1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic v The Manky Mob, 12:00 Sat 30th Dec, Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JML67, Dec 26, 2017.

Discuss Celtic v The Manky Mob, 12:00 Sat 30th Dec, Sky Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TheHappyLoss

That was *, game should have been done at half time, second half we were atrocious

2. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Gyp, I don't mean to reply to every post especially when it's someone knowledgeable but you * up badly there, I mean that post is making Celtic Mad consider Crossing The Line Technology :thumbsdow

3. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Aye mate I get you. It speaks volumes of where we are that it is a riddy for a team with the second highest wage bill to get a draw against us.

Another thing with the mental fatigue, there is a mountain of pressure on us in games against them because we are light years ahead of them. We are expected to beat them and there is nothing to lose for their players. The lack of fight and being second to everything in thw second half was really painful viewing though.

4. gazb1888

Add Ntcham to that and you're spot on, done fantastic when came on no idea why he didn't start or at worst came on at start of 2nd half

Britwell bhoy likes this.
  5. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Elon Musk's staff turnover is legendary but he gets results with engineers working 90 hour weeks. He has a philosophy and goal.
    For £20,000 a week I'm sure we could find philosophers.

6. ddub11

To many posts to read ,Stuck in work all day,were we */bad or were they good.
    Was it a fair result?

7. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Are you saying it was your fault? :banned:

8. Cmcgregor90

Huns aye... But im not wuite grasping where celtic fans think they should have won based on a few chances second half! Surley these people seem to forget a game is 90/mins and we could habe easilly been 3/4 up by half time

ChrisMoh likes this.
  9. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    * bollocksy cunty fucky bollocksy fucky cunty bastardy

Lilac Wine and StPauli1916 like this.
  10. Cmcgregor90

Could have had 3 4 goals first half sinclair missed a sitter and others where saved

Second half they had a few chances we had half chances but supposibly because they had better chances second half they where lucky not to win

Over all performances same as last few month nothing special but nothing bad a few players should have started infront of others as it was clear as soon as they came on

ddub11 likes this.
  11. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    That was my review of the game

12. Cmcgregor90

Plus made them look good

Sydneysider likes this.
  13. ddub11

Cheers mate,sounds like one of them games that we,ll be glad to forget about.

Sydneysider likes this.
  14. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The painful thing is: they outplayed us at our own turf. We should've lost.

Artorias likes this.
  15. wulliebad

Aye it is something BR has been wanting us to do since he got here,but i have noticed is when teams push us half the game we end up sending it back to gordon who then punts it as there is no one to pass to or when he is rushed.

Artorias likes this.
  16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Behave. Two teams who badly lacked quality but they didn't outplay us. We had twice the possession and more chances.

17. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Well said....

18. Bhoyo87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A soldiers song
    Mate having a philosophy is a great thing but unfortunately it doesn't pay the bills.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  19. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That’s rubbish, they didn’t outplay us...I’m not going to be disingenuous like some with comments like “we made them look good” but we were not outplayed and were the better team and had the better chances in the first half although I still thought we weren’t looking that dangerous or really on song, second half Sevco did for a while start to win midfield and create some good chances, on another day we could of lost because in that second half we looked so lacking in ideas and created almost nothing whereas one of those chances of theirs could of easily gone in.

It was * as a spectacle and it was a disappointing anticlimax but I’m not going to cry over it, we’ve pumped them twice at Ibrox this year, once 5-1, won 4 cups and have European football in February to come so like after the meltdown from some after Hearts I’m not going to lay into the team too harshly...this break we now have is very welcome and I expect better things when we come back and wouldn’t be surprised if we win the treble and bag 2 wins against Sevco before the end of May

20. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I have to apologize to all of you for the result today. It was entirely my fault.

Of all the Celtic tops I've collected down through the years, I have a particular one - the 1988 Centenary Away shirt.

I rarely ever wear this, usually only on exceedingly rare occasions, and only keep it for when I am due to be flying 'away' as it has actually proven quite lucky in those circumstances.

Never on match days however. Over the years it's always proven to be a bit unlucky when it comes to the Hoops playing that same day. The last 2 times I wore it on a matchday was when we lost 4-0 to St Mirren (I apologized to TM in an airport in 2012 for that, lol) and the final straw was when we lost to League Cup Final to Killie in 2012. Since then, as much as I still like the shirt, have always avoided wearing it on matchdays.

This morning, initially forgetting that the game was today, thinking it was tomorrow, slipped it on over my head without thinking. Within a minute I realized the error of my way and quickly removed said top. Considering how the game unfolded I can only shudder tho think what would have happened had I not realized my error literally less than the minute it was on my back. A 0-0 result was a near run thing under the circumstances of my non-intentional jinx.

So, as a direct consequence, I accept total responsibility for today's result, apologize unreservedly and can only beg the forgiveness of you all.

bagforlife, Keano88, Pablo87 and 7 others like this.