1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay, Moravcik, Di Canio, LARSSON!
    If we took the Green Brigade out the picture for a minute..........

Would UEFA/FIFA/Police/Powers that be allow the majority people to stand all game?

I reckon I know the answer. Now I'm a big fan of the GB and the atmosphere they bring (no comment on their politics) but I'm wondering if this goes beyond them here....

2. fms06

So much for the 'thunder'. Even carol singers stand ffs. Go to chapel/church etc they stand while singing.
    You wont be happy until its a 15000 seating drinking bovril abd eating sandwiches.

3. Ginsker

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King of Kings!
    Of course it goes beyond them. The Club have scores a massive GIRFUY against the SFA and the Establishment and now we have the powers at be using any pedantic rules they can find to make us (the Club) suffer.

It's very difficult win against a Health & Safety argument!

4. fms06

This is bigger than the gb its an attack on the fans from the board.

5. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Might wanna remove that tin foil hat of yours... :rolleyes:

6. fms06

Its not that difficult. Look to germany etc. If they can do it in those countries then so can we. The sfa will not force the issue of h&s. As the european courts would open a can of worms.
    Its not the sfa, its the board under handed antics. Using false information to further their objectives. But this is not the first time eh? Mr. Reid.

7. fms06

Eh???

8. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm getting a bit annoyed with people saying the atmosphere will be dead if the GB leave. Yes, they create a great atmosphere with the drum and banners etc, but since when were they the only ones who were allowed to sing for 90 mins? I don't see much point in going to games if there's no atmosphere, so if we lose they atmosphere created by the GB, why doesn't everyone else just sing a lot? If people are so concerned about the atmosphere the GB creates, why not create it yourselves? I for one will be singing my heart out next time I'm up, regardless of whose singing around me, and without dragging the good reputation of Celtic fans down with offensive banners.

9. Mince.Charming

!!!

10. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    @FM06

Why would the board attack the fans?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2010
  11. liammcdowell

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
    Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63
    I don't know if I believe there have been police complaints. Seems pretty convenient it comes just after 'Poppygate', and surely there are sections where fans stand at almost every ground in the SPL. There's never any complaints about away fans who stand every game at Parkhead. How come now, after all these years, wooden flagpoles are a safety issue? Seems a bit of an easy way to stick the boot in to the Green Brigade. The board should give a clear message to the Green Brigade rather than the cheap transparent tactics they are using now.

No doubt in my mind whatsoever that the section will be broken up at the end of the season, the board will not allow this to happen again

The bottom line though when it all boils down is that the poppy should not have been on our shirt, the majority of fans didn't want it there and the GB are now being punished for voicing that opinion. Sooner John Reid * off the better.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2010
  12. C.B.

It is clear from some of the comments the GB are beginnng to believe thier own hype, which is clearly beginning to be counterproductive for the club. This political nonsense is at best ill conceived juvenile ramblings without any true logic within the context of the wider world at large and it lacks cognitive coherence to have any political substance. This posturing has no place at a football match full stop. How can anybody criticise the clear sectarian majority from across the city when the club is subjected to this level of underminning by thoughtless kids. As for the atmosphere aspect that they bring, it is what they should stick to and it is what they are good at not geo-political ramblings. And if we are all honest the wider issue that is the root cause of the dearth of atmosphere is that we have bee buying sub-standard players for years now which means we are * poor to watch, this is the real crime that the board have perpetrated, all this is masking the issues we should be up in arms about. When was the last time we bought a * top player or even attempted it!! I despair when we now have a situation when fans are referring to Rogne,Kayal, Crosas, Ledey et al as top players. They are not!!

13. Artur Boruc #1

By that I mean prawn sandwich munching corporates etc etc. Are they proper supporters ? Not in my eyes.

Irrelevant, because we're talking about the GB section here. My point was aimed at the corporates who no doubt still complain despite the fact that it doesn't affect them.

Hmmmm...... :rolleyes:

How does it not make sense ? Standing up creates a much better atmosphere and that is what we, as supporters, should be aiming to do.

If you are worried about getting your view blocked then you should be nowhere near 111.

I go support Celtic, not "enjoy the game". If I wanted enjoyment, I'd go to the cinema. The GB are better supporters than a lot of those who frequent Celtic Park btw, silly to say otherwise.

No *.

However if the Green Brigade go; the atmosphere goes with them.

14. kennydal

Jack * off ,to early for this * :56::50:

15. Markybhoy

Technically that is true but it is not the same. If it was the same then nobody would feel the need to stand would they?

16. kidMc14

:50:
    Support that view entirely. I feel as if im not giving it a 100% when i sitting down so i HAVE to stand up, its the adrenaline you get for supporting your team and no one should have the right to clamp down on genuine love for your club.

17. LB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Hooper ,All Time -"Jinky"
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic song
    First time i have heard Celtic fans separated by class !! we are a club for all supporters from all walks of life No-one should be singled out using this method We are Celtic Supporters after all nothing more nothing less :celt_2:

18. pelethebhoy

You can also * while standing up, but it feels wrong!

19. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

:56::56:

20. CelticFC1967

It's ok i'm sure the PLC will be quick to condemn the Ranger's fans for standing at the game in February. I'm sure they shall condemn them for their racist and sectarian singing. Obviously the club will be just as quick to make a statement over such behaviour as they were to condemn their own fans after a banner stating an opinion.

Oh wait, its a shitload easier to condemn your own fans, the lifeblood of the club, instead of back them. Disgraceful but not surprising. I think the PLC could soon find out the true meaning of the phrase they plaster on Tickets and merchandise to gain more money :

'Football without fans is nothing'.