and convenient.

You can never be 100% on anything but how Ched Evans reacts to his acquittal will go a long way to prove his innocence or guilt. Should he decide to open up a massive financial law suit against the crown for wrongful imprisonment will suggest he is not a rapist. Should he not you can be confident that he is a rapist.

9. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    No.

On the basis of the evidence, a jury found him not guilty. That's due process.

10. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If she was drunk and not aware of who's 'on top of her' then it's rape. If he never said a single word to her, chances are its rape as no consent would be given.

Also the fact that she had a threesome weeks previous was used to 'prove' she consented is dark age bullshit. She can have a consensual threesome, foursome or 10 on 1 every week and it has no bearing on the fact that if she does not consent just once, then its rape

Sean Daleer likes this.
  11. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

IF being key. Nobody except the people in that room know what happened.

You've just copied what I said, agreed with me yet made out as if I'm saying that would make him innocent.

Edit - Think you picked my post up wrong. I meant she may have been uo for it, which obviously makes him innocent or she might have been that drunk that she never knew who was on top of her, which would have made him guilty. How do you prove that though ? It's word versus word.

12. Onefootwonder

The evidence was McDonald asked if Evans could join in and she agreed. She also asked for Evans to perform oral * on her. She also instigated sexual positions and actively took part. This was the evidence of Evans, McDonald and Evans' half brother who was watching.

Three people said she actively took part and the girl's evidence was she couldn't remember a thing. There's no actual evidence that she didn't consent.

Her previous * life was relevant in my opinion. She had a history of throwing herself at men, then forgetting what happened in the morning. This is what Evans' defence was. She was actively taking part in * and was happy to do so, then blanked out in the morning.

The case was based on her being unfit to consent.

The evidence given about her being blind drunk is at odds with each other too. Her pals said she was OK, the fast food shop owner said she was *, the taxi driver said she was fine and the hotel receptionist said she was drunk.

We've all seen the video of her bending down in high heels and she was also able to send a text message which was apparently well written and included characters.

She thought her drink must have been spiked. There was nothing other than cocaine and hash found in her system. I've no idea what effect drugs and drink have someone, but it seems plausible that the girl seemed fine to many people, but her own indulgence in illegal drugs had some effect on her behaviour and memory.

So it can't be established that she was unfit to consent as evidence given suggest she was able. The evidence of what happened in the bedroom suggests that the girl played her part in it. Evidence suggest she has a history of * around and suffering memory loss about it.

I just can't see how there could have been anything other than a not guilty verdict, even in the previous trial without her previous sexual behaviour brought into question.

One of the guys that came forward was apparently well off. It seems a huge risk to stand up and court and make up a pack of lies. As the guy said he had too much to lose to even consider committing perjury.

13. The Regime

Fav Celtic Player:
    Eyal Berkovic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields
    Then why did McDonald say to the receptionist '"You know that girl I was with? Keep an eye on her. She’s sick."'? Even the people involved say she was drunk to the point of whiteying.

14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Strange how his Father in Law bankrolled his appeal.

At the very least he cheated on his daughter. Throwing money at his court case would be the furthest thing from my mind if that was my daughter.

Twisty likes this.
  15. Onefootwonder

The people involved have differing opinions of what state she was in. That was the evidence given in court.

I've not read anything about whiteying. That wasn't part of the evidence I've read.

The girl's own evidence was she never had a stupid amount of drink either. She also claimed she hadn't touched drugs for weeks, even though cocaine was still in her system. It only stays in the system for a couple of days.

The sick comments doesn't look good. It still doesn't prove the girl was incapable of making a decision. I'm sure we've all been OK under the influence of drink, but then suddenly feel like throwing up.

I've no idea how hash, cocaine and drink would make her react.

16. The Regime

Fav Celtic Player:
    Eyal Berkovic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields
    She also left her bag in the kebab shop, hardly a sober move. Why is the "stupid amount to drink" important? I once polished off a liter of vodka after a large Chinese and was * but functional. Last week I had two thirds of a bottle of rum; I woke up on the floor bottom half naked. In the context of my experience, I would not say that was a "stupid amount". The girl saying she "has drank more" has no effect on her state.

Mate, apart from that it all pretty seedy. This is just my opinion and not related to the evidence. They state they went out to pick up girls. They get their paws on one. McDonald texts him to set-up some multiple * session. Evans bolts over and takes a turn. Two men voyeristically peer through a cheap hotel window. This is not a Woody Allen romance. It's ugly and degraded. Sure it doesn't mean she was raped, but if they're going to use the victims behaviour as evidence to acquit Evans then this depraved charade should be considered in relation to the victim.

17. Onefootwonder

The case hinged on her being unable to consent through drink. So having an excessive amount to drink is a key point in the case. The condition she was in is a vital part of the case. The evidence in court has differing opinions what her condition actually was.

There's absolutely no doubt their antics were seedy and horrid. They showed zero respect for the girl and effectively used and abused her. However, it doesn't appear the girl has any respect for herself. Going out, getting hammered on drink and drugs and throwing herself at men appears to be her way of life. After this episode of "rape" She went straight back out, got hammered and took another guy home only to completely forget what happened again.

If this traumatic experience had the effect she claimed, I'd have expected her to at least learn something from it. Clearly she hasn't. Same club and same behaviour leading to another situation.

For sure they treated her like *, but it sounds as if the girl plays her part in that.

There's a guy I know from another website who knew the girl. Her antics and behaviour was well known.

The Regime, TheHolyGoalie and Twisty like this.
  18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Just because she enjoyed * is no barometer on whether or not she was raped though.

Her antics and behaviour was well known...? * sake.

What she done before or after has no bearing on what happened that night.

19. Onefootwonder

What has happened before and after does have a bearing on this case. It was used as evidence against her in court to prove she has a history of instigating *, then suffering memory loss.

I'm not sure that highlights she enjoyed *.

The Regime likes this.
  20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

A rape victim should not have to have their sexual history brought up in court, there is no correlation between someones sexual past and the case in question.

What chance do you have of having women come forward in the future if their * life is going to become a stick to beat her with?

A dangerous precedent.