1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

"Champions League Quality Players"

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Liam Scales, Jul 11, 2013.

Discuss "Champions League Quality Players" in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Aye, I know what you mean but the players I've mentioned are the kind of players that come to mind when you mention the Champions League. The players that really effect where the trophy is going, you know what i mean?

I view the Champions League as the pinnacle of football and these guys are the pinnacle of football players.

2. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Not the first time I've said it Dev. It really does get on my nerves.
    Even saying proven players. We don't really do that either. We buy decent players and make them better

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I know, I'm the same mate. It's like auddenly everyone forgets just how we have built our Champions League success, Gordon Strachan's team (the most succesful Champions League team for us) we're the epitome of players who weren't 'Champions League Quality'.

This team wasn't signed as 'Champions League Quality'. As long as we make sure the team is better, I'm happy.

4. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    It happened all the time then too. "we need to go out and spend £5million on a proven, CL player". No we don't. We need to make sure we get to the Champions League and perform well enough to make people stand up and say..."*...look at Celtic. Doing no bad eh?" I'm happy with that.:50:

5. ordinaryman

Don't think anyone in this thread is disagreeing. All saying the same, just from different viewpoint. My question is this. Taking Big Vic out as he's gone and looking at the current squad, do you think we will be as successful as we were last year - SPL taken as read but looking at CL. If it's a 'Yes' then fine. If it's a 'No' then how do we achieve that level of success given that we need CL money to maintain our financial clout?

6. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I don't think we'll get into the last 16. It's unlikely I would favour us to do that if we went out and spent double what we received for Wanyama. It's a realistic goal for us to get into the CL, after that the luck of the draw plays a big part.

7. Roskopicachu

I totally agree. I'm no' talking about the majority though, just the best ones, all of whom represent their country. It would have been so * straightforward to do, I think it's funny and daft. On one side we tear into a guy for slagging off Scottish football and then we right off any other player in our league.

Most folk would have been happy with Russell. We get Balde instead.

All this * about a player not being worth signing because we need Champions' League players is nonsense. If anything it holds us back from being able to sign players who've progressed in the SPL.