1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v CFR Cluj Tues 13th Aug KO 7:45pm Live on Celtic TV including the UK and Ireland.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by stirfry999, Aug 10, 2019.

Discuss Celtic v CFR Cluj Tues 13th Aug KO 7:45pm Live on Celtic TV including the UK and Ireland. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Belfast_Bhoy

Here we go, 10 in a row

2. Darnok

Ntcham is far from a cracking player, he has been ineffectual for 80% of his time here.

3. Mr Diggler

Tonight was a shambles. How we went 3-2 up with 12 minutes to go and still lost 4-3 at home to a hard working but limited team I don't know. McGregor at left back was madness. He is our best midfielder. Johnston has great potential but is not at the required level yet. Morgan is hopeless. Jozo shouldn't be keeping our record defensive signing out of the team. Bain is a decent goalie but decent isn't good enough at this level.

The key problem with our club is that we are run as a business not a football club. We should be run as a business AND a football club. We have a billionaire owner who is * about. A CEO more worried about the balance sheet. He should be CEO of Tesco then. I like Neil Lennon but he was the wrong choice for me. We should have thanked him sincerly for his service. But it is what it is.

It looks like we will be facing the Swedish Champions to qualify for the Europa league. Tough games ahead. Certainly not anywhere near as straightforward as last year. We need to invest now. Lawell makes me absolutely sick. He makes me want to vomit. No amount of spending can change that now for me. But some spending will make me more confident that Lenny will do ok.

BroxBhoy94, ciaran72 and Artorias like this.
  4. Darnok

Fair enough. We can agree that there are other problems.:50:

5. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Just checked and if we are lucky enough to get to Europa Group Stages it's possibly thet KT could make a quick return to Celtic Park as we could draw Arsenal in the Group stages.

6. jimbobers Gold Member Gold Member

Feel like I’ve been kicked in the balls , thought we would easily beat cluj tonight, why have 10 million worth of defenders on the bench and morgan before sinclair ? Lenny has to take a lot of the blame tonight and calmac at left back ?

7. ddub11

After tonight,im struggling to see us win again in europe this season ,but i like your optimism.

8. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    No chance we are beating AIK either * shambolic

9. gazb1888

EL group stages.. Don't jump the gun..

10. ThisIsGhod

Tonight has confirmed we’re not a champions league club anymore we’re now a Europa League club.

11. RiquelmeCSC

I said the other night that Lennon is doing the same as before and picking his favourites. I was shot down by someone who said I was talking pish. If tonight doesn’t prove my point then nothing will.

pop47 likes this.
  12. ddub11

* result,done a bad job interview earlier.......im putting it down to a bad day.....better days ahead(i hope)where me Beer.

The67Sound likes this.
  13. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

This is what happens when you don’t do the logical thing and strengthen before the important games of the season.

Once again we have tried to wing it with what we have and once again we have made a * of it.

All it would have taken is a bit of forward planning in choosing some suitable targets and getting them in before these crucial games.

We have showed in the past we don’t need to spend a lot of money to pick up quality players but our scouting has been non existent for quite some time now. The days of your Van Dijk’s, Wanyama’s etc feel like a distant memory.

ciaran72 likes this.
  14. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

we dont defend well as a unit and it been like that for years and years it kinda comes about because we dont have to be great at defending to win domestically as you know. so when we step up a level the players get really tested and yes the lb rb cbs makes some mistakes but so does every defender in the world its the rest of the team that are not savvy at how to defend

rodgers or strachans team wouldnt have got a lesson like that tonight

we played like we didnt have any tactics at all

taking magregor out of the midfield tonight for the first time this season completely * our game up

its a priority we get a left back that can defend in! and its a priority we get into the europe league to improve with experience these cracking young players we have

im not sure neil lennon actually picked boli and the big center half we signed because hes surely would have played at least one of them tonight

15. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    only 2 teams before tonight have ever come to celtic park in europe and scored 4 goals, Partizan Belgrade and PSG, so losing 4 goals to * Cluj is an absolute joke. Barcelona, AC, Inter, Man U, Liverpool all came to celtic park and couldn't score 4 goals against us.

Tactics from Lennon were abysmal. McGregor at LB * was Lennon thinking.
    Brown was awful, Ntcham did his usual disappearing act, Johnston's not good enough to start, subbing him for Morgan was even worse, Griffiths should have been the first sub but Sinclair should have started before both of these inexperineced youngsters in a game of this importance we need experiance.
    Bain proved he's not number 1 material for celtic, that penalty should have been an easy save. If we're not playing it out from the back much anymore an djust hoofing it to the middle then Gordon can do that and he's a much better shot stopper than Bain.
    10 Million pounds worth fo defenders sitting on the bench, why did we even buy Jullien he barely plays, I know bolingoli is amixed bag but he would have been better than McGregor at LB or at least play hayes there.
    Forrest, Christie and Edouard are the only players who get pass marks tonight and maybe the RB but he was caught sleeping for Cluj's 3rd.

we have a team that will do well in scotland but the league will be a challenge this season, anyone who thinks otherwise are deluding themselves, the Masons in black will be making sure of it especially this season.

Desmon and Lawell have just over 2 weeks to salvage this season but we all know they wont now. * them as this is entirely their fault for letting us get to this stage.

Dalbeth3 and ciaran72 like this.
  16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I did say it.

* not changed as a manager one bit. Stupid selections and stupid substitutions still.

17. HoratiuL

Greetings from Cluj , guys! Don't be mad, good luck in UEL !

Jo-Jo-Buffon likes this.
  18. Cringer67

Where to begin? What is certain is that Something need to be done after this complete and utter cluster * of a night. Lawell has had it too * easy for too long due to sevcos demise and time and time again we have lapped it up because we have ended up winning a one horse race. He brought in Rodgers but one could argue he also caused him leave. What followed was the Lennon appointment in the showers -utterly tragic in every way possible, papered over by the cup win of course. Every man and his dog knew that tierney was away this summer, yet boli is the best we could come up with. Even if tierney stayed, he was * injured and with Izzy ( don’t get me started on that) leaving , we needed a left back regardless. We signed Julien who on paper looked a solid signing. During the Mickey Mouse rounds of qualifying he wasn’t even given a sniff, management citing lack of fitness. I’m
    Sorry, but if you don’t trust a £7m signing to beat a mid table Estonian side, half fit or otherwise, then there’s already a massive problem. Despite this being the best time to get him aquatinted and up to speed, Lennon said he wasn’t ready, ignoring the fact we were playing utter mugs and there would be no better time to get him match fit. Regarding tonight’s match- We give the board a hard enough time but I’m sorry , Lennon has to fall on his sword on this one. To drop his own signing and then play our best midfielder, by a country mile, at left back is nothing short of pure negligence. Not only are we then vulnerable on the left, our midfield is significantly weaker by him playing there. So it’s a double whammy. Ugh. I’m so * angry. What an absolute disaster of a night. I’ve had arguments with a few on here saying we are gonna * everything up and give away our title and I was nothing short of ridiculed. I hope these people start getting their head out of the sand. We have a fight on our hands , make no mistake about that. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just as deluded as our board.

Dalbeth3, Morcombe and ciaran72 like this.
  19. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Thats
    Why we should have got Mcgin we didn't all bcos of 500 K

20. Sgt Neppers*

The moving of Calmac was a double down * decision. It weakened us in the centre of the park and at LB. Boli is no KT but he is better than Calmac at Lb. Just one of many * choices made by our management and players tonight. Cluj are good but through our * stupidity made them look brilliant.

We missed Calmac big time tonight. His prsence in the centre of the park would have eased the pressure on already unsettled defence.

Its really sad that Parkhead was considered a fortress, a place to be feared and respected. It seems no teams think like that and consider us fair game for 3pts.

So many issues to be addressed tonight from the tight arsed board, to poor management and some criminal decisions from the players. Another golden opportunity to further the club messed up by.... The club itself.