1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Liverpool Dublin August 10th (K.O 5pm).

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Celtic Way, Mar 24, 2013.

Discuss Celtic v Liverpool Dublin August 10th (K.O 5pm). in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BelfastCelt88

Couldn't believe the amount of Liverpool fans, delighted we managed to get the win. Isn't cheap down there cost my mate 55euro for a carryout :56:

2. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Well Liverpool were formed from a group of Orangemen who broke away from Everton, thats a good start mate. Dont get me wrong, i had a soft spot for Liverpool when Dalglish went to them, but back then i was a wean, i grew out of the boy thing of supporting an english team when i realised Celtic is big enough to support, you dont need another team, unless yer an epl fud:icon_mrgreen:

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    [​IMG]

Logic failure

4. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    :56::56::56:

5. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    I never said you said that. Read my post ffs :87:

Plus I know what you said and even that comment indicates that you think the push was in a non-joking manner :smiley-laughing002:

Agree with the second half of that, but to say that we didn't show up is way wide of the mark I think. We more than held our own, especially in that first half.

6. champions100%

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We're we massively outnumbered for this? Hail Hail

7. Lanz

No, but you did say

More or less implying i was saying it was meant to provoke lennon or it was with malice (your words, not mine).

I just happened to call him a * (already explained why), as i posted the video for others to see it. Not my fault you put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5 :rolleyes:

But just to be sure there is no more confusion. Here is what i said about 20 minutes after it happened.

[​IMG]

I'll be here in 4 days time if you want to reply :bbpd:

8. Mr. Slippyfist

I understand what he means, even if a slight facepalm is deserved :56::56::56:

9. murphy88

Aye, by quite a bit inside the ground mate. But more by Irish Liverpool fans. I use the term fans there loosely. I think I only heard one or two scouse accents the whole weekend. I'm still waiting on a song from them though, up there with some of the worst fans I've heard for atmosphere.

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I know, just an unfortunate wording :56:

11. fonsai

They are a bunch of sheep brainwashed by sky and this 'best league in the world mince'
    Celtic and non EPL fans here give them west brits great stick don't you worry

12. murphy88

Aye, we were getting told by a few boys from Dublin I know about it. They were slating them big time to be fair. Saying exactly the same as what you said.

13. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    What rogers means is failure down in the epl is OK because its got nothing to do with football now and everything to do with cash flow. Being 2nd, 3rd, 4th for english teams seems to be success, even tho i think its failure.

14. daveybhoy1

Hi new poster here, I was at the game on Saturday and was in with a mixture of Celtic and Liverpool fans. It was a great atmosphere from the Celtic fans, awful from Liverpool. I don't mind Dublin people supporting the epl we've been brought up watch it. What's wrong with supporting both sides? I know a lot of people who support Celtic along with United or Liverpool. For the people who say Celtics Irish support has dropped, it definitely hasn't, Celtic are one of the most supported teams here. I feel more of a connection to Celtic then any English side, but I would rather Irish people supported their local club in the league of Ireland along with Celtic or Liverpool, that's the real problem over here. I go to Bohemians matches every Friday and have a great time, its a great atmosphere and cheap enough to pay in. Its embarrassing that so little people support our league.

15. Celtic_Mel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I was in Belfast for most of the weekend and travelled down to Dublin on a supporters bus. There were both Celtic and Liverpool fans on it so it was a good laugh.

I wasn't in Dublin long obviously with just being there for the game, but of all the Liverpool fans I heard/seen, not one of them had a scouse accent which I was quite amazed at. It made it look like hardly any of us had travelled and thousands of them travelled, when really it was quite the opposite because I think 90% of there support were Irish.

A lot of Irish in the Celtic support too of course, but a lot of Scottish accents as well so was great to see so many of us had travelled to the game.

I was in the lower tier behind the goal and the atmosphere was incredible. You could see a lot of the Liverpool fans watching us instead of the game. Quite a few of them were sitting beside us as well and it was just great to go to the football for once and be friendly with each other and be so relaxed.

Was so happy with the team performance, so many things to be positive about. When I seen the line-ups I thought we would struggle. But the team did us proud. It really topped off a great weekend for me!

16. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    I wish more lhads in Ireland would support a local team plus Celtic as their other club side. I also wish lads in Scotland didny bother supporting an epl side. When i was a wean i liked liverpool, but then i grew up and realised Celtic are more than big enough, ya dont need to support english sides, they get enough money, support Celtic and take an intrest in an Irish Club like Cliftonville, Derry, Bohs etc:shamrock::50:

17. midlandbhoy

+1

18. md1981

So do we now own Dublin?

19. Efe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U7o6MTeUaU"]Funny Celtic Fan - YouTube[/ame]

20. PackieBonner80

Someone mentioned that 90% of the support there was Irish, why would this even be a surprise? Of course some scouse would travel, and likely a good few scots as celtic have better travelling support, but this fixture was organised as Celtic, liverpool and Man U are by the far the 3 biggest teams in Ireland.
    Everyone knows my dislike of the EPL and their teams in general, but I dont have any axe to grand with liverpool, i even lived there for a year. Surprised at a lot of the negative comments on here, sometimes us celtic fans come accross like we have huge chips on our shoulders.

To be fair im around 30 now and lot of liverpool supporting mates started in the late 80's as the glory era was still going, sure we were only kids. I wouldnt call them glory hunters as they havnt come close to winning a league in 23 years! fair enough they have won plenty of cups, but its the Man U fans that are the glory hunters.

Anyway, its only celtic for me and that's the way it will always be!