1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Ross County (15:00 GMT - Saturday, 31/03/18)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Mar 18, 2018.

Discuss Celtic v Ross County (15:00 GMT - Saturday, 31/03/18) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Well played sir!

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Sky And BT Sport updates

Lilac Wine likes this.
  3. jamiebhoy67

Lads is tht 4 red cards straight? In 4 games ?? Aberdeen huns motherwell snd today? Crazy the 3 except the huns have all.been broony been sayin for a while now people in scottish want to be the one to "stop" broony the jealousy rips out them

neilly1987 and Lilac Wine like this.
  4. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Coward's move that. I would not blame Brown one bit if he ends that *'s career next time we play them.

Crilly, StPauli1916 and McChiellini.. like this.
  5. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Cheers Notorious :50:

Connie McGluaghlin (sp) seems a better commentator than most men I've heard. She was spot on about the horrendous challenge on Broony, the Ross County captain coming out of nowhere when Brown was already on the ground and the "disclaimer, if you're a man you won't want to see that again." Too right, I've seen it once and don't want to see it again. Thought she was right about Forrest's contribution to Rogic's excellent goal too. Plus forecasting Griffiths introducion which might have seemed obvious but she was short and to the point.

@Random Review although I don't like to see any career ending injuries especially as a sporting career is short enough I wouldn't cry if he was put out of action for a few months because when you think of the training players go through and the strength in their legs, to use them as weapons in such a cowardly way when Broony was already on the deck is absolutely disgraceful and he should be ashamed of himself, especially as he's the captain who is meant to set an example.

I definitely won't be feeling any sympathy for them going down even if they are the huns bogey team.

6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Nah, you live by the sword, you die by the sword. That's different from the "winder uppers" and "calmer downers" that are a part of some players' (including Brooney's) games. It's also different from fighting and even trying to take players out of the game.

It was a cowardly attempt to cause serious harm to a player lying prone on the ground and completely unaware that you are there. * him. I won't lose any sleep if some challenge sometime soon means he has to quit football and get a real job.

Liam Scales, pop47 and Lilac Wine like this.
  7. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    My apologies as I have to appreciate your argument because whenever I've seen players make over the ball tackles it makes me feel physically sick but also what you're saying, you live by the sword you die by the sword because that's another tackle a player can't see coming because it's not part of the game. So aye, if they want to be cowards causing violent long term injuries then they can't complain if it happens to them. Thank * most players just play the game and don't have dark thoughts that have nothing to do with playing the ball.

Random Review likes this.
  8. pop47

* should be charged with assault.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  9. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Two things that have preoccupied me about that sending off.

1- Ian Turner on the BBC repeatedly said Davies was sent off for "retaliation". Giving him the benefit of the doubt I assume he hadn't seen any replays :39: when he kept saying this but I still don't see how he can view it like that watching the video. It perpetuates the notion that Brooonie is always in some way at fault when someone assaults him.
    2- I think it is interesting in terms of how people like to criticise the SPL for being a "pub league" that it is a former EPL player that does that.

Lilac Wine and Random Review like this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BBC highlights

11. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Very comfortable win as expected yesterday. But lots of encouraging signs for the run in Armstrong was back to the best of his form from last season right from the off and was well worthy of the man of the match award. Roberts and Griffiths both got decent run outs in the second half and we showed in some flashes more of the form of last season although we were not as clinical in the final third as we could have been.
    The tackle on Brown by Davies was an absolute horror show. Will be interesting to see how long of a ban he gets for that one as it should be longer for that blatant attempt to seriously injury Brown. Was interested to see how aggressively and how quickly Armstrong reacted to protect and stand up for Brown another positive sign from him.

12. Heb Celt

No further punishment for that scumbag Davies assault on Broony.Disgrace of a decision,giving the green light for anyone to assault our players.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I can see us winning this .........................3 nil.

14. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I totally agree on point 1, mate. It's very worrying indeed.

Personally I don't particularly worry about point 2; I personally think this kind of nasty, sly thing gets worse the further south you go in Europe, so I'm not particularly surprised to learn from you that this * has played down the road in that respect (I'm surprised he ever had the quality to get in an EPL team, but that's another matter entirely).

I'm worried that more of a big deal isn't being made of this in Scotland. If it had been Broony on one of their players, you can be sure there would be calls for him to be banned sin die; but it seems that Broony is fair game.

The more I see that, the angrier I feel.

Broony is no angel, we've all seen him put in bad tackles and even stamp on players and I certainly don't condone that (although there are plenty of players like that in Scotland); but if you watch, it's never a dangerous area of the body and he lifts his weight and pushes his leg (and if he's really * off, rakes the studs like a rugby player). The intention is to gain revenge (or occasionally a tactical advantage) by causing a lot of pain without causing real damage.

Then there are more dangerous players like that c*** Lasley. These players do everything that players like Broony do, but in addition, they clearly don't care if someone gets badly injured along the way and so sometimes players do. In my opinion, not enough is made of this kind of thing in Scotland. How many bad injuries do they cause? But the media are too busy quoting huns claiming players need protection from Brown. Go figure.

However in my opinion this is a different animal altogether. You watch this back, this * actually waits for Broony to be in a vulnerable position, chooses a very vulnerable part of the anatomy and plants his full weight. He could easily have ended Brown's career with an injury to the pelvis and I wonder if that wasn't perhaps his intention. At any rate, it was definitely an attempt to cause serious harm (not just pain). I honestly think him sitting out the rest of the season would not be too heavy a punishment. I don't understand why this is not a bigger deal. And his manager approvingly quotes how he apologised to his teammates as if that's it OK now. * mental.

One things for sure: justice better be done here. If he gets off with a 2 or 3 match ban, I have no doubt that he will be targeted for revenge. As I say, I wouldn't lose any sleep over that; but we need Broony too much for him to be sitting in the stands for a long ban.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  15. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Surely you are joking?

16. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Thank * Ross County are for the drop. Team of hatchet men which was shown on Saturday. Offer nothing to the league, good riddance.

17. Heb Celt

18. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry