1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic vs The Rangers, Scottish Cup Semi Final April 17th, 12pm SKY SPORTS 2

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Dáibhí, Mar 7, 2016.

Discuss Celtic vs The Rangers, Scottish Cup Semi Final April 17th, 12pm SKY SPORTS 2 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. seanm

its a win win for THEM if we win 1 nil they will say we can compete and the gap isnt that big etc so lets just hammer them and move on like we should have the last time we played them we took the foot off the gas for whatever reason we should have scored 4 or 5 that day HH

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Gordon
    Lustig Sviatchenko Mulgrew Tierney
    Brown McGregor
    Roberts Johansen Commons
    Griffiths

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He wins everything in the air basically. Used to the big occasion and will let them know they're in a game.

Only issue is he is a nutcase and will react to anything but if we can't trust him we shouldn't have signed him!

4. Glorious1967

When has he proved to be a big game player, the feyenoord supporters think he is shocking, their management team were desperate for us to take him they tore up his contract

The attitude and fact he is a so called headcase make him way too much of a risk in this game, maybe a sub late on, but if he starts and gets send off early on, you have seen how we crumble, no thanks

5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Desperately hoping Deila isn't of this mindset. Reducing the game to long balls & flick ons will only benefit them. We're easily the better side with the ball on the deck (when at our best), play with the best XI that will confirm this.

6. Minimalist

He is deadly serious he is also under the illusion that King will start spunking money when they get up, his psychological process comprises of the material printed in the Daily Record. They never died and all this in denial bullshit :smiley-laughing002:

7. Mr. Slippyfist

Griff is gonna need some physical back up in the forward aeeas for the simple reason their defensive duo of Wilson and Kiernan are absolutely * and will do nothing but try to kick lumps outta Leigh.

Kazim-Kazim looks like he has a fair bit of strength about him and will definitely be able to take what those two dumplins dish out, plus he looks as if he's able to hold the ball up.

8. Minimalist

A red card is in this game its like its almost certain.

9. Glorious1967

You have to go into this game with the mindset, the huns will get a penalty at some stage and we will end up with 10 men, so big kaz and boyata are the dangers there

10. Mr. Slippyfist

The one BIGGEST danger they have is that boy Tavernier imo.

He has a great delivery on him, can rampage down the right and can hit a tremendous free-kick.

Wee Tierney will have to be on top form for him, as will Lustig for Wallace.

11. Minimalist

That can happen we need to be disciplined no * ups or errors just play our game, fast ball retention and we will win. If we let Them play into us I think our back lines * will collapse.

12. Glorious1967

I said it before stop their fullbacks they are *, i would encourage them forward at Hampden, long ping over the top from charlie leaves them wide open

13. Chavez

:smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

14. Mr. Slippyfist

Their full-backs are their biggest asset.

Something funny, sweetie?

15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Jeezo. Let them worry about us. Griffiths is the most deadly attacker in the country, has already ripped Wilson apart a number of times as it is. Whilst there's no denying they'll be kicking everything we shouldn't alter our gameplan to play an inferior side. Sacrificing a player with a lot more poise and purpose eg. McGregor & Rogic to shoehorn in CKR just because he has a bit of muscle is senseless.

16. Mr. Slippyfist

Let them worry about us? Deary me! If the management worked to this philosophy, then we'd be *....nothing wrong with sounding out your opponent's strengths and weaknesses.

Now, I'm not suggesting that we definitely go along those lines, but I agree with Paul about the kind of edge Kazim-Kazim may bring us.

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I don't consider their defence to be a strength, infact the entire opposite. They fail to deal effectively with incisive, quick, passing football. Why change our gameplan and reduce it to a hoof & hope? I've seen nothing from CKR that gives me hope he'll be a success at Celtic.

18. Glorious1967

i would love to see the allan, christie, roberts set up the one touch stuff would rip the * out them but bit lightweight

19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

If they were all on song we'd be all over them like a cheap suit. Who would you sacrifice though to play all 3?

20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think Commons should start this game, he has the experience.