1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Checking setlists before concerts

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Metlson, Apr 20, 2017.

Discuss Checking setlists before concerts in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Metlson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Does anyone check band's setlists before they see a concert or do you wait to see what it is on the night.

I make a playlist of the set list after the first concert of the Australian/new Zealand leg and listen to it before I see the band over a few days to build excitement.

2. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Usually just wait and see.

3. StevieBhoooy!

I've only recently heard of people doing this recently...

I suppose it's a modern media age thing.

Sometimes just look on the sound desk at the gig and there's usually a copy there.

But like to just wait and see what comes.

The sort of bands I see would tend to mix it about a bit or only do a few gigs and maybe even more ad-hoc.

Never seen a 'big' act that would be in Australia and uk on same tour.

Not likely to be my sort of music.

4. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yeah, this must be a relatively new thing because I must have been to hundreds, if not thousands of gigs/concerts/festivals over the years when I was a teen through to early 30's (although that has decidely slowed down in the years since - I can count on 1 hand the last 4/5yrs) and never heard of it (widespread practice of people 'spoiling' with prior setlist knowledge from previous shows from the tour) until about 2 years or so ago.

Even then, my thought process as I approached any of the shows of bands that I had been looking forward to for ages was to starve myself of their music for a few weeks at least, and more often than not not listening to their music from the day I got a ticket through to the show itself, so when was there live it would be like '* yeah', like a feast after a famine, made the experience so much more enjoyable.

So yeah, I wouldn't want to be spoiled by knowing a setlist in advance.

Metlson likes this.
  5. Metlson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    There is a website called setlist.fm which anyone can update the set lists for a particular concert after it happens.

Officer Doofy likes this.
  6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I always do check the setlist from the last few gigs. Like to know what they are likely to play.

Metlson likes this.
  7. Matt_20

I avoid the ones of my absolute favourite bands where I'd know every song anyway, but definitely like to check if the band I'm going to see plays my favourite song of theirs beforehand.