1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V The Huns, Sunday 29th December, KO 12:30, Sky Sports football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 26, 2019.

Discuss Celtic V The Huns, Sunday 29th December, KO 12:30, Sky Sports football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Think that showed more than ever, ffs, all we did was * about at the back, they just knock it into channels and they're off.

2. Maestro 08

Too many delusional idiots on here. Gerrard has found out our system. When u say it on here you get shouted down but it's the truth guys. We need to change things up, majorly.

3. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

5 minutes into the game you could see they wanted it more. Lennon telling the crowd to calm down as well? * every right to moan at that performance no matter the time on the clock.

* bottle merchants.

bubbs and _DannyBhoy_ like this.
  4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Absolutely shocking. Deserved nothing from that.

I thought we couldnt play worse than the cup final but in was wrong. That as just as bad considering it was at home.

Gutless. Got it completely wrong.

G_portillo likes this.
  5. Keltic celtic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four leaf clover
    No spine, no flair I hate to say it and scorn me if you will but that * are playing the better football address this in January board or there will be an uproar! Tippy tappy * all game not strong enough for the battle. Frimpong is much more efficient playing that quick through ball instead of dribbling into nowhere. Eduord was tippy tapping for 90 mins. Outplayed by an average team. I was embarrassed after the cup final but I thought it was a one off. Looking like a team of bottlers I bet you could pluck 4 or 5 supporters out the stadium that would've used more savvy and grit. We live to fight another day but that was a marker

6. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Try telling the know all's on here.
    Although I disagree with the Lenny comment.

7. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Said by others here but MJ is not ready to start this game but I wanted him to start tho, thought he was ready

8. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Terrible performance. Played like the away team. Warning signs were there since the cup final and before.

Gerrard set them up exactly like he did at Ibrox when they beat us. Stand off the defence, press and suffocate the midfield. Again, for the third time, we had no answer.
    Totally devoid of ideas going forward.

johnston poor, bad decision making.

Mcgregor terrible - a man down for me and should have been hooked at half time for Ntcham. Offered nothing and gave a heartless display.

Ajer looks very shaky for me atm. Needs dropped for a few to give him a kick up the *.

i thought Julien faired well defensively in what was a day to forget. Dealt well with Morelos.
    Frimpong the only other with pass marks for me.

need more steel in the middle of the park, we have looked lightweight in there.

9. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    we were far to slow getting the ball forward and that gave them all the time to get into our faces.
    difference between the 2 teams ?
    they had players who would run through a brick wall to win the ball, we didn't.

10. Hadouken

It had to happen eventually this could be a blessing in disguise, we've played poorly for the last 4 or 5 games.

Lets regroup in Dubai and smash it for the rest of the season, we did the same last season, * these twats!

Whoflungdung likes this.
  11. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Which bit of having to fight for the right to play football do our guys not get?

Forrest was disgraceful today, he offered no out for Frimpong apart from once or twice, the rest of the time he ran away from the young boy.

Taylor is a left back, Bolingoli is not.

Wee Mikey is a tremendous player but is lightweight. He is an impact sub in these battles once the opposition are tired. The problem is that they are not getting tired as we don’t fight them hard enough. They swamp the midfield and constantly switch and we are overrun by them. They are not a great team on paper, but they know we will go with players who have the grit and physique of a broken Subutteo player.

Guys like Mikey can come on and change games when we have won the physical battle. That midfield of ours today should have been Brown, McGregor, Ntcham, Christie and Bitton. We set up every time leaving McGregor and Brown to contain five of them, every time. Why can’t we just realise that our more talented squad sometimes needs a bit of grit to nullify the opposition before we start to show off?

I find it incredible that we keep going into these games with a lightweight set up expecting to dance around their brute strength and win?

12. auldbertie

Fav Celtic Player:
    bobby lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic your favourites in green .... present day.. let the people sing
    Lenny got everything wrong today , French eddy should have taken penalty! Forrest should have been substituted before half time . We we're * from start to finish . And lenny did * all about it . His fault

Sgt Neppers* and bkk bhoy like this.
  13. celtic warrior

14. Bonobhoy

TBF we were way behind at this point last season.

I think what annoys people more is that we are in a title challenge because of our own downfall here,Sevco have got better and we have just fallen of the pedestal now.

Money in January will flex the muscles....But its our board again.

Sickening its 3 weeks away

15. celtic warrior

16. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That’s ok. That’s a shot in the arm that was long overdue, that’s a reality check that more work is needed on the training pitch, Lennon needs to learn and the board need to continue to invest.

This was the result that should have been the cup final, we’ve been given a warning, more than one, and now those warnings must seriously be heeded.

They have fight, they have fire and they have put doubts in our players minds.

We were in a similar position as them when we stopped 10iar. We must, we must, focus everything we have on turning this back in our favour.

This battle was won with desire and better tactics, we need to show more, Lennon must do better in game when the chips are down.

No one player is to blame here, everyone is to blame, we win as a club and we lose as a club.

Every player over that winter break needs to look deep down inside and realise they have more to give, Lennon must collect his thoughts and find a way to break that formation that continues to cause us issue.

Finally, * the huns. I don’t care who they are, any team that plays better than us in that manner deserves to win but it’s up to us to ensure it does NOT * happen again!

Hail Hail

AMc88 and Whoflungdung like this.
  17. celtic warrior

Big steaming pile of *

18. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

biggest goon on this planet surely must be morelos. haven't seen a more stupid footballer in a long while. what a dumb *.

19. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Pretty gutless today, after the Cup Final I thought we'd have some real fire in our bellies today but we got overrun, outplayed and dominated by a team of *...players need to have a long look at themselves. From the first 5 minutes I was waiting and waiting for us to click and put togetehr a good 20 or 30 minutes spell of attacking pressure but nada, nothing, zip.

Title race is on for sure now, can't afford any more slipups and need to sort out these * in the next meeting.

20. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Ajer needs dropped for a few games after the break, playing like a scared wee boy since we beat Lazio.

Callum McGregor and G_portillo like this.