1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Ajax 22 October 7.45pm KO

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Ciaran_67, Oct 18, 2013.

Discuss Celtic v Ajax 22 October 7.45pm KO in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Agreed,that was out of order

2. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Provocations?

That is what happens at Football matches,to rip up seats and fire them is just an act of an idiot.

3. MartinR

i disagree with parts of your post mate, thought use were very quite the 2nd half, which is very strange going on your away fans from previous games, i was sitting in 110, and use seem to just sit there apart from the odd song now and again, expected alot more.

theres going to be around 12,000 fans in the dam so im sure youll eb able to get a pint with some of us :50:

also theres a lot of like minded people who enjoyed the fact use brought a hostile atmosphere, theres not been one at celtic park for years i really enjoyed it.

looking forward to the dam, think well beat use 2-1 again:icon_mrgreen:

4. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Ajax will probably play the exact same way as the other night....possession football that gets them nowhere.

We have handled Barça's possession football with relative ease so I'd think that we will be able to do the same in Amsterdam.....Our away performances have vastly improved under Lennon and our fast counter attacking football will put your dodgy defence under a lot of scrutiny

I must say, that was one of the poorest home performances I've seen in the CL in recent years (mainly down to injuries/suspensions and not having an out and out goalscorer) yet we still won.....our defence is solid now and I'd be very surprised if your team could put more than 1 goal past them....Fischer may have been very quiet because he was up against Lustig (the first choice right back for Sweden)..

IMO, our wingers (Forrest, Samaras and Boerrigter) will have a field day against your full backs on the counter-attack

We will have a much stronger squad going to Amsterdam....Apart from Ledley, no one on our bench on Tuesday would get a regular game for us

Ajax 1-2 Celtic is my prediction

5. CFC_67_88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fraser Forster
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Victor Wanyama
    what happened? :97:

6. Jungo

* the Ajax fans I was right beside them and they were scum

7. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao

Pretty poor given the length of the post that you don't give our team or our fans credit once - a bit like that * De Boer. I felt we were comfortable for long stages of the match, we were missing 4 of our regular starting 11 including our most creative player so we were never going to create a bundle of chances, but we still came close to going 3-0 up in the 2nd half.

You won't beat us in Amsterdam, we'll get at least a point and knock you out again like we did in 2001. Benfica had the same cockyness last year, and we eliminated them for the 3rd time running. We've qualified for the Knockout Stages 3 times since Ajax were last there so we've certainly got a better European pedigree this century. I'm confident we'll get 3rd. :50:

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I think Ajax were pretty * to be honest, never seen a team pass it around there own 18 yard box as much as they did. Pass to defender, pass to keeper, pass to defender, pass to keeper.

Was rather bollocks.

9. Dopey63

SUPERJOOD, as soon as your referred to 2 fans as 'faggots' you have shown yourself to be as obnoxious as the '20?' Ajax fans who were
    'Provoked!?-are you for real? To throw seats at Celtic fans! Pathetic!

10. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Read the last page or two of this thread and you will see.

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I tell you what there easily wound up..

2 guys obviously mates who stuck the same cards up with different messages about * a section of Ajax fans and fc twente led to the attacks in the crowd..

Anger issues,maybe they should spend less time in grounds and more time in the gym letting off steam or getting there hole or smoking a dooby the 2 reasons why the city is famous in the first place and supposed to chill you out..:97:

Ironic that..

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Take them away from the weed for a day and they all go bonkers :56:

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Maybe they were fighting with the coppers to get out the ground as they were getting paranoid and clucking for another draw :shamrock:

14. CFC_67_88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fraser Forster
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Victor Wanyama
    just seen it, * sake

15. SpellCheck92

The person who wrote article that read Celtic ''Wiped the floor with Ajax'' clearly has selective memory syndrome. Ajax certainly were the better side on the ball but were poor upfront. I think your wrong in saying we created virtually nothing. We had vital players out but we took our chances and I think we deserved to win the game.

The game in Amsterdam will suit probably suit Celtic more as Ajax will have to take the game to us rather than passing the ball about their back line and goalkeeper. This should provide Celtic with opportunities to catch Ajax on the counter attack.

16. Cmcgregor90

* ajax superjood only thing that's super is Feyenoord :50:

17. Cmcgregor90

There's a video on youtube when they where in camp nou they started tearing down the netting that separated them from barca they then at the end tryed to provoke stewards who basically wanted them out of the ground

18. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Superjood

For me the Celtic v Ajax game was no big deal,nothing major happened, but fans in Scotland have become soft and easily offended over the years. We now live in a Police State when it comes to football and some of the guys that go to football over here probably wouldn't have went years ago.

I remember when Celtic had a fanatical support but its been changing for the worst since the mid 90's.

Every fan has the right to support their own team in a way they choose, but some modern types of fan (even some from the good old days) think you must do it in a certain way ie the way they see things instead of letting other fans have a choice.

I didn't have a problem with the away section, but i'm not an Ajax fan either. Forza Feyenoord:86:

Safe Standing with drop down netting so missiles cannot get chucked thats the answer.

But i'll probably got shot down for this.

19. Shane1888

We never 'wiped the floor' with them at all, they did have a lot of possession in the first half and created a few good chances.

The first goal was a clear penalty and you always need a bit of luck when you're the underdog, especially in Europe, and we got that with Kayal's goal. We were undone by a cruel deflection off of Izaguirre over in Milan last month, so it evened itself out really.

20. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    We will do well to get a draw in the ArenA