1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Champions League Play Off Round, 1st Leg: Celtic v Astana. 16th August 2017, 19:45. BT Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Norm Peterson, Aug 11, 2017.

Discuss Champions League Play Off Round, 1st Leg: Celtic v Astana. 16th August 2017, 19:45. BT Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I see some are including Paddy in the team line up, canny beat a bit of optimism :84: :50:

packybhoy, JC Anton and Random Review like this.
  2. donnegal celt

I think Friday night was best thing to happen to bitton. Rodgers tell him keep it simple and hopefully not * bout with ball in own penalty box again

3. clonbhoy

I'm sure he was told by Brendan not to * about with it in midfield as well, he didn't seem to take any notice!
    I'm amazed people think that Rodgers will persevere with him there, it is clear it hasn't worked. I expect Ajer to start.

4. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Exactly, mate. He hasn't even trained with the team yet. He'll be on the bench as an impact sub.

5. donnegal celt

Don't think Ajer will start. If Rodgers rated Ajer good enough he would started against hearts and Patrick last Friday. Can see Ajer been loaned out to gain more experience and hopefully next season will see him come into first time.

6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Did he really do so * in Turkey?

As for England, it's true he's not good enough for the Man City first team nor is he in the same league as Virgil; but neither of those things is any kind of disgrace. If Being crap rotting in the reserves of a club that can go out and buy a world class player for every position and doing crap at a struggling EPL club under a * manager that doesn't know how to utilise you properly makes you crap, then Scott Sinclair must be crap as well.

He's no Virgil Van Dijk, but I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

Keano88 likes this.
  7. clonbhoy

He gave Bitton a go and it worked, to an extent, until last Friday and he failed the test then. Thistle have done us a favour here.

8. clonbhoy

It is his attitude that would have me steering well clear of him. He certainly has the ability but I don't even think Rodgers can save him. He'll be at a generic Dutch club in a few years time or playing in some league where his list of former clubs will be more important than his inability to give a *.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It's going to be a long week...

Let's hope we sign Paddy tomorrow and then Armstrong extends on Tues, that would certainly pass the time.

10. celts67

Highlights from last yrs 2 games just watched looking forward to Wed .

packybhoy and JC Anton like this.
  11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It's the time between the 2 legs that annoy me thank * we are Wednesday then Tuesday * waiting Tuesday then following Wednesday!!!

JC Anton likes this.
  12. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Big 90 minutes coming up ... really need a solid performance all over the pitch

Clean sheet would be nice but would like to think we can score over there so just want us to bang in 3 at home
    Don't feel it is out of the question.. although that performance at Thistle was not pretty to watch

Would prefer not have the typical Celtic experience watching the second leg and almost having a heart attack but wont be surprised if i have to go through the wringer again

13. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    Really need to blitz them at home, nerves shattered already.

seanm likes this.
  14. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Last two years we've * flown out the traps in the play off at home and then * it at the back. Last year we recovered.

Makes it even more important that bitton is nowhere near the team to avoid it happening again.

seanm and clonbhoy like this.
  15. xDanCFCx

GK - Gordon

RB - Lustig
    CB - Simunovic
    CB - Ajer
    LB - Tierney

CM - Brown
    CM - Ntcham

RW - Forrest
    CAM - Rogic
    LW - Sinclair

ST - Griffiths

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

The support need to be on it from minute one on Wednesday and not let up for the 90 minutes.

For all the support can be a 12th man in european home games, we can also be a hindrance like in the first leg against Rosenborg. When folk start getting on the players backs when we aren't 4 up on 60 minutes I really believe it can affect the players.

No idea if the GB are back for this one but if they aren't, everyone else must take up the mantle and get behind the team for 94 minutes.

Random Review and clonbhoy like this.
  17. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Clearest example was Maribor. No GB and nervy crowd: you could literally see the crowd and the players making each other more nervous in a vicious circle.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  18. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Yep, i don't think Astana are a huge step up in quality from Rosenborg but in an attacking sense they pose a greater danger due to the pace they have. There will be scary moments on the counter and the fans need to be patient.

I think it should be better simply as we will have a proper striker playing!

The first 10-15 mins is always a good atmosphere but like a few have said above if we don't score in the early stages the nervousness creeps onto the field. Hopefully we come out of the traps flying and the fans can then roar the team on.

Who knows a certain signing, even if he wouldn't start, would really galvanise the fans and create an even better atmosphere.

19. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    We should be beating this mob comfortably. It will be the usual second leg nervy last 10 minutes though.

20. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    IF Roberts signs before the deadline, would you start him if you were Brendan?

I would