1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Salzburg Thurs 13th Dec KO 8pm Live on BT Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by stirfry999, Nov 30, 2018.

Discuss Celtic v Salzburg Thurs 13th Dec KO 8pm Live on BT Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I have to say if it has not been done already someone at Celtic Park needs to put together one * of a gift basket and send it off to Trondheim as boy did they do us a favour last night.

Forestbhoy66 and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  2. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Midfield got found out especially last night , we where outclassed no shame in that but Brown should have started the game hes the captain and experienced also Ntcham brings composure , christie and mcgregor doing well and in form but playing nobody in spl rogic went missing too.

jay62 likes this.
  3. lazyregula

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing!

Aye ano what you mean but we still did it from our own merit. Results went our way but that's football

Artorias likes this.
  4. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    They would have shat all over AEK Athens. Was a riddy getting put out by them. We just gave them goals.

JC Anton likes this.
  5. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    I just remembered about their first goal last night and cunty celebration, was that guy rolling about on the deck hit with a bit of paper or something?

6. Belgian_lad

I think games like that are a huge learning curve for both manager and team. We got plenty of young players. They need to analyze this game. We dont often play games where they bullies us and take us by the scruff as Salzburg did. I think and believe next opponent like that BR will setup the team in a way that we dont get bullied and get a result. As well we see that a team of that size can get to that by hard and good work. We can do that too.

I might be wrong, but i think in the Austrian league teams probably do more pressing then in the SPL. Often we play against walls, with one or two breakers up front. Whilst from the little i have seen in austria, the teams try to play football regardless and do more pressing. As well the current way Red Bull is playing took them a long long time defining a culture and scouting system. Thats what we should imitate. Whats strange, they never get into the big league, champions lg.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  7. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    For sure considering how good they are and have been for a while now their Champions League record is very poor. I can only think that the qualifiers just come to early for them before they are up to speed with their season.

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Their pressing and organisation was impressive but I think folk are going overboard about them - every single chance they got was through our mistakes. Not once did they play through us with their own ability, at our best we would have despatched of them. Guys like Rogic and Edouard literally never turned up.

9. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

This.

10. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    100% * :shamrock:

[​IMG]

Graeme1888, Murph-E and Marty McFly like this.
  11. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA