1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Survivor

Discussion in 'Competition Corner' started by Taz, May 26, 2019.

Discuss Celtic Survivor in the Competition Corner area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  2. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    This game is going to be quite a unique experience, even for me, as this will be virtually a first for pretty much everyone, so everyone is going to be in the same boat of having to figure it out as they go along.

The only thing you have to do, is stay alive in the game, while each round at least 1 person will be eliminated.

I will have all the Rules posted up overnight.

Other than that, if people want more of an idea, they can either look up Survivor, or I can provide links for episodes etc, so people get an idea of how it all works in advance.

3. borobob

Fav Celtic Player:
    Juninho
    :84::84::84:
    I've been sussed

4. Pinstripe

@Taz
    Just PM me mate, let me know what you need.

Taz likes this.
  5. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Welcome to Celtic Survivor!

[​IMG]

This is Parkhead, and at it's heart: Paradise. Located in the east end of Glasgow, it is home to the 8IAR Scottish Champions. From the humble charitable origins, Celtic rose to dominance and became the first British side to win European football's greatest prize.

This we all know.

But now it is the battleground, as 18 individuals from across TalkCeltic begin a quest unlike any other previously undertaken on this site.

It's the ultimate challenge. 18 people forced to work together to create a new society while battling the forum and each other. They must learn to adapt or they'll be voted out.

In the end only one will remain to claim the million dollar prize*.

39 days**

18 people

1... Survivor!!

[​IMG]

*Million dollar prize means you'll feel like a million dollars after winning an internet forum game. And if credits motivate these can be won as well. lol

**It won't actually be 39 days, more like 20.

_______________________________________________________________________________

In this thread will be all you need to know about how the game will work.

Who's Playing?

There are 18 contestants. Currently you have not been divided into teams. The event tonight will allocate the cast into two teams of nine. More information on how this will work will be revealed once the event begins this evening.

The contestants are:

@Big els @borobob @Cena @CheGuevara @Dazza @Deebo @Idioteque @JC Anton @Keano88 @Marie
    @Minty @obafgkmlt @Pennywise @Scotia @Seán Mac D @SPRING TIME @Tim-Time 1888 @V For Vendetta

Hosts

@Pinstripe and I are your Co-Hosts for this Game. Or Referees, if you will. So if you need to make us aware of anything, please tag both of us, in case one or the other is not about. If there is a dispute between players (at a challenge for instance), we will confer, but the Referee's decision is final.

We are here to perform various tasks and will be your guides through this game. We'll be running challenges etc, potentially ask questions in your Gaming and Voting Confessional, and making sure that this game runs as smoothly as possible. We are not here to influence decisions or effect the game aside from the running of it.

What happens in the Game is entirely up to you - we're just here to help!

Do not be afraid to question us if you feel we've made a mistake in any part of the administrative process, but also be respectful of when we make a final decision. These games are not without their controversies and we will do our best to make the fairest judgments.​

Format:

Survivor. This game will run as close to the rules of Survivor as can be.

How does it work? :43:

Each round will begin with an Immunity Challenge.

In this initial phase, it will involve one team winning the challenge and thus claiming immunity, and the other will have to vote off one of their own members.

There will be roughly until 9pm the following night for the voting deadline. So the better part of a full day between the end of the challenge and the voting deadline, so players can scramble, make deals etc.

At some stage, the two teams will merge into one larger squad and the process will continue, except that the Immunity Challenges will become individual, meaning that only a single person will be immune while the rest will be vulnerable.

Unlike team immunity, since you will be all be together, the immune person will still be able to vote for someone, however no votes may be cast against them.

At the Final, the remaining contestants will face the Jury (several of the most recently eliminated contestants) and argue their reasoning as to why they deserve to be the winner of the Game. The Jury will then vote for a winner. Whomever receives the most votes from the Jury will ultimately be declared the winner of the game.

:62:

Rules

:78:

Aside from the usual Site Rules, there are only a couple of others to keep in mind.

Please limit discussion of this Game to the related thread/threads, and not discussing it elsewhere across the site.

Private Messaging

Aside from the Game thread/threads, you can PM other players in this game and are free to do so as much as you wish.

However, you cannot quote other player's private conversations.

You can relay information or twist what was said if you want, but don't quote other players directly, or edit quotes from those people to make it appear as though that is a direct quote. This includes no screenshots etc.

You can also have multi-person conversations. However, if someone from these has been voted out, please do not use that conversation thread anymore. Create a new one for the remaining people to use.

For those who are voted out, please do not communicate directly with people still in the game about the game and for those still in it, vice versa.

Like with Mafia, please respect that once you're out that players still in the game have to figure things out for themselves.

:rip_1:

If these couple of rules are broken then Pinstripe and I will confer and decide on appropriate course of action, which potentially could result in players being removed from the game.

Aside from these couple of restrictions, what happens is all in your hands.

You can do whatever it takes to survive. You can lie, backstab, betray and blindside, form voting blocks or undermine others, etc.

Whatever it takes.

And remember, if at any time you are not sure about something, feel free to ask me. :help:

Whatever you think will work that will keep you alive and get you to the end.

Votes

In your Private Messages, you will find a thread titled "Game and Voting Confessional" (or will do when I get around to making them all) which will be where you will vote for people and can use that thread for anything else, making notes, thoughts on other players etc. Simply post the number of the current round and the name of the person you wish to vote off.

This can be changed any number of times until the designated deadline time that votes are final. This time will be announced following the Challenge each round.

You may leave a vote any amount of time in advance for the current round.

So, even if you are not around at the time of the votes being revealed, your vote will count so long as you leave a vote in that Game and Voting Confessional. And these can be changed also obviously, any time right up until the deadline.

YOU CANNOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF

Failure to vote will result in 2 penalty votes against yourself. Failure to vote twice will acrue 3 penalty votes. The third time, you eliminated immediately.

Tie Breakers

In the event of a tied vote, those who have received the equal most number of votes that round don't vote. Everyone else on that team will have the chance to change their vote.

If after this revote it is still a tie, those people who have been tied on become immune, along with anyone else who has successfully played, granted or won immunity that round, and the remaining players will draw rocks to dtermine who will be voted out.

This will be in play all the way to Final 4.

If at Final 4 there is a tie-break required, the 2 people tied will do a challenge, the winner will move on, the loser is eliminated.

Twists

You will all recieve a single Immunity in advance. These can be used at any time between now and the Merge.
    To claim these, they have to be played at the BEGINNING of each round and there will be a cut off point announced for claiming to use this (approx 30 min after the challenge has been completed).

I will send these to you in a PM titled "Game and Voting Confessional".

Don't worry if you haven't got this yet. I will get to these this afternoon/evening before 9pm at the latest.

Fingers crossed, lol

These will be represented in an image with each individual player's username (or abbreviation) on it.

However, a maximum of 4 people can use this in any single round, until the merge.

If you still have this immunity unused at the Merge, it loses it's power. However you will recieve a clue to a Hidden Immunity Idol in exchange, which will be entering the game at the Merge.

If you are voted out with this still in your possesion, it leaves the game with you. It cannot be bequeathed.

If you use your immunity before then, you will not receive any clues.

Which brings me to...

Hidden Immunity Idols will be in play.

The last opportunity to play an Idol is at Final 6. The method of obtaining them will remain a mystery... aside from this:

There will be 1 entering into the game this evening (or shortly thereafter) and another at the merge.

If you come into possession of an Idol (which is represented by an image marked as such) you may play it at a TC to negate all votes cast against you at that time. After the votes are final you will have a 5 minute grace period while votes are being tallied in which you must post the image of the Hidden Immunity Idol. At the end of the 5 minutes, your idol's legitimacy will be declared (if it is legit or a fake) and if it is legit, the person with the next highest number of votes will be voted out.

The idol can only be in possession of a single person at any time and this will be monitored by the hosts. Only the person who is considered in possession of the idol will be able to play it successfully even if someone else manages to post the correct image.

If you wish to transfer the idol you must simply post in your Game & Voting Confessional that you wish to "Transfer possession of the idol to [insert name]" From that moment the idol is no longer yours and belongs to whomever it is you have assigned it to.

The Hidden Immunity Idol may be played on another person simply by stating so when you post the image during the 5 minute grace period. You will post "I am playing this on [insert name]" or some variation of this, along with the image and it will be official. If you only post the image it will be assumed that you are using the idol on yourself. Like transferring the idol, this cannot be changed once it is posted. Even if it is a joke.

Lastly, you may leave a note in your "Game and Voting Confessional" thread if you would like a host to play the idol on your behalf should you not be able to attend Tribal Council.

If you do possess one of these, you can share this information or keep it secret. Again, it is up to you.

If you get voted out with a HII in your possession it leaves the game with you. It cannot be bequeathed.

Remember, people can bluff obviously also. Lying is all part of the game.

There may be other Advantages included. An example of this may be an advantage at a challenge or a double vote (making your 1 vote worth 2) etc. Whether you keep this secret or share it, this is up to you.

Again, if you are voted out with one of these, they leave the game with you.

There will be no advantages honoured beyond Final 6.

Schedule

Events will roughly be held beginning at 9pm, Sunday - Thursday.

Some nights may only have the 1 event, but most will have 2.

I am inclined to not hold live events on Friday or Saturday, as people have lives. Who knew? :88:

There could still be things to do during the weekends, but if so they will be non-live so people can fit them in around RL.

The First Day

Currently, there are no teams. There are just 18 players. You are allowed to message each other privately, and will be able to message everyone playing, but once teams come into effect, remember which team you are on.

I know this could potentially be overwhelming but you all know each other anyhow so it shouldnt be that hard, lol.

At 9:00pm tonight the Game officially begins with your first challenge and teams will be assigned.

Most of all, this is a social game. So have fun and remember that what happens in the game, stays in the game.​

As of right now, the game is in your hands.

:ynwacelti

Good Luck!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  6. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    tl:dr

7. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  8. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Well as Ollie continually said to Stanley

upload_2019-5-28_12-2-4.jpeg

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Your name changes always * me, who were you last game? Johnny Doggs? :56:

10. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  11. Mr. Slippyfist

Aw man, how did I not get an invite :54:

12. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    You can have my place.....I didn't want in and was just going to play it for the numbers.

@Taz

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  13. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Seems quite straight forward :39::bash:

14. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    PaulM1888

15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Good *

16. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If you say so ...

17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Well I'm at least half right :56:

Twisty likes this.
  18. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Am sure I tried to tag you but thought you may have been pennywise. Sorry mate. My bad.

As Marie is ok with it, will slot you in her place. :50: Thx @Marie. Sorry, I must have mistaken your enquiries as you're indicating wanting to be involved. Would love to have you on board to help out with the hosting if you like. That would actually be a huge help, along with Pinstripe & I.

Marie likes this.
  19. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Nah, I was just asking what closed ID was, I would have played to keep the numbers in place but I'd have been totally lost.

Yeah, I'll happily help you with hosting :50:

20. Keano88

Vote Slippy

Seán Mac D likes this.