1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic vs Lincoln Red Imps 2nd Leg

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by James, Jul 12, 2016.

Discuss Celtic vs Lincoln Red Imps 2nd Leg in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I was in the JS Lower, right down the front when Maloney scored that 40 yarder against them. Far as i knew it was a tap in. :smiley-laughing002:

I did see Big bobo bundle one in from 6 inches in the second half though.

2. The Regime

Fav Celtic Player:
    Eyal Berkovic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields
    Talking about our play over most of the season, a notable example being the Old Firm game at Hampden.

3. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

:smiley-laughing002: true true, That was one positive :icon_mrgreen:

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. Sydneysider

Me too

Effective, professional and disciplined display, didn't try to destroy or humiliate them, job done after 25/30 mins then relaxed.

Looking good.

6. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I have to confess, i fell asleep about the 60 minute mark, and awoke to Michael Stewart yakking on in an empty stadium. Seems i didnt miss much.

That said, they got the job done and played superb in the first half when it was needed.

7. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Thanks Crow.....saw the first 30 mins at work here in Canada but absolutely loved watching the full game with a few beers when I finished.

I'm very happy at the attitude show all over the park and think that the whole team performed really well......upward and onward : Hail Hail

8. Dirk_Diggler

Happy with the first half disappointed in the second half that we didn't go for the throat and really give them a humping, will be tougher next week against Astana the defense needs sorted, can't believe we have left it this late anyway a cb should have been in at least a fort night ago.

And a hope to * the manager analyses last nights game and sees that no * in the team can seem to take a proper corner kick, the set pieces against this mob about 25 corners have all been garbage, Armstrong can't beat the first man or it's big deep in swingers that are not troubling any defense, we had scor brown hitting free kicks last week as well which were all garbage.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2016
  9. Roskopicachu

Great game but we cannot have Jame Forrest head off to Blackburn in part exchange for Shane Duffy. I'm sure however, we could throw in another player.

Everyone's done their bit, now it's over to Peter Lawwell to do his bit.

If it's Duffy, then he should go and turn that deal on it's head - "We'll give you Biton or Rogic, but we want £3.5million+Duffy."

Forrest can really improve by putting in the sort of mileage he did last night in every game. Defensively you have to do more than just cover the space. You need to be looking at tracking back, just as quickly as you attack. He showed a lot of promise against Imps and we've so many distractions going forward, Forrest adds to the confusion quite well.

He's worked a cross down the left on his weaker foot to the back post and not many people can do that. So he can develop under the regime, but we need to keep Forrest and Henderson.

The whole team were excellent Roberts is unplayable and it was great to see the defenders and the midfielders looking for perfection with a long ball into the strikers.

It could have been a lot more, three maybe helps keep our feet on the ground. But Forrest leaving right now, to play with a back four and nobody on the left is a risky move.

10. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    The game ended up being free on premier sports

11. Cmcgregor90

Is the next game usually on season ticket again

12. oh bhoy

I think the most pleasing aspect was how brave the players were on the ball it wasn't keeping the ball for the sake of it there was more purpose in every ball that was played . the opposition ain't up to much and they still created a couple of chances out of nothing which was a slight concern .great to see izzy back in the team and a different formation

13. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Nope it will be a ticket probably £20

14. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Cracking atmosphere last night. You would think that if we got a result over in Boratstan they would add it on to the season tickets to get it as close to a sellout as possible. The board think about the extra money all to often. Fill the stadium up and show Europe that we are back in business.

15. FRUNTRUNNER

Playing PART Timers

Our first half was very good but the second half display against part timers
    was poor, against a better team we could have paid the penalty as we did last year, a game lasts for one hour we didn't , got to do better , on the positive side Roberts star man, Griff was Griff ,McGregor will be great if given plenty first team games .

16. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    What games do attend that only last for 60 minutes? :56:

17. Shaun

Spot on as usual mate, Rodgers played KT & Lustig with Erik in a back 3!! I think that tells us all exactly what he thinks of Ambrose. Even when KT went off as he was suffering from tonsillitis, Ajer came on. 3-0 up he went 4-4-2 and Imps had a bit of pressure but we held it together, last season we would have panicked. BUT as you rightly say, Brendan won't make the same mistakes twice, DELIGHTED 2nd leg of next round is at home. If we get 0-0 or nick a 1-0, we should close the tie at home. Players were blowing HARD at the end, first 90 minutes of the season for most who played last night

:shamrock:

18. Kdawg

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Enjoyed that. The atmosphere was brilliant, a lot of people around me joining in with the GB.

Was sheer relief from the crowd at the three goals, I was so relieved/happy when the third one went in, didn't feel comfortable singing when I see ye Celtic 1 up :smiley-laughing002:. Still worry about us defensively though and we desperately need a holding midfielder.

On to the next one!

19. Dr. Frasier Crane

First half was pretty much perfect, second half was pretty dull and had a couple of lapses in concentration at the back but delighted to get the job done.

20. Sturm Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Johan Mjällby
    I know I'm late, but has anyone already posted the goals? That would be nice.