1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic vs The Rangers, Scottish Cup Semi Final April 17th, 12pm SKY SPORTS 2

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Dáibhí, Mar 7, 2016.

Discuss Celtic vs The Rangers, Scottish Cup Semi Final April 17th, 12pm SKY SPORTS 2 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Cold light of day and it hurts me to say we deserved to lose, best team won on the day, they outfought us,outplayed us,out thought us, Magic hat showed how tactically inept Delia is and managed to get his team in their 1ST EVER SCOTTISH CUP FINAL, showed how poor our team is and how much we have fallen to be beaten by a lower league team,hopefully Lawell and the board have kept money aside the last few years to rebuild the team and give the money to a manager who wont waste it not a norwegian donkey

2. kramer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Same here. The commentary on Foxtel/BeIn was disgraceful.

3. dowdalshillcelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    embarrassing we were bossed by them all over the pitch awful stuff, not many players can hold their heads up after that.

4. murphy88

We were lucky to get to penalties, and in the end, beaten by the team who wanted it more, and sadly, who played the better football. After 5 minutes, it was clear for all to see that whenever their keeper had the ball, they were going to look to play out from the back. What did we do to try and stop it? Absolutely nothing. Griffiths went chasing on his own, and they passed it around him. We should have been squeezing the game and forcing them to go long, but we allowed them easy possession the whole game, and let them play their way out.

Then onto Lustig and Roberts. We got tortured down that side all game. It didn't take much mind you, a simple overlapping run from Wallace done the trick, and more often than not, he was found by either Holt or McKay. Roberts didn't have a clue defensively, and Lustig looked like he was running on treacle. I won't even bother going into detail regarding how poor Boyata was, because that's no shock, as he is rotten in general.

We were weak in the middle of the park as well. Brown and Bitton couldn't control the game, and Brown gave away cheap possession almost every time he touched the ball. He was also at fault for their first goal in my opinion. Mackay-Steven would have been as well watching the game from the stand, as he barely had a kick, and Johansen, who only started picking up the ball in good areas in the second half, never done enough when he had it.

The biggest disappointment for me, is how poor we are on the ball. We don't have enough footballers in our team. Two of our better players with the ball at their feet are McGregor and Rogic, and both were left out. As ridiculous as it sounds, but had the park been in the same state as it was for the game last year, it would have actually suited us better. We can have no complaints about yesterday, none whatsoever.

5. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Disagree there, Biton is technically sound, he just did not approach the game in the right manner. He also needs defensive cover to operate effectively, which Johansen is not. Brown shat it as well, sadly. Our problem actually lies in being very thin and weak defensively. I'd trade half of our attacking midfield force for a good DMF.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2016
  6. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Crocker and Walker where a disgrace yesterday too so far up the huns * it was shameful Crocker was praising Halliday like he was Steven Gerrard in his pomp

7. murphy88

I didn't say Bitton wasn't technically sound. I just said we don't have enough footballers in our team. It's been proven in the past, and was glaringly obvious yesterday. I said McGregor and Rogic are two of our better players with the ball, and both were left out the team.

8. TimFloyd Gold Member

Had to get involved with a hun on Facebook, trying to shout they "pumped" us.

Aye in what * planet is 1-1 after FT and 2-2 after ET a pumping?

Aye you played well and we were * and you got the win but by no means was it a pumping of any sorts

9. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Whhat's the difference between a ˝footballer˝ and being technically sound? To me, these mean the same. McGregor and Rogić are good, no doubt. But they are good because they have more focus and they try harder. Their form is simply better, not so much their technical ability. Only Boyata and Brown could be called technically unsound in the team that went out yesterday. And I guess Gordon, but he's a GK.

10. Dáibhí

Those types of instances are best treated similar to encountering a drunk * in the street when walking home.

Just walk on by.

11. CharlieMulgrini

Rogic is the best player at Celtic apart from Tierney. He was benched. Had he been on from the start, would we have won? Yes.

Johannes is a passenger
    Boyata is *
    Lustig is limited but not absolutely *
    Brown is past his best
    GMS needs to get to *

Ronny Deila needs to * off RIGHT * NOW and give the new man a fighting chance of getting his team in plane before July's CL qualifiers.

I am so disillusioned with everything connected to my beloved Celtic right now. My heart is heavy with sadness. Only a Norwegian sacrifice will appease me

COYBIG
    In The Thumb we trust

12. TimFloyd Gold Member

Sadly I had watch the game with 3 said arseholes, I'm surprised the bar still has its pool cues intact :smiley-laughing002:

13. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

*, least your in the sunshine and don't have to face these *!

Jammy *! :icon_mrgreen:

14. TimFloyd Gold Member

True :icon_mrgreen:

I'm just glad we got on penalties and not beat beat, it certainly had big say on my mood for the night which wasn't the best but I was soon distracted :smiley-laughing002:

15. murphy88

Try harder? Would you not rather have technically good footballers who are prepared to try harder in your starting lineup then?

We didn't have enough players who were capable of putting the foot on the ball and playing a few passes. It wasn't only Brown & Boyata in that regard. A Championship team gave us a lesson in how to keep the ball and play out from the back.

16. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I would, I just pointed out that most of our midfielders have good skills on the ball.

The reason why we were taught a lesson has to do with instructions. Gordon is not being told to pass it to the defenders. Foderingham passed it out to his defenders, on the other hand. I don't believe Gordon couldn't pass the ball out, instead of kicking it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2016
  17. murphy88

We weren't allowed to play out from the back. They done what we should have done, and squeezed the game when Gordon had the ball, and forced us to go long.

18. KingArtur'1

they outplayed us in the first half. the second we controlled in patches but in all honesty we were awful the worst performance ive seen in a while and they still only managed a 2-2 draw.

they went a large part of the game without registering a single shot on goal until mckay scored. roberts sitter, griff hit the bar from free kick ....on another day thats 4-2 celtic but it never happened we lost.

but deila is tactically inept and cant get them up for a game its fair to say hes lost the dressing room and its time brown was not captain and guranteed a starting slot

19. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    4 defenders, surely they could arrange a way to have one available for a pass? Besides, Kenny Miller is 36, how effectively could he alone press?

20. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Aye? Did u take it out on the ladyboy?