1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic vs The Rangers, Scottish Cup Semi Final April 17th, 12pm SKY SPORTS 2

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Dáibhí, Mar 7, 2016.

Discuss Celtic vs The Rangers, Scottish Cup Semi Final April 17th, 12pm SKY SPORTS 2 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    People don't seem to be accounting for the pitch at Hampden. It's just being relayed, it'll be cut up to * and quick, incisive passing will be a difficulty.

2. Glorious1967

dunno mate but commons brown and mulgrew all need to start just for the experience

3. Keano88

Hampden is a shitehole man.

State of the pitch for big domestic games is embarrassing.

4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It was diabolical last February and we played some lovely stuff. Celtic park hasn't exactly been like a bowling green the last few weeks either - probably the worst I've seen it actually - although still comfortably the best surface in Scotland probably :smiley-laughing002:

5. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He is absolutely * at defending though, got found out against St.Johnstone, plays more like a winger which is an area we can expose easily.
    Tierney will handle him without a doubt.

Need Janko back for RB though, Lustig is just done for pace.

6. Glorious1967

For a national stadium its a disgrace

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We didn't play some lovely stuff last year against them, it was there one saving grace that we couldn't move the ball in the quick one two's that we were used to at that time. When we went more direct it was easier to play.

I wouldn't start Richards, I'd certainly have him on the bench for the option though. I'd probably go:

Gordon

Lustig Erik Mulgrew Tierney

Brown

Bitton McGregor

Roberts ______Commons
    Griffiths​

8. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Dont want to see Tom Rogic in this game to be honest as I think he's a bottler and needs the game to go his way in order to play well. Commons has to play through the middle. I would also have strong reservations about playing Armstrong as well but could live with him if Commons is played in his proper position.

9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

We've got griffiths a 33 goal striker, scores near enough every game against good opposition, scored in Europe yet people want to put a guy on instead who couldn't hit the target from 4 foot out against morton because he's "big." We griffaldo will tear them to shreds.

10. Glorious1967

dont know what people see in Rogic, at Inverness Christie was better in the same position

11. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

His pace alone will do their 2 cb's who are slow as *. He'll be right up for it.

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep. And the best best striker in Scotland has schooled him plenty..

I'd probably agree with that. Both are quick and always on the attack. You do have to take in to account the level of opponent they are up against most week's and the fear factor that comes with it. Both are the biggest threat but still, I don't rate either too highly. Tavernier is hit and miss, much better going forward but poor at the back. Our loan kid McMullan tore him a new * at Ibrox and got a penalty for his troubles. Not the first time I've seen him exposed as a 'defender' either. Same with Wallace, you'd think this guy was a superstar now. He's always been a * poor defender and better going forward. We've seen enough of him first hand and both are goals last year came from around his side to some degree. Especially Griffiths' opener..

Both of those we can expose terribly..

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

In the first half we definitely did. Could have and probably should have been 4 or 5 up, had it not been for some profligacy on our part and shocking officiating (thinking about the move where Stokes was going 1 v 1 and the ref failed to play advantage after a foul on Brown)

Agree with the majority of your team, assuming Commons can blow off the cobwebs, has looked a bit off the pace.

14. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Are you kidding? He was the most exciting player we had in the team first half of the season, ripped midfield and defences apart most games, a little inconsistent at first but he was first pick for a reason.

15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

He's the one player who's up for it against * teams. The only thing is when he scores his hatrick, he'll tear his top off to reveal a zombie head shot vest, run into the crowd celebrating and then get red carded. It'll be worth it though

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We could have mate but it wasn't due to great play from us, we were just far better than the * and the pitch was holding us back to *.

I'd always play Commons against the Huns, Oldco or Sevco, he's a Hunskelper.

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Worst advantage I've seen. Clean through on goal and he brings play back. Griffith..

18. Glorious1967

He's a hider maybe a good player with you are winning but no bottle what so ever and the most exciting we have looked in the last 2 seasons was in the last 20 mins when we tore inverness apart he wasnt there

19. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    I like the look of both him and Allen to be honest but as far as i'm concerned Commons is still the main man.

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I had stuck £50 on Celtic to score 4 or more goals that day at 5/1, was seething at that decision.

Thought it was the other wiggy :smiley-laughing002: Although I was in a stinker of a seat behind the goal.