1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Salzburg Thurs 13th Dec KO 8pm Live on BT Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by stirfry999, Nov 30, 2018.

Discuss Celtic v Salzburg Thurs 13th Dec KO 8pm Live on BT Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Even in the league this season we have dropped points to teams who press us high up the park . We seem to panic when teams do this to us and our passing goes to pot . We need to start stopping crosses down both sides into our box aswell we make it far to easy

2. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    more often than not, we don't drop points in the spl though, teams can't get near us and we have too much quality for them especially at home your looking at -3 goals. we done a full season without getting beat too.

3. celtic warrior

Aye this Salzburg team were outstanding they have obviously got the a great mix of fitness and football ability, maybe there might be something we can learn from that as they didn't seem to tire all game and made it feel like they were paying with 15 men not 11.

How in the * they aren't in the CL is beyond me, but regardless here's hoping we can take the confidence of getting 9 points and beating a team like Leipzig, get a decent draw and go at least 1 stage better then lay season.

Twisty and Artorias like this.
  4. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    [​IMG] Cannae believe that mad gaffer actually did that haha

5. Diamond D

Thanks mate, decent support from Salburg last night too. With all respect I hope we don't meet and youse get put out cause we'd get another absolute spanking

6. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I felt our response to the Salzburg press was stubborn and incorrect. We tried to carry the ball out of defense too much, when it was simply hazardous to try this.

7. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Huns on meltdown about it, the world is full of Fenians

Artorias likes this.
  8. Belgian_lad

Tbh we were woefully prepared. Salzburg knew exactly what and when we were going to do. I dont buy into that some players didnt turn up. They were just shown their limitations by a tactically far superior side. Then were getting frustrated and put their heads down.

At least Salzburg played it fair and just beat every team in the group.

Artorias, MagicBallBhoy and JC Anton like this.
  9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We definitely had too many players off the boil last night, especially Rogic he wasn’t able to link the play at all. In hindsight we were tactically naive to play our expansive 4-1-4-1 against the diamond of there’s. Truth is they have better players all over the park and it showed. And it’s hard to blame BR for going with the same team that has been flying domestically, the gulf in class was a hard watch tho.

Twisty likes this.
  10. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Need to pass them off the park. Our passing was atrocious last night and thats how we struggled so much.

We need to move the ball really well to counter that kind of press. Quick 1-2s to get the ball up the park, isolate their CBs. When their defender got a yellow card we should have been targeting him with Forrest.

We have the players and the quality to play like that, and we saw a couple of fleeting glimpses of it last night. Need to work on our bottle though. Its one thing being intimidated by teams like Barca and Bayern, but if we start crumbling at the sight of an Austrian energy drinks company then we'll never get anywhere in Europe.

11. Belgian_lad

I agree, many didnt get to top speed. But for instance Rogic, each time he was closed down imm. But when u looked the flank players they always closed the possible passing lines to our flanks. So u had the man pressure on the central players in our team, then u had the smart defending and closing down our passing lines. That was tactical masterclass in my opinion. Cant blame BR for that. Salzburg have a system they implemented since Rangnick was there. And Salzburg play it very well. Added by the higher quality of players we saw the result. If BR ever leaves, someone should remember the number for that manager lol.

JC Anton likes this.
  12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I felt we actually played better against bayern than we did last night

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

13. Belgian_lad

I dont think we have that quality to play like that. Salzburg have been playing in the same system for almost ten years. They scout and buy players who have the skills to slot perfectly in a role. They sell their best players but seem to be getting stronger or equally as strong. As they scout well. And the money they get is considereable higher then what we have. That helps too.

As much as i despise the energy drink marketing system. I like that way of playing football.

MagicBallBhoy and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

:fear:

Artorias and Belgian_lad like this.
  15. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Salzburg are just a better side than us. As much as we weren't great in both games against them they were on a different planet than us at times.

Twisty likes this.
  16. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

As
    Much as it hurts to say I have to agree. That is a very very good team. Might be worth a punt for them to win the whole thing.

Having said that, our last 10-20 mins we looked like ourselves again. Sometimes in Europe it's like we have mental block. You look at Tierney, benkovic and Forrest they seemed unfazed by the occasion last night. As much as he missed a howler I thought ajer done alright too. But the rest looked terrified at times. Mentality aside, I just think jozo is a club that's too big for him mind.

17. Belgian_lad

He suits our colours

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Their manager was a class act in all honesty. Before during and after the game..

Fair play..

Belgian_lad and charlietully like this.
  19. James Murray

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    roll of honour
    Tore Reginiussen:36:

20. Murph-E

James "Murr" Murray is a Celtic man, happy days.