1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

It’s impossible to throw it on the pitch.

Unless yer good at long distance throwing.

2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Bobo_ likes this.
  3. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

There's been stuff thrown on to the pitch by our fans,incase you missed it,*.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

No at Hampden.

:56::101:

5. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Wow..

That really is an assassination..

Calling us paranoid as well. Lol..

The only sectarianism he brought up was about McInnes when he was going to game's in the 90s. Lol..

The irony in telling today's support to cheer up. Haha..

Seems Neil isn't getting much enjoyment out of our dominant era..

Avatar Daizen and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Celtic fan ma hole mate.

bagforlife and McChiellini.. like this.
  9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

10. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye the bit about neds on a bus is a giveaway, but that’s two articles trying to * it into our fans today mate. It needs dealt with imo.

StPauli1916 and McChiellini.. like this.
  11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Time to eradicate these spoiled wee neds..

12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    There are fans that have views like him, regardless of whether or not he is/isn’t.

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Exactly bud :50:

14. Pogues

* article. Paranoia? Anger? I think he's getting his Glasgow teams mixed up.

Denying a song was sung at McInnes calling him an orange b? Never heard any Celtic fan denying it happened (personally I don't think it's sectarian anyway). Talking about the Celtic away support like the things being thrown, pyro being used is exclusively an issue for us when quite a few clubs have this problem suggests to me this is an unbalanced biased article.

It was a long hard time going to the games in the nineties but that makes the success we've had for nearly 20 years now all the better. You'd think this clown, being a Celtic supporter, would have something more positive to write about.

Gyp Rosetti and McChiellini.. like this.
  15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Yup sadly there is, they would happily sit and listen to Laurie all day long. :42:

16. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    No worries mate I got Mistaking

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC are set to escape SFA punishment for the sectarian chants their fans directed at Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes at Hampden on Sunday - after holding a meeting with representatives of ultras group The Green Brigade in the build-up to the William Hill Scottish Cup semi-final.

McInnes was sent off in the second-half of a game the Pittodrie club lost 3-0 for making a gesture towards supporters who had been calling him a “sad Orange b******”.

Afterwards, the former Rangers player admitted he had been wrong to react to the abuse he was subjected to and stressed he would accept whatever punishment he received for his ill-advised action.

However, he also revealed the singing would be included in the match delegate’s report and expressed interest in seeing if the Parkhead club were also disciplined for the conduct of their followers at the cup tie.

But Clare Whyte, the SFA compliance officer, appears unlikely to take any action because Celtic are able to demonstrate they took all “reasonably practicable steps” to prevent any disorder in the stands.

It has emerged the Scottish champions held talks with The Green Brigade in the days leading up to the semi-final to discuss their conduct and use of pyrotechnics at games following a series of flashpoints in high-profile matches.

Smoke canisters and flares have been set off at Celtic games on several occasions this season. There was also a pitch invasion by occupants of the safe-standing section at Parkhead at the Old Firm game last month that resulted in the electronic advertising boards down one side of the pitch being knocked over and a steward suffering an injury.

The meeting with the ultras group - along with other preventative measures - has highlighted to the governing body that the double treble winners take the conduct of their fans seriously and are committed to ensuring a safe and family-friendly environment for spectators.

Celtic released a statement on Monday evening denouncing the sectarian songs that were aired in the semi-final the day before - but also highlighting the behaviour of Aberdeen supporters during the same match.

Chanting of this nature should have no place in football and we condemn this wholeheartedly," read the statement.

"We hope the authorities also take the same interest in offensive chanting directed at Celtic Football Club and our supporters at yesterday’s (Sunday) match and other games."

McInnes is waiting to discover if he faces further disciplinary action. Compliance officer Clare Whyte will review the referee’s report before deciding to issue a notice of complaint for staff misconduct.

After the game on Sunday, McInnes said: “I’ve been sent-off for being frustrated. And for that I apologise. I’m wrong and I’ll take my punishment. I let it go the first time. I shouldn’t. I should be better than that.

“I’ve heard that song a hundred times aimed at me and I’ve never reacted to it so the frustration maybe from the game has played a part in that. The referee or the fourth official deemed my reaction a red card offence. If it is, it is, and I’ll take my punishment for that.

“It will be interesting to see if everybody gets punished for the incident. It’ll be in the delegates report, which is refreshing as it’s not always in their report, when they hear sectarian singing. It certainly wasn’t in the last cup final.

"But that’s not my fight. It’s for others to condemn

Celtic closed the safe-standing section for two games, including a Champions League qualifier against Rosenborg, back in 2017 following incidents at Hearts and Linfield games.

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell issued a statement after St Mirren keeper Vaclav Hlkady required treatment after a firework landed near him during a game against Celtic in Paisley earlier this month.

He said: "There have a been a number of incidents across many clubs this season, with a range of items, including pyrotechnics, being thrown on to pitches. We need to do all we can to remove this from our game. The club does not want it, our players do not want it, our manager does not want it and our supporters do not want it."

Keano88 likes this.
  18. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    How can the * claim to have went to home and away games all through the 90s and not hear anything remotely sectarian towards Celtic from fans of other clubs.

Also, how can he be a long term Celtic supporter and think that all Irish songs = "Provo songs".

He also has a strange fascination with slagging off Celtic fans whilst talking up * like Ally McCoist and Mark Hately.

Its clearly a hun pretending to be a Celtic fan in order to call the Celtic support angry and paranoid. The hun media is really starting to crack due to the treble treble haha.

Gyp Rosetti and StPauli1916 like this.
  19. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Q mock outrage from the media and other fans.

20. dmac

The sfa know that as soon as they charge any team regarding sectarian singing they would take a pounding as the teams representative would tturn up with a load of footage of other teams directing it at their team and fans

seanm likes this.