1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic statement

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Nov 7, 2018.

Discuss Celtic statement in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    There isn’t two companies. Stay off Hun forums.
    Or stay off Celtic ones. Whichever suits you best.

StPauli1916 and Free the Adblock like this.
  2. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Haven’t you heard? When the oldco got liquidated and they said the club and company are different entities they used a companies house mid 90’s report saying Pacific Shelf 102 or whatever it’s called had its name changed to Celtic plc or something like that.
    Even Celtic fans (as you can see) want to believe it means we are a separate club and a company :56:

Marie likes this.
  3. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :rofl: total madness!

I must have been in a coma for a couple of decades...I missed that!
    :brendy:

4. shieldsybhoy

Sorry, what on earth are yous talking about? Have yous read the statement?

Celtic say they are a completely different entity to Celtic Boys Club.

Jesus Christ man.

You're also missing my point entirely.

5. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yeah, I've read the statement, it's your post that's got me flummoxed, where you stated....Celtic were liquidated, that's a what I'm laughing about.

6. shieldsybhoy

I thought Celtic Boys Club (as they were back in the day) weren't a thing anymore?

That was not the point of my post at all. I dont see why people are taking more precedence for this than what ive actually said.

7. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Finding all this scrambling to make the point "it was a different company" quite cringeworthy. Even it being a different company, it is a boys club we lent our name to and was a part of our set up (that would have given it legitimacy).

A guy we later employed again as well. If this was the huns we would be disgusted at them for pointing out the technicality that it was on paper a different company, so "aye no our responsibility".

8. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That's not what you said though, you insinuated that Celtic were liquidated, no thing to do with Celtic Boys Club and Celtic being different companies....here's your post below.

9. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Pacific shelf csc ! :ynwacelti

:90:

10. shieldsybhoy

I'm really, really, really sorry. I forgot to type 'Boys' and 'Club'. Will you ever forgive me?

Are you done points scoring now, or can we actually get back to the topic at hand which is scottish society & media vilification of celtic's irish catholicness and their need to proctect rangers?

11. W33kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson moravcik lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa, athenry, willie maley,let the people sing
    A thing that really needs stop on here is folk comparing another celtic fans view point to that of a hun, get a * grip fs.

12. W33kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson moravcik lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa, athenry, willie maley,let the people sing
    There is one plc which was created and owns the original company, its a tad confusing all anyone needs to know is the original company still exits and our history is still intact.

13. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I am guessing that is at least partially aimed at me. I never compared this to a huns point of view, I compared it to our point of view on them in a similar scenario.

It is a valid point to make especially with their child abuse scandal just recently and their point of saying "that was a different company" to the victims.

14. shieldsybhoy

kevin_elliot - thank you - although to the others, I never doubted our history wasn't intact.

Artorias - I'm comparing Rangers claiming they are a completely separate entity to their old club (per the BBC article I posted previously) to us claiming that Celtic FC is a completely separate entity to Celtic Boys Club - obviously there are differences in the two but they are comparable statements relating to the same issue. Obviously - nothing further was looked into Rangers due to them not being of Irish Catholic heritage.

My point has been totally lost in all this though - here it is again, I think it's pretty valid:

'This has happened to Rangers. This year. But, Neil Lennon was right, because of the ingrained anti Irish anti-Catholic racism in Scottish society, we don't hear about that and the media outrage against us is huge and the legal system wants to protect rangers.

Literally the exact same as Celtic have done - 'it was a different entity'. We don't hear anything about it.

Exact same reason as why the Hugh Dallas coin incident gets harked back to after all these years after but the Rangers coin throw at the Livi game is already forgotten about and you won't remember Neil Lennon's in a few months time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-44126217

To add to that - this Patrick McGuire lawyer is using these victims as a vehicle for his own public status and therefore financial gain (I assume he is doing this pro-bono purely because of the press it will give him - normal working people probably wouldn't be able to afford his fees). And he is questioning other people's moral compasses?

Artorias likes this.
  15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Some things are simply bigger than point scoring in football, and this is one of them. Everyone involved with the club, and I include the fans, should want the truth first and foremost.

Gully Sands, Liam Scales and Artorias like this.
  16. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Dry your eyes and read what you posted.... Jeez.

Done trying to explain my initial reaction of your post.

17. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Thats exactly what they did do...

"The company which owned Rangers Football Club.... which you refer to as owing duties of care to your client will have been the company then called The Rangers Football Club PLC and now called RFC 2012 Limited.

"That company is currently in liquidation but we do have the liquidators' contact details and can provide that information if it will assist."

Last year the BBC revealed a catalogue of alleged abuse by Neely at various clubs, but he died in 2014 before facing justice.

He was in youth development at Hibs in 1983 and then moved to a similar role at Rangers in 1986.

18. shieldsybhoy

You're honestly as bad as the grammer police on social media.

Exactly - but where is the media outrage? Where is the ambulance chaser of a lawyer trying to make a name for himself?

19. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

*grammar

blackfish, Jeannie960 and Liam Scales like this.
  20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    The Scum shouldn’t even be mentioned in this thread. They have there issues and would like to deflect. We know there mentality.

Everyone involved with us should want whats best for the victims, and thats justice. Whataboutery doesn’t come into it at allz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.