1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v ICT semi Sunday 19th @ 12.15pm

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by scomur1888, Mar 19, 2015.

Discuss Celtic v ICT semi Sunday 19th @ 12.15pm in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    I guess we'll have to wait and see if he does say anything. I'll be extremely surprised if he does say anything, though, because no matter what he comes away with, he'll be talking rubbish.

No one is blaming the loss entirely on the handball incident as there were plenty of other incidents throughout the match McLean * up on.

However, even if we miss that penalty, they would have been reduced to 10 men and it would have been an entirely different game and we would have still been one up. They got away with that call and got away with not having a man sent off. Huge boost for them and not one but two massive let offs.

It could be said that we contributed to our own downfall with Gordon getting sent off the way he did, but like I have said before, trying to play a normal game when the officials are so blatantly inept can be nigh on impossible.

Alan Muir was the * who was 10 feet away from the handball incident and Andrew Dallas was the official on the other goal line.

2. seanm

This...

3. seanm

Is it just me or does peter lawell being on the sfa not sit well. I know keep your enemies closer and all that. Sorry if posted in wrong forum newbie.
    Nice statement from the club regarding handball incident. Classy concise and leaves the referees and sfa no wriggle room.

4. Sydneysider

Seriously, did anyone NOT think, given an opportunity, certain officials might try to "help" Caley block the treble ?

We get a ref whose brother played for the Huns and although born in Scotland opted to represent Norn Iron because of their family connections to the North ? Interesting ! ...and completely impartial of course !

The saddest bit is that ( I suspect) our manager and most of our squad dont really know about the toxic nature of the Orange/ Masonic effect on Scottish soccer and society in general and have never experienced the bigotry close up.

They probably thought it was just * poor refereeing.

Neil Lennon had these turds completely sussed, that's why they hated him so much.

5. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Wow, those pics don't paint a pretty picture do they, lol.

Jeezo.

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Every Tim in the stadium seen it, Ronny seen it, the players seen it, Craig Gordon seen it... Yet the three men paid to see it, didn't. Not just one of them, three of them, from varying angles!

Right you * are china!

7. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson

We have lost a total of 5 games domestically this season and this guy has been the ref for 3 of them.

8. D'Ecosse

I'm not getting into inept vs incompetence vs deliberate 'blind eye' of the referee and assistants - but honestly can't see how the SFA could possibly be thrilled about having ICT in the final over Celtic - the numbers who go to Hampden in May will demonstrate quite clearly that the SFA would have greatly preferred Celtic - and their fans - to be there over ICT. It was already a major fail for them that Falkirk won over Hibs, who would have taken a bigger support to Hampden and frankly play better, flowing attacking football.
    But Falkirk vs ICT? Gimme a break, SFA's worst nightmare situation.
    The few buses that Falkirk bring to Hampden will be the ones parked in front of their goalkeeper.

ICT vs Falkirk ............
    How many are going to turn up at stadium?
    What kind of atmosphere will it generate when its at best 1/2 full and more likely 1/4.
    Who is going to watch it on TV - in Scotland? In England? Rest of the World?
    For those who do, what kind of atmosphere are they going to witness?

What would the rest of the World see as a better spectacle - Celtic vs Hibs or Falkirk vs Inverness Cale-freakin-Thistle?

This is a MONUMENTOUS failure for the SFA and it not only hurts that one game, but their ability to negotiate new contracts with the TV companies (at which they have already proved miserably incapable). It's a disastrous result which has huge consequences.

So I would conclude that no-one in the SFA itself could actually have felt at all smug about Celtic not being there. Unless they are even more incompetent than already perceived ............

Refereeing team however? ...............................

9. shieldsybhoy

This whole thing about this final being 'good for Scottish football'.

How are two teams chopping it about a massive stadium that is a quarter full good for Scottish football in any way shape or form.

It will make it even more of a laughing stock.

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I reckon it'll be quite a good game actually, I like watching Yogi's teams and anytime I've saw Falkirk they play decent football.

Scottish Football is changing for the better, a lot more coaches trying to play the game properly.

11. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    We weren't good enough, simple as that.

Let's move on, and hopefully win the treble next year.

12. DonTimCorleone

hope they both get humped