1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic V Stjarnan - UCL 2nd Qualifying Round, Wed 15th July, 7:45pm

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Jul 10, 2015.

Discuss Celtic V Stjarnan - UCL 2nd Qualifying Round, Wed 15th July, 7:45pm in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Eddie Murphy

Like Boyata's attitude there, being * off with getting cramp even though he played well and even scored on his debut - an important goal at that.

Bode's well for RD that his big centre half is so committed to getting fit and playing. Love that. Been really impressed with him to be honest. Alway thought it would be a big ask to fill Denayer's shoes after he shone, but Boyata may just have enough about him to do that. He's a lot more comfortable on the ball than i'd realised and keen coming forward - seems similar to VVD in style, albeit not quite the same ball player.

2. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

Cheers guys, love Boyatas comments :50:

3. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley
    Is the full match online?

4. Bazros

Fav Celtic Player:
    King Kenny and Henrik. Proud to have seen them both play.
    Very much doubt it. It was a Celtic TV exclusive so it might be on there shortly but otherwise, yer hoping for someone to have stored/recorded the live feed and then to upload it somewhere and I doubt anyone will have.......

I managed to download a few of the important games last year but they were all pro feeds from BT Sport or Sky....

On another note, and I know I've got a cheek as I watched it free and illegaly AAAAND I'm not a subscriber, but wasn't the Celtic TV coverage * * last night? I mean, when it was on it was good. Big Mick was a great co-commentator for Kenny but the sound kept dropping out and they were constantly apologizing for it. It was like that 10 years ago when I was a subscriber, I thought they'd have that * down pat by now but seemingly not. At least the picture was constant and it was a good stream. In fact, the streams have been perfect all pre-season.

5. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley
    Hmm I am atleast hoping for some extented highlights for this

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Except Armstrong has a lot more pace especially on the ball, much better work rate as well he'll get back and help out Izzy, saw him several times last night over covering right wing since Forrest was nowhere to be seen same with Johansen covering covering before Forrest got taken off. Would start GMS and Armstrong anyway, put Stokes on later on, we need at least 1 natural winger on the pitch.

8. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Gordon
    Lustig Boyata Van dijk Izzy
    Brown Bitton
    GMS Stefan Armstrong
    Griffiths​

Have to put the strongest 11 out and they'll have to come at us so it will suit griffiths more than Nadir.

9. GAZZAR88

That's the team i would go with too.
    If we lost in the next round, do we drop into the europa league qualifiers ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2015
  10. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

No. Don't need to worry about that anyway :smiley-laughing002: hopefully!

11. dmac

Frustrating at times last night players lacking in sharpness, thought brown was our best player once again James Forrest failed to shine beat himself a couple of times and seemed to go in to a sulk after he was tackled near the halfway line. Charlie Mulgrew looked out of sorts in defence and along with Izzy caused dome problems with careless passes. Glad to get the 2-0 would have preferred if players would stop arguing over penalties and just score them.

12. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    A rusty performance last night but to be expected for the first competitive game of the season. Vital that we got at least a 2 goal lead and didn't give up an away goal. Hopefully with that game under our belt and the fact they will have to at least make an attempt to have a go at us in the second leg we can get an away goal or 2 to kill off the tie. Would have been nice to kill it off last night and we certainly had the chances but we cleary were a fair bit away from being fully up to speed.

13. Samurai Bhoy

Rusty but got the job done, should easily kill them off in the next leg.
    I just can't wait til this tie is finished with so I can get that * David Bowie song out of my head..."there's a Stjarnan waiting in the sky...". Every time I see their name it goes on repeat in my head! :54:

14. Wicker Bhoy

Why start Stokes ahead of GMS?

I'd agree with starting Griffiths because they'll need to come out, wouldn't be suprised if he started.

A pish Izzy is still a better LB than Charlie, its his worst position of the ones he plays.

15. Wicker Bhoy

This.

Apart from up top the team picks itself, which I like, and Griffiths will be more suited to this game.

16. Dopey63

Leaving the match, I saw a guy touching up a female fan. It was too bizarre for words and I could not believe what I had witnessed. Anyway, my reactions were too slow to challenge this individual but it happened in FS 6, near the to of the stairs. The guy was about 6 foot, skinny wearing a brown tshirt and long shorts. I know that it is probably too late to do anything but lease watch out for this guy. PS not looking for any smart comments re this, it was totally unacceptable!

17. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG, Grace, Celtic Symphony, Orchestrated Sonic Attack
    Might need a better description than that, you've just described me, apart from the clothes, and prob thousands of others that could be at any game, lol. Appreciate the sentiment though, f'ing ridiculous behaviour, especially at Paradise, nobody should tolerate * like that.

18. Keano88

No need to rush GMS back if he ain't 100%.. With Virgil back we will stroll this.

They ain't going to win 3-0 or 4-1.. Whether GMS plays or not.

Give him more time to recover and bring him back for the tougher game the week later.