1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic pubs in Glasgow

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by KingHenrik777, Aug 14, 2012.

Discuss Celtic pubs in Glasgow in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. victoryamaha Gold Member Gold Member

question for ye tims,

is o'neills on sauchiehall street classed as an irish bar or just a normal bar,been in it many times late in the night and it doesnt seem like a themed bar so i presume it doesnt show the games etc but was just wondering?

2. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

I thought the same about O'Neills, it looks more like a Scotland pub with the Scotland flags.

3. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Was in their last year for the Sion away game on tv and was rammed with Tims and although Im not a regular whould certainly say its a Tim pub.

Would agree, for those out there a bit paranoid or walk around in Tricolours Dalmarnock is a better bet and just as quick to walk to

4. SloBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Dalmarnock station is closed till November.

Bridgeton station to Celtic Park is just fine on matchdays, obviously crowded on way back tho.

5. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That would explain much then, actually I never find it that packed unless you get the very first few trains back into toon, after the Helsinki game Ive never seen it that packed in fact it was brutal, couldnt even get on the platform, thought that was odd as Ive never seen it like that after a night game, looks as if the usual Dalmarnock folk have had to go to Brigdeton then, I ended up jumping a bus, they start from outside the station at the cross itself and go into Buchanan St via Glasgow Cross, so worth knowing if you meet what I did the other week, also again you dont have to creep to much into Brigdeton as the bus stop is only 30 or so metres from the station exit in front of the bandstand

6. obonfanti1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Henrik Larsson is the King of Kings
    if you live round Partick way, the Smiddy or the dolphin's your best bet! :50:

7. KingHenrik777

Thanks guys, I will digest all the info and make a decision on the day - just see how we feel.
    Cheers :50:

Well, thats put paid to me travelling up for the Mini Huns game on the 6th Oct as they've now moved it to the Sunday, Ive been shafted with this 3 times now and twice last season I bought train tickets way before the game to guarantee seats and travel plans only to lose the cash due to non-refundable train tickets etc but not this time (finally learnt from my mistakes.)
    Looks like I'm driving for this one now so now beers before or after and straight back down the road after the game, thanks Celtic !:31:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2012
  8. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I know how you feel, mate. I have the same problem as well. I want to book flights as early as possible, but you never know if the date will be changed, so I mostly end up staying in Glasgow the whole weekend.

9. Rockys Zetec

well lads I am heading over to the match on wednesday and i was wondering where is the best pubs to go to before the match and after, me and my mate are stsaying in the city center and planning and walking to the ground?stupid idea?whats the best advice you could give, are we safe enough to wear our colours around town before hand.:84:

10. Bethol McG 1916

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boolavouge
    head to the gallowgate loads of celtic pubs also not far to the ground from there and wearing colours shouldn't be a problem :50:

11. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    Off the game this Tuesday vs Partick

Where is the best place to drink on the Gallowgate for a sing song?

Is it walkable from Central?

(I've usually just got a taxi to the match for various reasons so dont know this)

12. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

It doesn't take too long at all walking from the central to the Gallowgate.I'd usually walk a bit further up to The Drover,as it's less busy,but if you're wanting live music and a couple then I think The Phoenix is a good shout.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    ScouseHoops likes this.
  13. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Any of the pubs on the Gallowgate are walkable from Central station. Head down to Argyle Street, turn left and then walk towards the Cross. At the fork keep left and that's you on the Gallowgate.

Not sure how busy the pubs will be on a midweek night game but plenty to choose from.

14. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    It was quiet. Ended up in Bar 67 where there where 2 American girls and I had a chat with a couple of other people in there.