1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic vs Manchester City - Wed 28th September - 7:45 - BT Sports 2

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Keano88, Sep 24, 2016.

Discuss Celtic vs Manchester City - Wed 28th September - 7:45 - BT Sports 2 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Yer Auld Da is delicate in work this morning :54:

Outstanding performance to a man though! Big Moussa was phenonmenal. Atmosphere was - as always - amazing. The hair's on my neck stood up as the crowd belted out 'Grace' in the last 20 minutes.

Thought the travelling support was quite pathetic to be honest, you could fit their songbook on the back of a fitba sticker.

2. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    * fans are a pretty dull bunch.

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Some folk like to see/hear the positive things. Some would even think that their fans may actually say something nice. Alas they don't.

Agreed. Though that performance last night was better. As in we took the game to them. The Barcelona game we defended brilliant and deserevd something. Last night we played to win that game and were unlucky not to. Superb game from both clubs and a great spectacle for anyone who enjoys football (bar sevco)

Mourinho? Think you support the wrong team mate?

4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Definitely. Went down to the Etihad a couple of seasons ago for a Carling cup game v Chelsea. Me and my pal were cheering more than the City fans when they took the lead - although we had put £100 on each for the City win.

5. BelfastCelt88

What a * performance last night from the whole team. Tactics spot on from Rodgers and loved how towards the end he still kept at it, didn't go defensive. Played the Celtic Way last night and what a joy it was for us to see.

6. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    Just woke up after last night. Everything I want to say has been said already, so I can only echo those points. Brown was just so good last night, along with the rest of the Boys where would you even start.

I was screaming for the subs earlier than BR put them on, but was amazed when he put 2 strikers on to go for the win.... The man's a feckin legend I tellsya.

On the way home, and talking about the game I just started to fully understand what that team had done last night. We were better than great, we were prouder than others, they played for the club and the fans, they played for each other, they played football the Celtic Way .......... The disciples of soccer had returned, and did it not feel good........

As for that support, to a man take a bow. We showed everyone what it means to be a Celtic fan and just how to support your team. Up there with the greatest Europepan nights ever. * bless Celtic FC

7. wulliebad

fans again did the club proud.
    [​IMG]

8. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    :56::56:

9. Al Bootyerbaws

Didn't realise that each of their goals came 8 minutes after we had scored.

10. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Pep keeps calling us Celta De Glasgow, doing my nut in :56:

11. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Does my * in as well the way they cream over us on SSN after a big night like that last night but when we're getting beat or not playing Europe we're irrelevant.

12. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    I am just so proud of the team,it was the famous old Celtic passion,we fought for everything,every player gave 100%.You cannot ask for more,the crowd were sensational,what a global advert for Celtic! What a game.My mates down here in North Wales are very impressed!
    I said to myself on Monday i will take a bit of a break from this cool sight unless we get a positive result against Man City,well it worked!

13. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    :56:

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

So proud of them....:shamrock:

15. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Watched it again there, we were brilliant! Lineker seems to have a wee soft spot for us.

16. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Really excellent performance all-round well proud of the bhoys. Fans immense

17. eastcorkbhoy

Delighted with the performance last night. Great work rate and pressing and real flair when we attacked. The Champions League needs clubs like Celtic who offer tradition, history and atmosphere to the tournament. It is not all about big money clubs, UEFA needs to realise that this great tournament may be a cash cow but Celtic and other European clubs with history in Europe e.g. Ajax, Benfica and other "old traditional clubs" need to balance and add contrast to clubs with mega rich owners, but lack heritage. Well done to the team and the management.

18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Loved how much pep guardiola back handedly put the boot in to man city. Comments recently about fans not showing up, last night talking about how they have no history and they need to make it. Showing respect towards us when their own fans are so disrespectful.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    So proud..

I * love you Celtic..

20. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'm still buzzing from last night, what a game and atmosphere, I very nearly didn't go due to trying to tighten the belt but jeez, I'm glad I was coaxed into it, not that it took much coaxing :56:

Anyway, so proud of the Bhoys last night, from the team on the park to the fans in the stand, that's why CL nights are all about.

Hail! Hail! :shamrock: