1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic vs Manchester United

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by jaradthescot, Jul 29, 2004.

Discuss Celtic vs Manchester United in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jaradthescot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beattie again. Give the wee bhoy a run, WGS
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Jinky
    Amazing game. This was the game that I had given up hope for. I thought we'd have a very tough time vs Chelsea, fairly easy vs. Liverpool and get mauled by ManU (again). Boy was I wrong. Beattie was an ace again, bringing his tally up to 4 goals in three games. Petrov was great in the first half, McGeady seemed played better than in earlier performances, and the defence was much better. I would've liked to see Marshall in net, but Hedman held his own and had no chance on the goal. Only bad news for this game was the tackle against Thompson. Bullsh*t that there was no card, and now I won't get to see him vs Roma, and perhaps not the beginning of the season :icon_evil . Great game overall and hopefully this is the Celtic team we'll see in the coming season - although a new defenceman wouldn't hurt.

2. Dubsbhoy Banned!

thats brutal news about thommo makes it worse that it was some spotty little kid nobodys even heard of.

3. Dubsbhoy Banned!

Thompson to miss start of season

Celtic manager Martin O'Neill had good news on Alan Thompson's injury scare but admitted he would miss the season opener with Motherwell.

The English midfielder had only just returned from a calf injury but was left in pain by a challenge from youngster Chris Eagles in the 2-1 victory over Manchester United.

It was first feared he had suffered a serious injury after being stretchered off but O'Neill confirmed he had only come off with a stud mark on his shin which required stitches.

The Celtic boss said: "Roddy Macdonald (the doctor) cleaned out the the wound and he thinks it might take a little bit of time to heal up. It was a blow considering the season is only 10 days away and that appears to be too early for him."

thought it would of been a lot worse

4. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Glad to hear it wasnt that bad, the tackle was awful. Anyway MUCH happier with the performance, the defence actually played well. Valgaeren regained some much needed confidence with a new neatly timed tackles and it looked like big Stan Varga was back to his old self, Laursen came on and impressed me by not only defending well but getting forward a lot to. The usual suspects Petrov, Lennon, Sutton and Didi all had good run outs and it was great to see Beatts get another goal, this kid really does look the part.

hail hail

5. larsson97_04

Fav Celtic Player:
    Maloney, JVOH
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Hi i am back from my holiday in the USA and what C*** weather we had there on the last day good old Hurricane Charley and the good old 3 Tornado's which came past us. anyway back to the point of this thread..........

While i was in the USA i saw a few Manchester united fans and they was saying what was it like beating 12 year olds....... and kept saying how sh** Celtic fans are and how sh** Celtic are.

Some fans said that Thompson should of had his leg broken in that tackle and some of the fans thought it was funny when that tackle came in!!!!

Is Thompson going to miss the start of the season then?

6. jaradthescot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beattie again. Give the wee bhoy a run, WGS
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Jinky
    ManU fans are some form of infestation in North America. I have a friend who's one and I can remember EXACTLY how it happened. We walk to school together... one day his mom signed him up for the local football league... the next day he was a ManU fan. No knowledge of the team before the day, no family who are fans, nothing. Tha'ts how they get most of their fans up here. * I hate ManU fans

7. larsson97_04

Fav Celtic Player:
    Maloney, JVOH
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    a lot of Man U fans are just there because they are meant to be the best team