1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtics Tactics over last few seasons. #Audio from Pre-Season

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Shauny, Apr 12, 2019.

Discuss Celtics Tactics over last few seasons. #Audio from Pre-Season in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Shauny Shauny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    [​IMG]
    Well I thought I would write something about Celtic as this is what this forum is for. I watch every Celtic game, home and away and get to as many games as I can. My last game was Celtic 0-0 Aberdeen. The tactical play we are using is exactly the same with Lenny as it was with Brenda.

Something I noticed at the Aberdeen game high up in the Lions stand was we over play the pall too much, we are not pushing balls through or over teams quick enough. We get into some cracking positions with 1 touch football, but the final ball, the crossing (Don't get me started on Corners and free kicks out wide) is too slow. Hayes coming back into the side has seen a lot more crosses coming in early, but nobody on the end of them.

[​IMG]
    Every game I have seen recently, over the last few years domestically, we have controlled by 60%/70%, we are never really bothered at the back unless we bring it on ourselves, so teams do find it difficult to cut us open. We are having so much of the ball, teams have upped their tactical game and they double up all over the park. Late goals recently and over the last few years I think is down to the players attitude of playing to the final whistle. Some will say these last gasp winners is a bad thing, I see it differently as we move the ball so quickly around the park we tire other teams out and often last 10 minutes the other team tire and our fitness and state of mind on the park means even against teams who park the bus, we are finding a way. Lenny is still undefeated. Aberdeen and Livi draws aside he has won (With the players) some big games.

[​IMG]
    Sundays game is just the next big game, the next "Is Lenny the right man" test, call it what you will. If we win Sunday and win the Treble/Treble and get to #8IAR we must remember Lenny won the first 3. No matter what the board do I hope we don't go backwards. We had a TOP CLASS Manager who seemingly got pi$$ed off at the lack of funds for players. I have Audio from last Summer day after John McGinn decided to join Villa as he was guaranteed more game time, and Rodgers said "Maybe my vision of Celtic moving forward is different from what the Club can offer" - This was around the time the Chinese side came in for Rodgers and the same time he lied to Dembele about a move.

[​IMG]

Rodgers still hopeful of getting McGinn

Rodgers was asked if his thoughts on money he has, matched his own. We now know it wasn't...And this was after he missed out on McGinn.

Both these videos were from around Pre-Season 2018/2019.
    I have tons of Audio from Rodgers, so if you are looking for any spacific issue, give me a shout and I will upload it here. Also, what is the best way to share Audio files here?

[​IMG]

Thoughts on tactics and more?

Shauny

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  2. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Insistence on retaining possession instead of bypassing resistance with long passes is definitely slowing us down. When I see 2 players closing down our man, I always say: "Punt it over their heads!", but typically, he does a backpass. So annoying.

3. Shauny Shauny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    We certainly have the pace to get inbehind quicker. At the Aberdeen game about 20 times someone had the ball, Aberdeen defence had pushed 35+ yards out, Eddie was sideways on pointing into the space behind, as were wingers .... Sitting high up above at either end was an eye opener. Livi game the same?..... #HH