1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Internazionale (Thursday 19/02/15, K.O. 20:05, BT Sports 1)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Vertie Auld, Feb 14, 2015.

Discuss Celtic v Internazionale (Thursday 19/02/15, K.O. 20:05, BT Sports 1) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's great that we've made such progress but we mustn't forget that the weakest part of that Inter team is their defence. The Juve team that beat us 3-0 in the last 16 would have beaten us 3-0 again last night. They were just as clinical as Inter but defended much better.

The idea of that Juve team losing that second goal is a joke. The first and third were tougher to defend but the defender would have been much, much tighter on Guidetti for the third and would probably have got a toe in and Armstrong's run would have been tracked for the third

2. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I agree Inter didn't just have two chances, Inter played well going forward, real fluidity between the attacking players, i thought Inter was out-fought centrally in the middle of the park, Brown and Johansen apart from the first 15-20 mins had the upper hand on Medel and Kuzmanovic.

Defensively we both played a high line and that just spelled trouble for both of us. We have quite quick centre backs but it won't always save you.

The issue for us in the return leg is if we make the same mistakes again and provide Inter with even a goal or two goal lead, we won't have our amazing fans to drag us back into it. It is paramount the game stays as close as possible or even grab an early goal.

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Izzy was targeted by Inter and they pushed their fullback right on top of him, he didn't know where to position himself. We will need to address this for the return.
    I think it stems from Bitton(who was excellent) and Brown both being right sided, there seems much more space on that side of the park. Armstrong will learn to cover better too.

3-3 is a good result for Inter and Shaqiri is a genuine world class player, if he plays well next week, Inter will win.

4. _OC_

That's fair, but still doesn't change the fact that you're purposely shying away from the fact that we could've easily won the game, just as well as you could.
    From the top of my head, you're forgetting Palacio's one on one which he scoffed (probably the best chance of the game that didn't result in a goal, if that's #7 on your little list, you're just mistaking the player), Kuzmanovic's shot from outside the box just after one of the goals, Shaqiri's shot that had Gordon stretching to the outmost of his ability, and of course the freekick at the end.

Yes.

5. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Id prefer us to go the same as we did at home against them, soon as the game kicks off, shut them down, harass them, play openly at high tempo and get forward and put them under pressure.

They couldnt keep the pace with us at CP, I think they were timewasting mostly to get a breather, there was one point with about 5 minutes to go where as one of their players was down faking injury, 3 of their other players were all down too, 2 defenders and a midfielder sitting/crouching on the ground. Mackay Steven looked the only player in our team who was done in yet most of their team did.

Before the home game I wanted us to be cautious and keep it tight and keep a clean sheet but seeing how the game panned out and how they defended and looked. I want us to go to the away game to score goals and win.

6. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I agree we need to play our high pressing game, but we need to be a lot smarter and choose the moments carefully. Additionally cut out the mistakes and i think we can get a positive result in Milan.

7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I actually wouldnt even worry about them, we have nothing to lose and have to win. If I was Ronny i'd be drilling into the players all week that we want to go there attack from the start and target scoring 3 goals again. If we get beat we get beat but play fully open attacking football, let Denayer and Van Dijk get forward etc

Of course it could back fire and end up with us being pumped 4-0 or something but I think we are more than capable of scoring 2/3 goals there which could be enough.

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We did seem to be a lot fitter and the high tempo pressing game won't be changed. It's exciting, but Inter may have a little too much this season. Next season we'll more of a unit, defending and attacking as a unit.

9. BhoysInGreen

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura. Current: Van Dijk/Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry, Willie Maley
    There's a CalcioNapoli24.it Facebook page with some post about us, Inter, and Napoli a few hours ago. Any Italian speaker care to give the gist of it? I'm too dumb and lazy to post a screenshot.

I think this link should work: https://www.facebook.com/CalcioNapoli24.it/posts/938897366134902:0

Seems the Napoli fans are giving us props, hoping we pump them out lol

Did we have some banner perhaps with a Napoli or Serie A reference? No idea.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
  10. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

So then, We score, don't let them score & we are there
    if we press high as well:icon_mrgreen:

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Napoli Used to have a rivalrie with Inter in the Eighties while not a derby the hate is still strong.

12. BhoysInGreen

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura. Current: Van Dijk/Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry, Willie Maley
    Was thinking that. Just curious if there was a particular event during the game, maybe where our fans chanted something. Probably some "get it up ye" moment, like when Barca fans had Irish flags when they played the Huns.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

would say it's more Napoli taunting inter fans over them being * just now :smiley-laughing002:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
  14. shieldsybhoy

Just a very small, slightly off topic point, but in big games like that, I really dont think we should have 'goal music'.

It reminds me of watching the Football League show. We aren't * Huddersfield playing Port Vale. We're playing Inter Milan with 60,000 fans bellowing behind the team. Surely the roar of the crowd is more than enough to build an atmosphere after a goal.

Seems cheap and plastic.

Fair enough in league games when the crowd isn't that big and isn't that pumped but it was a bit embarrassing.

15. port boy

Good post, I totally agree. I would have posted it myself, but I'm not allowed to be negative.

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

:smiley-laughing002:

If you were chocolate you would probably eat yourself, then get the trots, then * out what you usually post.

Love yourself much?

17. port boy

Still following me around Sean? You must be exhausted, poor soul.

Btw if you could find time in your busy schedule, could you explain why agreeing with another poster is vain?

18. Crispy Bacon

Fav Celtic Player:
    at present-Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    :smiley-laughing002: Poetry

19. _OC_

Wanted to ask someone who went to the game how our fans were?

Italian teams have a bit of a reputation when going away in Europe, as you might well know, so just wanted to get a idea of how our boys behaved themselves.

20. shieldsybhoy

There were fights after our 3rd goal and the stewards had some work to do as the Inter fans rushed towards our fans. I was in the North stand and had a clear view of this.

Loads of them were in the same bar as me after the game though and they were all behaving themselves.