1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

£10,880 of £15k goal

ChrisMoh likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

this could be getting closed off on Monday so best get in quick if you want to donate

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Mr Brown's Bhoys

I probably wouldn't have posted those Crow. It may be tech my end but they look severely underwhelming chants.

I love the likes of Irish Soldier Laddie and Merry Ploughboy but it looks like even the GB are struggling for the words not to mention the rest of the stadium. Personally I'd like to hear a lot more pure Celtic songs (football) like Willie Maley and 4 leaf Clover. Just look at how much the crowd respond to Lisbon. I'm not saying we don't respond to 'Irish' songs or don't sing football chants, I just think atmosphere would be improved even more if we sung more football chants.

I don't get to many games and I'm the first to admit that so correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd love to hear what people' thoughts were on this.

8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

They are * terrible. 2 chants about the huns that nobody seems to care about and the most underwhelming Merry Ploughboy I've ever heard.

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

I like them. :fear:

10. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

They songs were sung aswell today mate and they were just as flat.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  11. TheHappyLoss

Atmosphere has been a bit flat the last couple of home games

12. bgmick Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    The GB were as usual outstanding today. The problem is that and I have said it before on here, there are too many people that think that the group are part of the entertainment and are there to be watched and listened to without joining in with the singing. The main gripe I have is that some people find the constant support and chanting is cringey . Well all I can say is if any of these people were there at the end of every game they would see that the team and the manager appreciate the support that comes from these guys. I admit that years ago I thought it was just a short term fad when they started up, but i think that in years to come these lads will be spoken about in glowing terms for the enthusiasm and colour they have brought to Celtic Park and elsewhere where the team play. They have also encouraged young supporters to the games with their energy and enjoyment of watching Celtic. Just watch the Kano Foundation section at the matches, the kids are bouncing and supporting the team the whole game taking their lead from the GB. So I say keep up the support, adding new songs and bringing colour to the game and hopefully more of us will join in with the vocal support of the team.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. Mr Brown's Bhoys

Fantastic post!

I wholeheartedly agree,what they've brought to CP is amazing. That can only be good for the team and as you say the way everyone goes over to the GB after the game says a lot.

As you say the responsibility for creating an atmosphere has to fall on the the other fans too which make up the majority in the stadium. I know when I've been the sections that I've sat in have been very subdued and all the video cameras are pointed at the GB, and it's so annoying! I think you've come to CP in the middle of winter have a little bounce around and a sing song to keep you warm!

I hope that the section keeps growing and growing as more young fans are encouraged to come to the game, watch some brilliant football and be encouraged to have a 90 minute sing song. I'd give everything that I could to get a season ticket in that, or surrounding, area - and a mon-fri job in Glasgow!

Much better video btw Crow.

15. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Whole stadium was flat yesterday especially the players on the park. Probably the worst home performance of the season, Gamboa and Tierney were lively, Brown and Armstrong tried to get forward but 90% of the match the ball was passed between Boyata, Sviatchenko, Bitton and other players then going back to them and round in circles all the time. Most of the players just seemed to want the game out the road without having to break sweat.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  16. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Have to agree the lack of urgency at times was really annoying, it did get a bit better in the second half, but most of the time there was nobody moving or making runs apart from the two wing backs, and * knows what Gordon was playing at with some of his play out from the back.

17. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    If the Mouss hadnt scored just before HT I wonder how it would have turned out, I thought it was looking like a draw up till then.

Only Tierney really done anything in the first half, had a decent shot, a decent ball blasted across goal and set up Armstrong. Other than that heehaw happened other than the goal which was class play by Dembele.

18. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    As long as the players give it their all in the Scottish cup and secure this treble, I can forgive them for lacklustre victories over * in the league

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. bgmick Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    That's our future supporters getting in the "groove" and in the Celtic way. Wish we could get more of our supporters aff their * and support the team more vocally. I sit at the back of 406 and apart from a small pocket half way down it is a feckin mortuary.